Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about the UI Map.

TwistedAx

The UI Map.

Is there any reason, at all, for the map to "CONSTANTLY" be forgetting places that have been previously visited? When moving from one room to another (or to a hallway), either partially, or entirely, the map will "CONSTANTLY" forget (sometimes multiple) areas that have JUST been thoroughly explored. A lot of the time, its the SAME ROOM, multiple times. 2-3 times is common, seen it happen upward of 5 (FIVE) times, a few times. On bigger maps, it seems to have a higher chance of happening, and it seems to be upwards of a 50% chance. Almost every mission I play, besides the smallest of maps, I see this bug, at least a few times. Seems to happen to roughly every 1~3 rooms on some maps. Not 5 minuets can go by, and I'm thinking yet again, "Oh my FRIGGIN GOD, this is annoying...."

I have not met a single person in real life, that has such a BAD memory for forgetting places that they literally JUST visited, much less 5 seconds ago. Why should the map in a GAME be so forgetful? These Warframes and their Operators are basically "super" beings, much more advanced in both technology and brain power (...I would assume?). If this is an intentional decision, its an intentional DESIGN FLAW. And not one that in ANY WAY adds anything to the game, AT ALL. All it does is add frustration. Nothing more.

Not one single other game's map does this, as far as I have EVER played, in some 30 years.

You may be thinking, Why is it so annoying to me? Because I like being able to actually see the FULL map, not "parts" of the map, that I have already "thoroughly" explored. Its a waste of time having to go back to re(-re-re-re-re)-uncover the map. Mostly it only really bothers me when I'm soloing, which I happen to do a lot on syndicate missions, and sometimes I like to just play solo anyway. If I'm not solo I tend to not care, so as to speed the mission up for the rest of the group members.

Maybe I'm just too much of a completionist?

And yes, I have done a file check to see if that was the problem. It was not.

Never have I wanted to quit playing a game because of its Map UI before. Because sometimes, this either bug or intentional design flaw, does.

Please, Digital Extremes devs, Fix this.