Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bought a controller, doesn't work

Synthoid

Question

So after getting Monster Hunter: World, I got a controller along with it I could plug into my PC. This would be the controller. However, I realized that both Overwatch and Warframe also support playing with a controller, so I was looking forward to trying that. But neither game seems to recognize or respond to the controller, when MH:W does so just fine. What's up and how do I fix it?

12 answers to this question

This has happened to me before with an Xbox controller (it had a cord.) Can you specify which controller you have? but I didn't bother maybe go onto the settings in-game? IDK. otherwise get the receipt and take it to wherever you bought it! 🙂 

Okay, I looked at it so you probs can't get a new one! Also, I think that the controller will be way more difficult to play Warframe on.

Edited by Fr0styB0i

30 minutes ago, Synthoid said:

So after getting Monster Hunter: World, I got a controller along with it I could plug into my PC. This would be the controller. However, I realized that both Overwatch and Warframe also support playing with a controller, so I was looking forward to trying that. But neither game seems to recognize or respond to the controller, when MH:W does so just fine. What's up and how do I fix it?

The problem you are having is that the controller you bought doesn't have native drivers for Windows.  If it didn't come with some software to install, then sadly it's just not going to work well if at all.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

The problem you are having is that the controller you bought doesn't have native drivers for Windows.  If it didn't come with some software to install, then sadly it's just not going to work well if at all.  

Can I get the drivers somehow?

16 minutes ago, Synthoid said:

Can I get the drivers somehow?

Well, here's the thing about that.  Since its a controller based on Sony's, and Sony isn't planning on making Windows drivers for their controllers anytime soon.  The manufacturer might have some on their website if they have one.  

Microsoft can't legally make any drivers for it without getting hit with anti-trust by the government.  

Your only other option is to get the DS4 Controller softwa re and hope it works, or get a refund for the controller.  

Edit:  You might want to also check out his link. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added link.

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Well, here's the thing about that.  Since its a controller based on Sony's, and Sony isn't planning on making Windows drivers for their controllers anytime soon.  The manufacturer might have some on their website if they have one.  

Microsoft can't legally make any drivers for it without getting hit with anti-trust by the government.  

Your only other option is to get the DS4 Controller softwa re and hope it works, or get a refund for the controller.  

Edit:  You might want to also check out his link. 

What link am I looking for?

On 2018-09-18 at 6:49 PM, Erytroxylin said:

Yes, you will need to start steam in big picture, then launch warframe through steams big picture mode.

If I do that the first time, will it keep it automatically from then on? Or do I need to do it every single time?

12 hours ago, Synthoid said:

If I do that the first time, will it keep it automatically from then on? Or do I need to do it every single time?

You have to launch it like that every time. I'm not sure if it will or won't work for you either. I have the official PS4 controller and it works for me that way. If you don't have the official controller, I have no clue.

Edited by Erytroxylin

On 2018-09-23 at 7:31 AM, Erytroxylin said:

You have to launch it like that every time. I'm not sure if it will or won't work for you either. I have the official PS4 controller and it works for me that way. If you don't have the official controller, I have no clue.

Understandable. I don't have an official PS4 controller- as the link shows- but I do have one made for the PS4, and Steam recognizes it as a PS4 controller.