Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire, The Forgotten Poison...

EclipsedHusky

So a while back I made the Mire just so I could have a full poison set, only thing is the poison on it is horrible.

Not saying this needs to be insane like the Torid or the Acrid, but the Mire really needs a tweak on its poison damage, either be it set as a % of the base damage. Or make it main poison and have normal damage be the secondary damage.

Really a shame so many melee weapons are pretty much useless...

with a maxed out killing blow...

Mire does about 200 poison damage and a small 8 1-tick DoT poison damage.

nobody would use it for reasons other than mastery atm. :I

Oh it also deals poison on charge instead of Serrated, making it pale in comparison to everything else in a charged battle. :I

Really feel like if we're risking our lives with close range single handed swords or daggers they should have a bit more impact...I mean we can THROW blades for at least 25 damage or up to 55 damage...Why are there ANY single (none charged) melee weapons below or at 25...(Don't remember all damage normal hits do, and then add in the fact most have not armor ignore)

Edited by BobBoberson

I didn't think anyone still used it cuz of how ugly it looks. It's a nice sword I guess but it looks so out of place on a warframes.

Wut? You crazy.

This thing looks like Rathalos Greatsword. I bought it right away when I first saw it, and never regretted it. 

Mire:

250px-MireInfestedSword.png

Rathalos Greatsword:

Weapon404.png

Mire is too easy to get to be buffed. Sorry. Maybe one of the new Infested weapons will be a melee. And not low leveled.

And other things are "harder"? It is all just farming, and DE could every easily change what amounts or what types of materials it would need. I mean for me and others it would be nice if they made it cost a TON of nanospores since we have so many, then if it was buffed people could USE some of those nanospores.

tbh I think there should be a way to fix that kind of weapon type, normal + low poison,

how about this

the mire will still only do 8dmg on hit but it's moddable with pressurepoint (and pressurepoint only)

but it'll mark the target with a debuff, for 3 sec

if you hit the target again while it's debuff the dmg will stack up to 10-20 times 

how it will look like: 

first hit 

n + 8poison dmg

second hit

n + 2x8poison dmg
third hit
n + 3x8poison dmg

etc

it won't be op since you have to build up stacks = which let's you stay in the front of the enemy, at the same it gives a different feel and it would work well against single target high lvl enemies.

(contagnion should also do the same the extra bonus dmg should be stackable few times and have a base dmg instead % of the melee, which would give fast attacking single targets weapons a lead, ah btw the debuff should only work on 1 target)

Edited by Seira-EGT-

tbh I think there should be a way to fix that kind of weapon type, normal + low poison,

how about this

the mire will still only do 8dmg on hit but it's moddable with pressurepoint (and pressurepoint only)

but it'll mark the target with a debuff, for 3 sec

if you hit the target again while it's debuff the dmg will stack up to 10-20 times 

how it will look like: 

first hit 

n + 8poison dmg

second hit

n + 2x8poison dmg

third hit

n + 3x8poison dmg

etc

it won't be op since you have to build up stacks = which let's you stay in the front of the enemy, at the same it gives a different feel and it would work well against single target high lvl enemies.

(contagnion should also do the same the extra bonus dmg should be stackable few times and have a base dmg instead % of the melee, which would give fast attacking single targets weapons a lead, ah btw the debuff should only work on 1 target)

pretty good idea I'm all for it

It's not Mire that's the problem, it's the Longsword weapon type.

Mire still has a horrible underpowered "special" trait in its poison. So it needs tweaks that on top of the long swords need.  Honestly the idea above is great, but I would rather this sword MAIN poison and the melee damage be a side thing, give it something like a 3 tick of DoT like acrid's Dot time, then you could charge in stack Dot on em... I dunno melee needs a whole rework in my mind since so much of it is well, either OP or not even worth looking at.

Mire still has a horrible underpowered "special" trait in its poison. So it needs tweaks that on top of the long swords need.  Honestly the idea above is great, but I would rather this sword MAIN poison and the melee damage be a side thing, give it something like a 3 tick of DoT like acrid's Dot time, then you could charge in stack Dot on em... I dunno melee needs a whole rework in my mind since so much of it is well, either OP or not even worth looking at.

As opposed to the Machete with almost identical stats and no bonus at all?

Like Alphascrub said: Jaw Sword too

Pangolin, Heat sword? All worse than Mire because of it's minor poison add-on.

Edited by Archistopheles

I agree with something like that Idea. Could be cool. Only issue would be how long would the debuff last? Currently ticks of DoT are kinda of all over. Acrid is medium, Torid is slow DoT, and Mire is a single tick. Miasma is like instant ticks...

the debuff only lasts 3sec as I said every hit refreshes it though, changing target would stop the debuff and would start from the beginning on the new target.

rules for the debuff:

- only 1 target can be debuffed at one time, limited to 1 player, 4 players could debuff 4 targets

- debuff has a stacking limit 10-20 somewhere there

- if 2 or more players are attacking the target with a mire or something similar, the debuff gets a stack from every attacker (limit won't increase),

- a successful hit while the target is debuffed, will refresh the debuff

Edited by Seira-EGT-

the debuff only lasts 3sec as I said every hit refreshes it though, changing target would stop the debuff and would start from the beginning on the new target.

rules for the debuff:

- only 1 target can be debuffed at one time, limited to 1 player, 4 players could debuff 4 targets

- debuff have a stacking limit 10-20 somewhere there

- if 2 or more players are attacking the target with a mire or something similar, the debuff gets a stack from every attacker (limit won't increase),

- a successful hit while the target is debuffed, will refresh the debuff

Should send this all to Scott and Steve for a way to fix MIre on its special case. :3

I did just say I see the ENTIRE melee idea needing reworks didn't I?

Didn't I say that too?

It's not Mire that's the problem, it's the Longsword weapon type.

Yep.

Mire still has a horrible underpowered "special" trait in its poison. So it needs tweaks that on top of the long swords need. 

I was responding to this statement. ^