Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Prime Nerf or Riven Disposition Change

JackFraust

On 2018-09-27 at 3:31 AM, Xaxma said:

That would actually be a viable thing if the game wasn't already easy enough as it is. I can play this game with my butt over how easy it is.

IL6MZa.gif

Nothing in this game is remotely challenging and largely sits on novelty of new weapons and toys over deep, challenging content. It can't be "challenging" and not total BS at the same time because the nature of the game is essentially a stat-check at heart despite one's personal ability, so you'll  get to a point where the enemies completely and totally will overwhelm you eventually.

People "crying" over nerfing weapons are basically subconsciously asking for challenging content by creating a situation that makes existing methods more difficult than they are currently.

That's what this is about.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. 99% of forum posters come across as crybabies with these posts. I don't even have the Gram Prime yet and I can already guess how little it will change current meta. Actually not at all unless they suddenly make changes to the enemies making them stronger against all other weapons. Gram prime will deal an absurd amount of damage to all enemies but once the player reaches a certain enemy level threshold said enemies will mop the floor with the player regardless of what weapon or riven they are toting. Ask for stronger, smarter enemies that are rewarding to kill not mindless nerfs for dumb reasons. 

1 hour ago, BladeZerker said:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. 99% of forum posters come across as crybabies with these posts. I don't even have the Gram Prime yet and I can already guess how little it will change current meta. Actually not at all unless they suddenly make changes to the enemies making them stronger against all other weapons. Gram prime will deal an absurd amount of damage to all enemies but once the player reaches a certain enemy level threshold said enemies will mop the floor with the player regardless of what weapon or riven they are toting. Ask for stronger, smarter enemies that are rewarding to kill not mindless nerfs for dumb reasons. 

well said

On 2018-09-27 at 3:58 PM, Buttaface said:

Of course not. Else the OP would know that a) gram prime has a short range compared to many other options, even primed reach doesn't boost it that much, b) gram prime has an annoying ragdoll effect using Tempo Royale, and is not very good for Cleaving Whirlwind, c) gram prime is sloooooow, requires either frame powers or two mod/arcane sources of speed to be even usable, d) custom fast zaws with exodia hunt that gram can't equip are still better in every way I have tested other than "on paper."

Gram Prime is essentially the heavy blade version of Arca Titron, also more powerful than gram prime due to it's CO boosting electric proc that also functions as "hold in place" CC, it's high hammer finisher multiplier, and its damage/range boosting slam special. Did people gripe about Arca Titron when it came out? Not IIRC, they praised it.

and Arca Titron is not even a primed weapon.

Gram Prime is fine, a good, balanced weapon. Whips are still king of anything under level 100, and zaws kick in somewhere above that depending on what frame powers are at play. Gram Prime, even with its high riven disposition, is a sidegrade to zaws, damage overkill with range and speed tradeoffs, and that's what balance is and should be.

Its awesome with cleaving whirlwind.