The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Drop Since Update 9.x

OTTERMATIC

Hello, everyone,

I started playing Warframe around update 9.4. The game ran fine. I actually ran it on Medium settings, and it was very smooth; I never noticed any FPS drops, and I'm one of those people that has a difficult time playing a game that's below 60 FPS (or in other words, I really notice FPS drops, and I didn't see any.) But since 9.5, my performance has been slowly degrading. The worst part is, changing the settings doesn't seem to affect anything.

I've noticed a lot of people with the same issue on this forum, so I decided to start looking through all these threads, look through my settings, and whatever I find, I'll put here.

I'll update this thread with some more specific benchmarks later, but here's what I found from playing around a bit: no matter what settings I used, what resolution I played at (from 800x600 lowest, to 1920x1080 highest); no matter what, my framerate stayed below 50, and usually below 40, staying around 28, but during the menus and the intro cinematics and the ending cinematic, the framerate can go back up to 50, and 130 on menus. That's what typically happens for me, but I've also found, going between fullscreen and windowed seems to boost framerate for a short amount of time. This is ridiculously bad performance, especially because I can run Battlefield 3 on Medium settings without issue; less demanding games I can even run on High. This is the only game I have these issues with, and it looks like it isn't just me.

If you all are having performance issues of any sort, reply and use this format (put an X next to things you have turned on, blank if off. For sliders and resolution, be exact if you can.) Maybe we can scrap together some amount of benchmarks, and see if it's a problem across the board, or if it affects certain systems, or is tied to certain settings.

Launcher settings

Fullscreen:

DirectX11:

64Bit mode:

Bulk Download:

Aggressive Download:

Game settings

Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:

FOV:

Show HUD:

Display Mode:

Anti-Aliasing:

High Dynamic Range:

Local Reflections:

Dynamic Lighting:

DOF/Motion Blur:

Bloom:

Color Correction:

Nvidia Physx:

Shadow Quality:

Texture Memory:

Brightness:

Contrast:

Vertical Sync:

System specifications

Processor:

Video card:

RAM:

HDD:

Average framerate with above:

For me, this is what I get:

Launcher settings

Fullscreen:X

DirectX11:

64Bit mode:X

Bulk Download:X

Aggressive Download:X

Game settings

Resolution:1280x720

Aspect Ratio:16:9

FOV:Max

Show HUD:X

Display Mode:Fullscreen

Anti-Aliasing:

High Dynamic Range:

Local Reflections:

Dynamic Lighting:

DOF/Motion Blur:

Bloom:

Color Correction:

Nvidia Physx:

Shadow Quality:Low

Texture Memory:Low

Brightness:Default

Contrast:Default

Vertical Sync:

System specifications

Processor: i7 3630qm 2.3 Ghz

Video card: GTX 660m 2GB

RAM: 8 GB

HDD: 7200 RPM

Average framerate with above: 28

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon, because the game has become unplayable for a lot of people.

Are you hosting? Hosting lobbies causes a huge hit in FPS. Other than that, check drivers, etc etc.

My drivers are up to date (checked less than 12 hours ago), I've rebooted, I've tried launching from different areas, etc. The framerate doesn't change for me whether I'm hosting or not; it's 36 or lower (usually lower), regardless.

And that's the big thing for me. No matter what settings I use (again, 800x600 on lowest settings, or 1920x1080 highest settings), no matter what planet or faction I play, no matter what I do (host the game, with Firefox, Steam, and several other programmes open, or without anything else open and on someone else's game), the framerate stays at the same average.

My drivers are up to date (checked less than 12 hours ago), I've rebooted, I've tried launching from different areas, etc. The framerate doesn't change for me whether I'm hosting or not; it's 36 or lower (usually lower), regardless.

And that's the big thing for me. No matter what settings I use (again, 800x600 on lowest settings, or 1920x1080 highest settings), no matter what planet or faction I play, no matter what I do (host the game, with Firefox, Steam, and several other programmes open, or without anything else open and on someone else's game), the framerate stays at the same average.

so turning off stuff like PhysX and shadows doesn't help?