Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio problem

Kszyrztof

So... When I'm roaming around ship everything is fine, but when I open the star chart or start any mission (during missions also) audio goes strangely quiet and distorted. And that applies to sound sources even outside the game (Spotify, Chrome etc.). I've tried closing every program that might cause conflict with game, I've reinstalled the game and nothing worked.

Have you Guys encountered this problem and have any solution to this?

Same problem.

Have been getting this since the Revenant Update.

Checked drivers, verified files, optimized files and even did a fresh install. Still the problem persists.

x32 and x64 bit versions of the game also tested.

Did the DEV's changed something in the audio packing or something?

On 2018-10-01 at 1:29 PM, TyN0niEwiEm said:

So... When I'm roaming around ship everything is fine, but when I open the star chart or start any mission (during missions also) audio goes strangely quiet and distorted. And that applies to sound sources even outside the game (Spotify, Chrome etc.). I've tried closing every program that might cause conflict with game, I've reinstalled the game and nothing worked.

Have you Guys encountered this problem and have any solution to this?

Oh I think I know what this is. Maybe. 

Go to: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound

Then click on your speakers and press properties, click on the enhancements tab and check the box 'Disable all sound effects'.

Also go to the Advanced tab and uncheck the box that allows applications to take exclusive control of the device.

See if that fixed it

• Like 1

There some articles online saying that the latest Windows update has some conflict with Intel audio drivers. If you're using onboard sound with an Intel chip and have installed the latest Windows update, then that might be the issue. You can try rolling back the Windows update to see if that fixes anything.

14 hours ago, Arniox said:

Oh I think I know what this is. Maybe. 

Go to: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound

Then click on your speakers and press properties, click on the enhancements tab and check the box 'Disable all sound effects'.

Also go to the Advanced tab and uncheck the box that allows applications to take exclusive control of the device.

See if that fixed it

Had Tried that already.

I was watching the system while I played the game and I noticed that every time the game loads the file "F.Misc.cache" the audio hangups happen.

The game runs perfectly smooth, no freeze and no stutter. The file is accessed and the audio cuts off for a while. A few seconds later it freezes for a second and all audio plays at once and it go back to smooth gameplay.

Edited by Harloq
Messed the quote.

On 2018-10-06 at 2:09 AM, Harloq said:

Had Tried that already.

I was watching the system while I played the game and I noticed that every time the game loads the file "F.Misc.cache" the audio hangups happen.

The game runs perfectly smooth, no freeze and no stutter. The file is accessed and the audio cuts off for a while. A few seconds later it freezes for a second and all audio plays at once and it go back to smooth gameplay.

That... Sounds like a very weird bug.. It may be file access rights conflict but beyond that, I have never heard of this happening... Gl my dude. 

• 4 years later...

Ok I'm a bit late to the party but I had this same problem and tried all sorts of things to solve it and found what was causing it, atleast in my situation. Im using the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro and what was happening with me was they were connected as both headphones and a headset which sounds weird. If you are having this issue and go into
Sound Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound then open the recordings tab it shows Headset labeled at the top of the list which it switches to when you open the recording tab, this causes the awful audio. By simply right clicking that headset and disconnecting it completely solves the issue. Literally just found this 7 minutes ago and everything seems to be working perfectly!