Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Lex?

Bones98

Is there any talk among the devs about introducing the dual lex? It would be awesome to be able to hold that insane amount of firepower in each hand while fighting off enemies.

Also, am I the only one that things vastos should have a "beefier" sound like the lex considering the vasto looks like a 44 magnum revolver?

Upon hindsight, I really don't think that a dual-wield variant of the Lex is a good idea.

With the Lato, Bolto Viper... and even the Vasto, the Lex is meant to be a true handcannon as compared to it's lighter counterparts. (TV Tropes definition, not to be confused with the Bronco), dual-wielding it would kind of wreck the feeling of possessing ridiculous fire power in one package, not to mention, handcannons are meant to be single weapons. 

Also I think that to balance it it make it do more damage (Or change it's damage to 'Armour Piercing') and increase the weapon's size, as currently it's kind of out-classed by the other pistols damage-wise. Even in terms of burst damage, the other weapons will still outclass the Lex with sustained damage. (E.g. Vasto can do 100+ damage in the time it takes for 1 Lex shot, and Twin Vipers can 400 damage per second compared to the Lex's comparatively measly 70.) 

Not to mention, quite a few of the other pistols are of relatively similar accuracy (Lex: 16 Lato: 18.2 Vasto: 16, got stats from Warframe Wiki) 

AND... just how many Lex users do you see out there? 

That's just my 2 cents on the topic. 

Edited by H3_Cupcake

I'm with the "do not want" crew. It'd be completely out of place, and I love the Lex as it is. If you technically want an improvement on it, the Vandal/Prime route would be significantly more fitting than Dual. But even then, I like that it's a less than popular option that's still super playable. The Lex is like...Warframe's best kept secret.

Edited by Sumnus

Because the Lex is a pocket sniper. Why would you dual wield pocket snipers?

It defeats the niche of the weapon.

The niche of the Lex is defeated by its comparatively abysmal stats.

Honestly it need a major buff, i dont understand why many secondaries can be as good or often much better than most/all primaries, but the lex is like a really S#&$ty version of the snipetron.

Edited by Wellwisher

The niche of the Lex is defeated by its comparatively abysmal stats.

Honestly it need a major buff, i dont understand why many secondaries can be as good or often much better than most/all primaries, but the lex is like a really S#&$ty version of the snipetron.

Well, but I still using it, still love it and even the fact that this one smaller than Lato makes me feel groovy.