Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disrupters - Why?

Cleverbird

When I started this game, I absolutely loved the Infected, the first time I came across a Infected map, I was freaked out by its atmosphere. They quickly grew out to be my favorite faction, due to the ease to kill them, but also the difficulty when they swarmed you.

Nowaday I dread Infected maps, they're simply not a fun faction anymore. The chargers in particular are bad, but thats not what I want to talk about today. No, I want to discuss the Ancient Disrupters. Why, oh why, do they do so much?

They can drain all your energy in one hit

They can drain all your shield in one hit

They have a larger health pool than normal infected

They have armor, unlike normal infected

And last, but not least, their attacks stagger you (like every Infected can these days)

All of this adds up to one of the most annoying enemies I've ever fought in games. I absolutely hate them, and not in the good, challenging way. Because I know, that if one gets too close, or if the 12314th Charger staggered me, I'm dead meat. I cant use any of my skills to escape, or rely on my shields to save me. Not to mention that I'd be staggered anyway!

Please, tone down the Disrupters a little. I dont mind them being strong, but not THIS strong.

My only problem with disruptor is when they spawn in a group, that's all. Well 2 is fine still, but a couple of them, sometimes accompanied by 2 toxic or another healer is ... Meh lol

It's actually a pretty easy mobs to deal with as long as you are not getting hit first. Even when you are swarmed by other chargers you can do some circling movement and still hitting the disruptor (that left right left right left right) to prevent them doing the hit as they are always staggered by melee attacks

-Edit: I do agree with re-adjustments, and spawn rate too, please ._.

Sometimes their spawn number is just simply hilarious ...

Like what lohntron39 posted bellow, I too, have encountered that kind of disruptor pack a couple times

Edited by Adagio

Been thinking they should re-tune disrupters to only take away a set amount of your shield/energy pool, since taking away shield is dangerous and annoying, but taking away energy is just lazy and bad mechanic: without energy, this is a sub-par 3rd person shooter with a repetitive melee system. Any gameplay mechanic that denies the use of abilities is completely negative in this game IMO, since that's the one thing that makes this game stand out from other shooters.

That said, I don't foresee them nerfing disrupters, since with the newer weapons like the boltor (which bypasses their armor) and the HEK (which staggers them 100% no matter where you shoot them), dealing with disrupters and ancients in general is a lot easier than before.

Still, on a purely theoretical level, I agree with you that they need some adjustment.

Grineer Commanders are far worse. Enemies with high health, high damage output, and the ability to swap you out of a safe location and right into their pals with no warning and no counter? Yikes.

Are you kidding me? Even if swapped, you'll still have all your energy AND shields, giving you a good opportunity to counter attack. The Ancient Disrupter takes that all away.

Maybe once the energy system is redesigned (I'm hoping it is), the disruptors won't be so obnoxious, taking all of your energy. They could also make it an energy drain, like corpus bots shoot at you, so at least it's not instantaneous to lose all 250 energy I had saved up.

I'm not complaining about difficulty at all, as they're still simple to fight. I just find some elements detrimental to fun, like repeated staggering, and I was once juggled to death by ONE disruptor. I don't know if the cooldown/delay has changed since then, but I was repeatedly longarmed while trying to get up, till I died. Challenging enemies shouldn't mean one mistake and their cheap moves should get the better of you. Granted, when in a large group of enemies, you run the risk of the same thing happening, but at least that was a large group (but really, you should just have stagger resistance while you get up, but still take damage).

Btw, once I opened the door to a room, saw 6 disruptors and 3 healers, and I just said "aw heck no!" and luckily was leveling my Loki, so I went invisible and ran through the room. This was after the patch that supposedly fixed too many appearing at once. :P Yeah, that does sound sort of fun, but the risk was that if I do mess up and get hit once, I would've died from endless stagger and I didn't feel like it at the time.

This post turned from a disruptor post into an anti-stagger lock post. Players should never be stun locked. It feels awwwwwwwwwwful.

When I started this game, I absolutely loved the Infected, the first time I came across a Infected map, I was freaked out by its atmosphere. They quickly grew out to be my favorite faction, due to the ease to kill them, but also the difficulty when they swarmed you.

Nowaday I dread Infected maps, they're simply not a fun faction anymore. The chargers in particular are bad, but thats not what I want to talk about today. No, I want to discuss the Ancient Disrupters. Why, oh why, do they do so much?

They can drain all your energy in one hit

They can drain all your shield in one hit

They have a larger health pool than normal infected

They have armor, unlike normal infected

And last, but not least, their attacks stagger you (like every Infected can these days)

All of this adds up to one of the most annoying enemies I've ever fought in games. I absolutely hate them, and not in the good, challenging way. Because I know, that if one gets too close, or if the 12314th Charger staggered me, I'm dead meat. I cant use any of my skills to escape, or rely on my shields to save me. Not to mention that I'd be staggered anyway!

Please, tone down the Disrupters a little. I dont mind them being strong, but not THIS strong.

they move slowly outside of the charge and you can easily stun lock them with melee.

Dont get close to them if there are too many others around.

The problem is, how can I run away from them if A) I cant see them beforehand (they might be around the corner for all I know) or B) I'm constantly staggered by chargers/runners/leapers

You know, it only just occured to me... but every single entity in the Infected army has a stagger/knock down.

they move slowly outside of the charge and you can easily stun lock them with melee.

Dont get close to them if there are too many others around.

So, use melee to stun them, but not if there's more than one, in which case you're just boned. Yeah, sounds like a great enemy design.

The way you fanatically defend eveything as-is and are so resistant to change, I'm about 95% sure you're a developer alt at this point.

The problem is, how can I run away from them if A) I cant see them beforehand (they might be around the corner for all I know) or B) I'm constantly staggered by chargers/runners/leapers

You know, it only just occured to me... but every single entity in the Infected army has a stagger/knock down.

a- check your corners. Plus they have their own uniquer growl so you should listen for that.

b- if there are many enemies around just move away to take care of the smaller ones before going for the big ones.

So, use melee to stun them, but not if there's more than one, in which case you're just boned. Yeah, sounds like a great enemy design.

If you wish to melee them you can either separate them by baiting one in one direction or bringing them close so you can swing at both at the same time.

The way you fanatically defend eveything as-is and are so resistant to change, I'm about 95% sure you're a developer alt at this point.

I am not resistant to change i just look at things from all possible angles.

Some of you folks seem to only try one method of attack and if that fails then there is something wrong. If i try something and it doesnt work i go try something else, then something else, etc. It's not until the point where one is out of options that one can really say something is broken or messed up.

You know who thinks like that? NINJA!

That's RIGHT! This is why they were such successful killers, cause they tried every possible way to get to something done. They werent afraid at doing the craziest or silliest things.

Another pet peeve I have with the Ancients in general, is the fact that my Fragor doesnt stagger them like my cronus does... How does that make any sense? It should be the other way around

Unless your hammer was really underleveled/they were high level it was probably a bug.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

just to troll everyone be glad there isnt a giant swarm of super charged grinders who are faster than their normal counterparts, do more damage, not only stagger you but have the chance to freeze you making you slower, and have shields. everyone should stop saying they hate disruptors, grineers, etc. cause i've seen some well placed warframe specials that clears all those enemies in 1 or 2 shots.

"More than one" does not mean "exactly two". Check the screenshot I posted earlier in the thread.

In that defend situation that Volt should be overloading like crazy to get rid of the smaller enemies which will drop loads of energy orbs and if you couldnt stop those things before they got to the pod that Frost should have snow globed the pod which would have made all of them easy prey.

In that defend situation that Volt should be overloading like crazy to get rid of the smaller enemies which will drop loads of energy orbs and if you couldnt stop those things before they got to the pod that Frost should have snow globed the pod which would have made all of them easy prey.

Spamming 4's doesn't clear ancients, putting up a snowglobe is going to force everyone into melee range which means they'll get hit by the disrupters, and then you're also in melee range of the toxic ancients which is bad.

Spamming 4's doesn't clear ancients, putting up a snowglobe is going to force everyone into melee range which means they'll get hit by the disrupters, and then you're also in melee range of the toxic ancients which is bad.

Read carefully, man.

Volt overloads to get rid of the SMALLER enemies which with gives more energy and snowglobe tremendously slows down the speed of enemies inside which makes them easy pray. The only way you would get hit inside the globe is if you are some sort of human tortoise. And the toxic is all the way on the other side..... stand in the opposite and leave him last.

b- if there are many enemies around just move away to take care of the smaller ones before going for the big ones.

That brings up a good point... what's with ancients' ridiculously long charge distance? It's like the only thing that stops their charge is either stairs or sharp 180 degree turns. When they first implemented the ancient charge, I tried rolling out of the way and usually get knocked by the crowbars anyways... I guess ancients are just THAT intelligent that they overshoot their crowbar swings just to compensate for the Tenno rolling out of the way. *roll eye*

Unless your hammer was really underleveled/they were high level it was probably a bug.

I had this ame problem actually. Scindo seems to stagger ancients from lvl1, while Fragor doesn't. I just chalked that up to "oh, I guess only edged weapons stagger ancients?"

Read carefully, man.

Volt overloads to get rid of the SMALLER enemies which with gives more energy and snowglobe tremendously slows down the speed of enemies inside which makes them easy pray. The only way you would get hit inside the globe is if you are some sort of human tortoise. And the toxic is all the way on the other side..... stand in the opposite and leave him last.

Ahh, I see. You think that it's always going to be the exact same situation over and over, that you can't have multiple spawns coming at once, that it'll always play out nice and easy and there'll only be one toxic ancient at a time in the mix of six to twelve disrupters. Unfortunately for you, this is not the case.

Also, if you're playing a defense and are leaving the toxic ancients standing next to the cryopod for last, it's going to die from their aura.

Quite simply, the spawn rate or the abilities need an adjustment.

a- check your corners. Plus they have their own uniquer growl so you should listen for that.

So essentially, instead of fighting them, I should just run away from them? How is that fun?

And my Fragor is level 25, and I still cant even stagger level 13 ancients. The Gram can, however, but its range is appaling

I made this suggestion a few days ago that could help with being more aware of when Ancients are around to suck away your energy and shields:

Ancient Infested are Too Quiet

https://forums.warfr...iet/#entry77695

But overall, I agree they should be worth more XP, they take far more punishment than your average Grineer Heavy.

Edited by Sherbniz