The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poe leeching

(PSN)doggychunks

22 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uhm... How much gear do you normally need hunting the Eidolons? Because I mostly just use my amp and my Lanka. If those are equipped, I'm usually good to go. 

And let's be honest, a high MR player with a forma'd weapon doesn't ever actually start at 0. Their mod capacity is tied to rank, so a MR20 is looking at a mod capacity of 40 for weapons and frames from level 0 - 20. By the time you factor in the polarity created by the multiple formas that's likely to match or surpass the total capacity of a fully levelled weapon or frame without the forma. That suggestion would prevent those players from enjoying the game. 

The above is beside the point. The fact is that many players use top end game modes to level gear. This would be fine if they brought weapons or powers that could kill or help the team in addition to what they are leveling, but they very often do not. Have wondered in high level bounties dozens of times "why is this taking so long, why am I having to do and kill everything?" then look at the gear screen, "o, that's why, two of the team are leeching with no gear/powers that can kill anything." IMO, that is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Edited by Buttaface

18 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

The above is beside the point. The fact is that many players use top end game modes to level gear. This would be fine if they brought weapons or powers that could kill or help the team in addition to what they are leveling, but they very often do not. Have wondered in high level bounties dozens of times "why is this taking so long, why am I having to do and kill everything?" then look at the gear screen, "o, that's why, two of the team are leeching with no gear/powers that can kill anything." IMO, that is a problem that needs to be fixed.

I have been there as well, but just last week I took a friend on their first successful Teralyst hunt, and a few days prior I was in a public group with a high MR player (in the 20s) who was getting a running tutorial in voice chat. 

My friend had a lenz and maybe a mote amp. (he's MR 8). The high MR player had the right gear but didn't seem to get much damage in. (I suspect lack of experience but it could easily be the wrong build/no forma). 

When we play in public groups we get a very mixed bag of players. Some know what they're doing. Some don't.