The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

background in the foreground directx 9

AJ1EKC

Hello everyone, I have some problems:
- - in relay, missions and ship background in the foreground when using directx 9 (worst on Ceres, Jupiter, Eidolon's plains, Index and Onslaught), if you enter any small room and step away from the door to close it, everything becomes normal... and sometimes when you look in a certain direction
- - when using directx 10 frequent crashes (earlier there was an error 'not enough video memory', but judging by the graphs of the use of resources with memory all right, there is a jump GPU usage)
- - checkmark to enable directx 11 gray, so I don't know about the behavior of the game when it

also, the background of the inventory is transparent, the progress bars in the forge do not show progress, filled to the maximum, but it's not a big problem, not causing much trouble

about half a year ago there was no problem with the background in the foreground (only in the relay and only 2 large ships behind on the sides and small ships everywhere) and I was quietly playing on directx9, putting up with the rest of the problems, but now...

screenshots

Спойлер

wpxyviyVCFo.jpgdX_euV8v5dw.jpgckZjY_Z1QRg.jpgNGDHW6mTas4.jpgIZbWG8V3lkk.jpgpnGfBCmfLxc.jpg1-wJrhiVFTw.jpg

p.s. video settings preset minimal, 64bit mode tried on and off, win10 64bit, newly installed, recently on win7 64bit had the same problems, dxdiag say i have drectx12, drivers relevant, i have Intel Xeon CPU 2,67Ghz with 8 cores, 4Gb RAM, and ATI 2600 hd pro (yes, I know it's not enough, but until recently there were no problems)

hope for your help

Edited by AJ1EKC
add info

I think it's truly the time for you to upgrade the graphic card because that ATI 2600 HD PRO is even 2-3 times worse than the integrated potato UHD 630. Also, according to this site https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-2600-pro.c212 the GPU only supports up to Directx 10, which explains why the Directx 11 box is grayed out. 

As for the invisible background bug... Recently ago DE just announced that they will slowly cut off support for Directx 9, so I assume that it's either a bug or DE's new intention to push users out of using Directx 9.

Graphics card upgrade probably needed.

Looked at UserBenchmarks website... The website says NVidia GT 1030, a modern low end card I am using, is over 5 times faster then ATI 2600 HD.

Looked at wikipedia, "List of AMD graphics processing units", 2600 HD Pro launched over 10 years ago, too old, and have 256 MB or 512 MB, less then 1 GB, which is too small for most parts of this game when it comes to Cetus, Plains of Eidolon, and possibly future contents.