The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Blue Screen Caused Powerful Game Lag

EganMC

My computer is top notch, at least from a specs point of view. I'm able to run the toughest games, no matter the size, on their highest graphical settings and have no lag issues at all.

This was the same with warframe.

Warframe is my favourite game right now. It runs without any issues whatsoever, and has run in any mission type, on any location, any amount of enemies... etc.

Basically, I have never had a lag issue with a game, unless it was on my older computer.

Recently though, my computer had a bit of a crash during an infested defence mission, and performed the classic blue screen. I scanned for problems and searched for any recent downloading my roommate may have performed, but absolutely nothing came up. Nothing had been downloaded within a month, aside from Warframe itself.

I passed it off, as computers always see their fair share of bluescreens.

However, whenever I log into warframe or go into any game after this incident, the game runs at a very low fps, no matter what I play, whether it be solo, online, inviting friends, I lag like crazy.

This is not connection issue, this is entirely game based.

The odd thing is, this occurs with no other game. Only warframe sees this issue. I can still easily run Bioshock Infinite on maximum settings without any issue.

It's unfortunate I cannot play more warframe now, as the screen teleports everywhere, my movement is too erratic, and the game is anything but smooth. So I would appreciate some help, if you're giving it.

Sorry for the long post.

Actually, what causes BSD? It can be pretty much a problem with your hardware, especially if the problem in Kernel. Start checking temperature and stuff, brother. Last time I got BSDs. I found out that cooler on my video card broke, so it went up to 135 C.

Actually, what causes BSD? It can be pretty much a problem with your hardware, especially if the problem in Kernel. Start checking temperature and stuff, brother. Last time I got BSDs. I found out that cooler on my video card broke, so it went up to 135 C.

agreed blue screens , or black screens however you want to put it is usually caused by hardware or software that supports the hardware , something either conflicted with the warframe client that caused your screen to go blue and or something may have just rarely happened hardware wise

If this problem keeps going on i would advice you to check the event viewer , and find what the problem was at the exact time that it happened

Event log Needs administrative privileges

go to

Custom Logs > Admin logs , check the time that you roughly got the crash at and post here , i only know some fixes not many but anything else will need to be either direct to Nvidia / AMD readon / Microsoft etc 

I dug through the Event Viewer and found a Critical administrative event. The source is linked to the Kernel-Power, 2 of these have occurred in the last 24 hours, 3 in the last 7 days. The event ID is 41. 

I'll admit, I'm good with computers, but I'm no whiz. I'm gonna need some assistance as to what this all means.

(Also, just incase you get mixed up, the problem is not constant blue screens, it's large fps drop in warframe and warframe alone, nothing else)

Cheers for your assistance so far guys :)

P.S. Upon the crash in the warframe defence mission, the computer began whirring extremely loudly, almost as if the fans had gone into a sort of overdrive. This only occurred for the warframe crash, not the other 2. I'm providing this incase it supports any theories.

Edited by EganMC

I dug through the Event Viewer and found a Critical administrative event. The source is linked to the Kernel-Power, 2 of these have occurred in the last 24 hours, 3 in the last 7 days. The event ID is 41. 

I'll admit, I'm good with computers, but I'm no whiz. I'm gonna need some assistance as to what this all means.

(Also, just incase you get mixed up, the problem is not constant blue screens, it's large fps drop in warframe and warframe alone, nothing else)

Cheers for your assistance so far guys :)

P.S. Upon the crash in the warframe defence mission, the computer began whirring extremely loudly, almost as if the fans had gone into a sort of overdrive. This only occurred for the warframe crash, not the other 2. I'm providing this incase it supports any theories.

hi there sorry for getting back to you so late was watching anime , but anyway to the problem

"The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated."

unless a specific error accours during this large FPS drop it might not be specificly software related , also the fact that you said the computer began to make a extremely loud whirring noise

that could indicate to as some of your PC components might be failing and overheating either that or your graphics card or fans might be faulty

when playing warframe when you get the crash again be sure you have detailed stat software installed to monitor CPU/GPU heat usage etc etc , obviously if you have a high end rig warframes engine is not going to utilize all of it so it should be around 60% or so usage

(example :- my card is very old and it uses mostly 95% of it just to keep it running smooth because its not as mighty as today's modern cards)

if you get the time try opening up the case and just inspect all the hardware piece by piece slowly try turning the fan if it has resistance / slightly off balance etc it will need replaced or better yet fixed

so personally i dont think the kernal-power error directly relates to this , it could have just been your flat m8 not shutting down your PC correctly (witch is bad) , if he is then you need to tell him that to make sure he goes start and then shut down and wait for it to shut down that way it all shuts down cleanly

another thing you can try is using the "sfc /scannow" command (obviously without the " in it) this will restore any windows files that are corrupt

:NOTE: depending on how much your HDD is filed up it will take some time

^after this is done if you decide to do it - restart and then clear you registry , cclearner i find it a great program for this and its free^

now these are just a bunch of options and info that you need to know off course if you dont have any problems with the following options then it needs to go into more detail including logs witch you might need to submit to DE and or microsoft

I've performed what you asked. I looked inside my computer, didn't find any faults. This computer is very new, bought about 3 weeks ago.

I also performed the scan in the Command Prompt, but it turned up no issues.

I think you may have me mistaken. The problem is not persistent crashing. The problem is game lag. I crashed once during warframe, my computer got stressed out, and now warframe runs badly, with jagged screen animations and teleporting and only enough speed to have minimal control. It never did this before, and other games that require a lot more stress than warframe run perfectly fine on all their highest settings.

I have tried over and over to replicate the event with a detailed log recorder active, but no crash occurs.

I went back to the event viewer and discovered these "Errors"

Event ID                     Source                                  Log                                                         Last Hour    24 hours  7 days

2                        Kernel-EventTracing     Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin           0                 0            20

10                                 WMI                                      Application                                                 1                 6            18

1001                         Dhcp-Client    Microsoft-WIndows-DHCP Client Events/Admin                    1                 6            18

1001                         BugCheck                                  System                                                      0                 1             2

6008                           EventLog                                   System                                                    0                 2             3

7000                Service Control Manager                      System                                                    0                 0             2

7009               Service Control Manager                      System                                                     0                 0             2

10000                    DistributedCOM                              System                                                    0                 0             1

10010                    DistributedCOM                              System                                                    0                 0             3

The WMI and Dhcp-Client ones interest me, they seem to have recorded the amount of times I have started up warframe.

But i'm gonna need some help here, I can barely understand the majority of this.

Thanks for all your support so far guys!

Edited by EganMC

Using a basic 3 day system restore, I managed to take care of whatever issue was causing the lag. It's fine now, but for future reference, and so this thread has a point, i'd still like an issue to be found if ya can.

Thanks gentlemen

Sounds like some driver had some files/settings wrecked during the crash. Should've tried to uninstall/reinstall graphics driver.

My original guess was your gfx card was cooking itself.

FYI, DHCP has to do with how routers your computer gets an IP assigned from the router. WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation, it lets you automate a buncha admin tasks. Neither has anything to do with performance.

Edited by Kyte

Sounds like some driver had some files/settings wrecked during the crash. Should've tried to uninstall/reinstall graphics driver.

My original guess was your gfx card was cooking itself.

FYI, DHCP has to do with how routers your computer gets an IP assigned from the router. WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation, it lets you automate a buncha admin tasks. Neither has anything to do with performance.

Ah, thanks very much for clearing the air.

I did try a Graphics card wipe and reinstall, but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm just curious as to why this is happening to a 3 week old PC.

Oh well. It's fixed now.

Thanks very much for all your help, got some really nice lads here.

I see you re-installed your graphics card, but have you tried making sure your graphics drivers are up to date?

Have you tried tweaking Warframe graphic settings?

Have you tried Alt-tabbing out of Warframe when the Framerate issue begins, then Alt-tabbing back in? <- I used to have to do that for certain games when I had an Nvidia Driver issue way back; they would randomly trigger persistent low framerates (Till they updated them).

Hope you get this sorted out soon!

Edited by Grand-Dozer