Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Mass Vitrify does not refresh Splinter Storm

Vardaeu

Every now and then when I cast MV it does not refresh SS. If this happens I am unable to break the MV with lash and I must recast MV in the hope it works.

I've noticed this happens FAR more when I'm not the leader of my party, I'm wondering if latency is to blame here. I also notice this bug has existed for a long time since the following post was made back in May:

It's massively annoying when you're trying to min max a certain situation.

Here's some more proof where MV didn't refresh SS.

These next two happened in the same bounty run making the entire run superbly frustrating...

This video shows MV appearing slightly smaller for my friend (the difference in the past has been MUCH larger, as in an MV might appear man sized for him and 30+ meters for me). I did try to step in and break whatever he was seeing but that failed too.

And finally one more where it fails to refresh twice in a row, obviously I run out of energy and thus lose the buff... Also there's a text bug in this one too.

/LOTUS/LANGUAGE/SOLARISJOBS/ENCOUNTERCACHESCAVE

Please fix my fav frame!

Edited by Vardaeu
More evidence submitted.

You're trying to use mass vitrify way too fast, you need to stay in the animation for a second or so usually for the buff to refresh, which matters even more if you're not the host due to lag. I've played gara quite a bit and I've never had issues with refreshing the splinter storm buff, because I don't cancel mass vitrify instantly.

Basically, you have to wait for the walls from MV to actually appear, because that's the part that refreshes splinter storm, not just using the skill.

Edited by DarkMarkX

So simple! Just tested and it seems to work 100%, just cast until you see the refresh then stop it.

This is still a bug and should 100% be fixed since I see many other posts about the same thing since at least May but at least this tip makes the frame actually playable in public groups so thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
On 2018-10-21 at 9:30 PM, DarkMarkX said:

You're trying to use mass vitrify way too fast, you need to stay in the animation for a second or so usually for the buff to refresh, which matters even more if you're not the host due to lag. I've played gara quite a bit and I've never had issues with refreshing the splinter storm buff, because I don't cancel mass vitrify instantly.

Basically, you have to wait for the walls from MV to actually appear, because that's the part that refreshes splinter storm, not just using the skill.

Still seems like a pretty S#&$ty way to play it considering the longer you hold it the more energy is drained