The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Mods

Deaths.Reap3r

so recently they had the survive or die event. (which i couldn't participate in... had my reasons lol)

and for the reward they gave out a mod called equilibrium? something like that...

so i obviously missed it... along with that beautiful strun wraith with a beautiful slot lol ...

but when i looked at the forum post thing for the equilibrium mod, it said rarity - uncommon...

which meant that i could get it in game even though i didnt do the survival weekend....

and i didnt like it one bit.

i mean i want that mod... but if its uncommon and can drop for everybody its not really something that you can be proud of saying you have... 

and know this is coming from a person that didnt even get the mod.

so my suggestion would be to make the mod and any later event mod called something like a vandal mod or oriken? idk (maybe even the overused legendary)...

and make those mods exclusive to the weekend alert thing only...

post what you think...

good? bad? 

sorry for the lack of capitals... i did something to my arm and atm i can only use one.

so recently they had the survive or die event. (which i couldn't participate in... had my reasons lol)

and for the reward they gave out a mod called equilibrium? something like that...

so i obviously missed it... along with that beautiful strun wraith with a beautiful slot lol ...

but when i looked at the forum post thing for the equilibrium mod, it said rarity - uncommon...

which meant that i could get it in game even though i didnt do the survival weekend....

and i didnt like it one bit.

i mean i want that mod... but if its uncommon and can drop for everybody its not really something that you can be proud of saying you have... 

and know this is coming from a person that didnt even get the mod.

so my suggestion would be to make the mod and any later event mod called something like a vandal mod or oriken? idk (maybe even the overused legendary)...

and make those mods exclusive to the weekend alert thing only...

post what you think...

good? bad? 

sorry for the lack of capitals... i did something to my arm and atm i can only use one.

I dunno. I got the strun wraith and the event mod, and honestly? I'd prefer it if it could be gotten later, the whole event exclusive thing never set right with me.

Know why? It screws over new players to the game. They'll find out about these cool weapons and mods that where available a long time ago before they ever joined, and will never be available again. And they're usually more powerful weapons and items then what are currently available. So the new players then get frustrated, cause they'll never achieve the same level of power and ability old players have. This frustration will lead to them leaving the game prematurely, theres plenty of other options for their gaming pleasure where they can get the same level of prestige and power as older players have with enough work.

This starts a circle of decay, new players find out they can't be as good as people who've come before, so they leave. They decry the game as being unfair to new players. This discourages newer players from even joining. And eventually all the old players achieve burnout and stop playing for whatever reason. Slowly the playerbase decays away to nothing.

Rather I'd like to see some sort of system in place where new players who put in the same level of effort could then get to get the 'event exclusive' weapons and mods later. I've got an idea on how to do that, but don't want to hijack the thread.

I dunno. I got the strun wraith and the event mod, and honestly? I'd prefer it if it could be gotten later, the whole event exclusive thing never set right with me.

Know why? It screws over new players to the game. They'll find out about these cool weapons and mods that where available a long time ago before they ever joined, and will never be available again. And they're usually more powerful weapons and items then what are currently available. So the new players then get frustrated, cause they'll never achieve the same level of power and ability old players have. This frustration will lead to them leaving the game prematurely, theres plenty of other options for their gaming pleasure where they can get the same level of prestige and power as older players have with enough work.

This starts a circle of decay, new players find out they can't be as good as people who've come before, so they leave. They decry the game as being unfair to new players. This discourages newer players from even joining. And eventually all the old players achieve burnout and stop playing for whatever reason. Slowly the playerbase decays away to nothing.

Rather I'd like to see some sort of system in place where new players who put in the same level of effort could then get to get the 'event exclusive' weapons and mods later. I've got an idea on how to do that, but don't want to hijack the thread.

go ahead do it.

i really like this explanation.

Bad, bad, bad. Mods should NEVER be exclusive. Bad enough that we have 2 drastically unequal versions of the same mod from this mistake already (Charged Chamber & Primed Chamber). Mods, broadly, are seriously gameplay-changing content, EXACTLY the kind of thing you keep available to everyone. Ideally, exclusive content is exclusively cosmetic, whether you earn it by playing for it in an event or by paying for it. Any other kind of exclusivity is ultimately toxic.

go ahead do it.

i really like this explanation.

Well the idea is to effectively make the events be available to clans to be replayed later. Heres the break down.

1) New tile for clan dojos to be built, the clan Key-tech room. Like the labs, it allows things to be researched, but instead of weapons its special event keys for events that have come and gone.

2) The new keys from the clan key-tech room have to be researched, and then the blue prints bought and keys crafted through the foundry. So in a way, they have to put in a little extra effort to play the events after they've passed, but it can be spread over the whole of a clan to reduce strain on individual members. Exact recipes are up for debate, some events might cost more then others to reopen.

3) The key is then used, by an officer or higher rank in the clan, and it unlocks the event for that clan for a limited duration. With the difficulty scaled to match the size of the clan in some cases. If they succeed, all members of the clan get rewards equal to their participation in the clan version of the event.

4) The clan replayed version will hand out everything but the cosmetic statues for the top ranked clans in it. Though this part might be up for debate, as you might be able to make very difficult bonus objectives that if completed would award the statues as well, as part of the special missions. Clan members would have to be alert and on top of things and know what to do exactly to get the bonus objectives though.

Though this might not work for every event, it would probably work for the majority. The formians, the Arid fear, and the last survival event would probably work well under these conditions.