Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's passive as a solution to the Vacuum issue

41_ma3

Y'know, I have been wondering: if it is DE's intention to combat AFK habits, why is vacuum not tied to bullet jumping as in Mag's passive?

I mean, if that were the case, then there wouldn't be a need to go through the whole debacle surrounding vacuum and companion usage. On top of that, the player will also have to participate in gameplay actively in order to collect resources.

I'm looking to start a discussion on the viability of vacuum triggering during a bullet jump; do you believe this is a better solution than introducing another vacuum for beast types?

17 minutes ago, 41_ma3 said:

I'm looking to start a discussion on the viability of vacuum triggering during a bullet jump; do you believe this is a better solution than introducing another vacuum for beast types?

It's certainly viable, but I would, personally, prefer  that it was either a passive tied to all companions or tied to the frames themselves without extra assigned movements.

The thought of players having to bullet jump to get loot makes me think of the old days of butt sliding to get stamina back.

sometimes you just dont want to jump, with high speed frames its even better to run everywhere then jumping, its just more controlable. 

just tell atlas he has to jump alot and sacrifice his passive in that way, or let nezha fly around, leaving his fiery trail all over the air instead on the ground. 

about the afk part, if people stand in a spot, they only get the loot in a certain radius, so they already have to do something to get most of the stuff. somehow i dont even see a habit of many afk players in missions, thats a very rare case

So there's conflict with how some frames function as well as introduce unwanted tedium... I'm starting to see the benefits of straight out UniVac.

However, let us consider the current status quo that vacuum is tied to companions. Bullet jump vacuum is still useful for those times when you have no companion (whether through death or not equipping one), is it not?

Mag could always get something like energy or shield regeneration on movement (magnetic induction) or just get an expanded vacuum range on her current passive. We can always just nerf her later as necessary./s

I’m a Mag restarter and I support this 

The Chesa collecting Kubrow taught me that sometimes, I’m better off doing things manually. Sorry Chesa was too slow. 

One Mag bullet jump next to crates is just like bullet jumping next to someone for a knockdown. It’s active and speedy farming that’s easy while traversing.

Just one extra button press compared to meleeing boxes. So far I’ve gotten a nice rare mod and an Ayatan star by sticking with it