Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary weapons

gabcas

Question

Hello friends, I was reviewing the primary weapons that I have that are these: baza, braton prime, dex sybaris, dread, lenz and the sobek. I went to the simulacrum and the weapon that had the most power against a level 75 heavy gunner was the dread! Am I right or does one of the ones I have have more power? Thank you

3 answers to this question

In most cases the killing power of a weapon depends on the build. Did you investigate what a proper build for all of them is against this enemy? The dread has great single target damage specially if you get a slash proc with that strong crit but a Baza with high status and corrosive can chew her armor in an instant, the dex sybaris with a hybrid build with hunter munitions can down her in a heartbeat, etc. All of them are good, and better in certain scenarios so make sure you check how to build them to their full potencial and choose to pick one or another depending on the mission type, enemies and your preferred playstyles. 

Edited by Amhiel

Slow firing weapons and explosives have high base damage which means even more damage when used with mods. If the weapon has a decent crit(about 15base crit chance), it will be even better at dealing massive damage.

That is not to say fast firing weapons are all useless, they can be used for mowing masses and generally better for utilizing status procs.

Also, headshotting with crit weapons will give you insane damage.