Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for lore exploration quests

NumberJack

I thought it would be cool if DE started releasing quests with cut-scenes that showed us what the war that ended the Orokin empire really was like (or maybe we'll play as a soldier in the war!). Cut scenes that will put faces to the children that eventually operated the frames and really explain the lore in a more cinematic way. I know a lot of the current quests give us brief peeks into what happened and you can find out how certain things went down in the codex, but I would really like a quest where you're forced to look in every nook and cranny of a level in a way that you'll start to understand what the culture of humans was like at that time. I thought a good way to do that for the children (would be operators) would be for maybe a fleet ships that mysteriously disappeared in the void to reappear, scattered among the solar system (maybe even wrecked on certain planets) and you would have to go explore the ships and find the black-boxes that contain video records of what really went down in the void. For the war in the solar system, they could tie in a quest with Cephalon Ordis. You know how he is always asking if we remember the war because he doesn't? Maybe the quest to piece his memory back together could be raiding old war bases and command centers. I think this would be a great opportunity to make some new tile-sets! It would also be really cool if there was a ship graveyard you could explore. I don't really know how it would work out but this is just a half-baked idea I thought would be cool!

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Problem: Cutscenes. Time. Money.

Things DE do not have infinite amounts of.

Though we are getting an Ordis quest sometime soon. It was revealed about the same time as Chimera Prologue, so hopefully we are getting it pretty soon.

I know that it takes time and money for the devs, things that are obviously finite. But I figured if they made the game more cinematic, it would start attracting other demographics of gamers. I feel like the number one type of person who doesn't like the game are the people who don't enjoy farming the parts. I myself admittedly am not a fan of having to repeat a level of 50 times to farm one frame. But for me part of makes it worth it is sometimes I get some lore out of it. You learn a little more each time about what went down and what type of person the operator really is. I think if the devs rewarded the player more with cinematic scenes about lore, more people would see the grind the way I do: worth it for more than just the frame (I know, speaking against fashion frame is sacrilegious😂). Of course my opinion is limited to what I experience, but I wish to share the feeling of wonder I get from exploring an unknown universe. DE is probably the only group of devs that I feel deserves my direct support through optional purchases. I have never felt that way about any game before. I'm proud to support this universe they created and I definitely would support the expansion of it. They already have huge plans for different open worlds, so I feel it would be relatively easy to incorporate my ideas into these. 

1 hour ago, MercilessAndre said:

I know that it takes time and money for the devs, things that are obviously finite. But I figured if they made the game more cinematic, it would start attracting other demographics of gamers. I feel like the number one type of person who doesn't like the game are the people who don't enjoy farming the parts. I myself admittedly am not a fan of having to repeat a level of 50 times to farm one frame. But for me part of makes it worth it is sometimes I get some lore out of it. You learn a little more each time about what went down and what type of person the operator really is. I think if the devs rewarded the player more with cinematic scenes about lore, more people would see the grind the way I do: worth it for more than just the frame (I know, speaking against fashion frame is sacrilegious😂). Of course my opinion is limited to what I experience, but I wish to share the feeling of wonder I get from exploring an unknown universe. DE is probably the only group of devs that I feel deserves my direct support through optional purchases. I have never felt that way about any game before. I'm proud to support this universe they created and I definitely would support the expansion of it. They already have huge plans for different open worlds, so I feel it would be relatively easy to incorporate my ideas into these. 

Well... it's not really all that easy to make. Open worlds are tough to make, but so are cinematic quests Consider this: It took three months of work to make the Sacrifice, and a lot of people complained how short that was.

I agree that more lore would be good and expand the universe (I also like finding things out about the worlds I play in), but I think there are better ways of implementing it that take less time from the devs - and from that, more can be implemented. A lore system similar to Destiny's, where one can discover text entries to read from exploring the tilesets and acquiring things or maybe achieving certain tasks would probably be a less-time consuming way to implement it.