The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Orb Makeover

Mikhael222

The new energy pads look great, and I'm glad we have them.  What if we went a step further and upgraded the appearance of the energy orbs?  The current energy orb works, but it feels outdated.  I took a few minutes to animate and render an idea for an improved energy orb that would use the new particle system.  What do you all think?

Old Energy Orb:

latest?cb=20150322052139

Suggested Energy Orb:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qyVdqBjY3tzID3IA2kexJ03g9oYvrb-T

Edited by Mikhael222
Link Issues

I'm all for more particles, but after viewing your gif, I'm already irritated just looking at the animation. I'd pick the energy orbs up just get to get rid of the annoying things if that was what they looked like.

And if you think they are outdated now, you should of seen what they looked like before. Why not take the current orb and show us a little more cutting edge to it, with more particles? Personally I like it the way it is, better fits with the game than the old orbs did.

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I'm all for more particles, but after viewing your gif, I'm already irritated just looking at the animation. I'd pick the energy orbs up just get to get rid of the annoying things if that was what they looked like.

And if you think they are outdated now, you should of seen what they looked like before. Why not take the current orb and show us a little more cutting edge to it, with more particles? Personally I like it the way it is, better fits with the game than the old orbs did.

If implemented, I highly doubt this would annoy anyone.

The orb would be about the same size and intensity as a focus orb.  It would blend into the game's graphics and feel a lot more smooth to the eye.  Also, it wouldn't fill the whole screen and be against a black background, so no worries there XD

Edited by Mikhael222

4 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

Also, it wouldn't fill the whole screen and be against a black background, so no worries there XD

Really? This is what you have to say about it? I shouldn't be rude but yeah, thanks for that captain obvious.

It's got little body, and more flashy, spinning animation than anything. It'd better be suited as some kind of ethereal substance than an energy pickup. The current model has plenty of body, but could use some extra particles.

Just now, Alcatraz said:

It'd better be suited as some kind of ethereal substance than an energy pickup.

Energy isn't exactly a solid object........I was purposely going for an ethereal look to suggest an orb that doesn't look like anything tangible.

22 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I'd pick the energy orbs up just get to get rid of the annoying things if that was what they looked like.

They'd be tiny little balls of light (Picture for an example).  Warframe has lots of flashing lights in it.  Why would another one annoy you?

zOwpbRI.jpg

48 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

They'd be tiny little balls of light (Picture for an example).  Warframe has lots of flashing lights in it.  Why would another one annoy you?

zOwpbRI.jpg

If you can now animate yours on there to better show what it'd look like, that'd be great. But make it a normal animation. The gif was too fast.