Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick Of The "stalker"?

credit2team

@Fammia

Ever try taking on a level 45 stalker with a level 5 frame and your weapons are level 5, 3, and 4?

Yeah...he's going to probably kill you with a single slash-dash while you can barely even scratch his shields.

I did. I was Frost. With a Boltor. I managed to stay on top of a building and hide in a repeated Snow Globe. I got a Dread out of it.

I think all my frames already have the perfume that attracts the stalker.  He keeps showing up and I am not even killing any bosses.  Must have been his girlfriend I met at the Tenno bar and Lounge. I usually just let him and the mobs fight it out, then I clean up whomever is left.

The new players that encounter the Stalker for the first time take him seriously, but after that, he becomes an opportunistic nuisance. There's no depth to him. I want him to be more power-based and have better AI. None of that high shields and strong weapons nonsense. Give him full boss treatment. Make the Grineer and Corpus work in synergy with him.

Make it possible to take him on while low leveled, but with great difficulty. Make him relatively difficult even when using heavily modded gear. Gram + Loki Invisibility. He stands there while I hack him to pieces.

Ever try taking on a level 45 stalker with a level 5 frame and your weapons are level 5, 3, and 4?

Don't be greedy. Don't level too many things at once?? When I level a new frame I damn sure bring my best primary and my best secondary. Just because my frame is level 1 this doesn't mean my guns can't be level 30. And when I level a new primary then I make sure that at least my secondary is at level 30 and fully modded. And vice versa. The Stalker has attacked me many times but most of the time I was able to beat him, even if I was in a new frame, thanks to having at least one weapon with me that could still hurt him, new frame or not.

Last few times Stalker came at me I one-shot killed him with my Strun Wraith, LOL

I don't think a Rogue Tenno trying to kill you would abide by the laws of a Tenno Restraining Order.

If it was forged in the signature of a boss or something, then yes.

Or maybe a badge that tells the stalker you are a grineer executive, and to leave you alone.

But I don't think it would suit the stalker.

What about this. Add an item that spawns a Stalker on your side if an enemy Stalker spawns, then that stalker aims for your teammate stalker instead of you. It should be called "Stalker Stalker". Both Stalker disappears after the enemy stalker is down.