Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine This As Mag Ult.

WingsOfGryphin

Press 4 to start casting Crush, just like it is now, BUT when Mag has both her hands up, then energy stars draining and she keeps channeling until 4 is pressed again. While channeling the Crush power increases and catches into ability every new enemy, that enters the Crush radius. 

This will waste more than 100 energy, but when enemies are coming in insane quantities one after another, you just keep this ability channeling until huge packs are caught and then destroy them all with increased power. Not as useful for single targets because the damage increase wont outrank gun damage, but nice feature for crowds. 

This also introduces the idea of having Toggle abilities :p

a nice idea, but it has a serious drawback, if you lag you keep loosing power with no way of stopping it, I can see the outcry of 'its useless, it burns all my power if I lag leaving me defenceless' unless they can code a cap on the max energy you can use in it before it popping auto

and there are a percentage of the community that just seem to look at everything and focus on the bad points of late without understanding that fixes take time

a nice idea, but it has a serious drawback, if you lag you keep loosing power with no way of stopping it, I can see the outcry of 'its useless, it burns all my power if I lag leaving me defenceless' unless they can code a cap on the max energy you can use in it before it popping auto

and there are a percentage of the community that just seem to look at everything and focus on the bad points of late without understanding that fixes take time

I haven't seen lags with abilities. Every ability can be launched just fine even when the connection is laggy, so stopping it wouldn't be a problem. 

That's because as of right now the only ability I can think of that requires manipulation after casting is drop... But still I like this. cap should be 200 energy not counting streamline (streamline should effect intial cast but not charge making resulting cast with Maxed streamline 170) maxed. Should add damage too. Rate could be like 15 seconds after cast to reach cap. So like 7 ish energy per second or so? But then where looking at bastile almost.... Food for thought hmmm

That's because as of right now the only ability I can think of that requires manipulation after casting is drop... But still I like this. cap should be 200 energy not counting streamline (streamline should effect intial cast but not charge making resulting cast with Maxed streamline 170) maxed. Should add damage too. Rate could be like 15 seconds after cast to reach cap. So like 7 ish energy per second or so? But then where looking at bastile almost.... Food for thought hmmm

I don't really want it to have a hard cap for how long you can channel, besides managing your own energy. But i predict the energy cost to increase with accelerated rate + based on how much enemies caught - one does not simply hold tons of enemies for long time. 

Yeah it does resemble Bastile with lethal consequences. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

That's an interesting idea that could make Crush a bit more useful. It's balanced against Bastille where it uses energy/sec and could have unlimited targets compared to the upcoming U10 Bastille.

Since Crush is "crush" it would be awesome if it gave a cracked armor debuff. I always imagined a can you can't crumple all the way in one go and it's left with dents and sometimes tears. This debuff reduces the armor of enemies that survive the crush and it stacks. It will be similar to Necro's armor debuff. Instead it will be radial opposed to line and the armor debuff could be higher per stack.