Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To This Game, Might Need Some Help

(NSW)Aeadith

Hi there!
I just started playing this game about 3 days ago via Steam. Already, I'm addicted to this space-fantasy MMO, but I'm having some problems. Now, this game being in the Open BETA stage, I know there's bound to be problems.

I'm struggling a little bit with the missions, the mobs are a bit hard to kill (especially the Sawmen) with my weak weapon. Is this meant to be in the beginning or am I doing something wrong?

Are there any builds depending on each Warframe?

Where do I get better weapons/gear for cheap?

What's this rank system I keep seeing? For some weapons, it's EXP locked saying I need rank 4, but I'm rank 0. How do I raise that?

How do I join a clan/group/guild?

How do you res? Or how do I res someone?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thanks for everything.

Edited by IanRevolio

Greetings and welcome to Warframe!

1. Nope, unfortunately, this game is not very newbie-friendly. I can help you out if I am free. What timezone are you in?

2. Yes, Warframes have powers that suit different roles, so they need different mods for them.

3. I might want to type out the answer, but I guess this thread answers all of your questions. Follow this link for a good guide:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80851-guide-getting-started-u9/

4. To increase your Mastery Rank, you need to level up your weapons and Warframes. It is that bar on your top left.

Edited by X3Evanescence

First of all, welcome.

As a newbie you will have some difficulty with the first few missions but you will learn quite fast. Just try to do it with other people (going solo on your first few runs isn't really what I would advise you to do). When you start modding your weapons it will begin to be easier. Glad you actually pointed this out, because a lot of "pros" don't understand that what they consider to be "easy" isn't that "easy" for new players. I had the same problem, don't feel bad.

There are no builds. Use what you want, use what you feel like it's the best weapon for you, just be yourself. Almost every weapon works. Same with Warframes. Ofc there are weapons and Warframes that right now are a bit worse than others but in general you can do well with pretty much all of them. But you can easily find the pros and cons of each weapon in the Warframe wiki. But if you need to have a build, then I would say, choose weapons that maximize your Warframe potential like Snipers for Banshee or a fast melee weapon for Ash due to their skill which go will with those weapons. Also, if you mod certain Warframes with some specific mods, you will amplify their abilities. You can catch some build on the Wiki or even here.

Weapons can be bought with plat. (cash) or bought through a blueprint on the market. Then you go to your foundry and you will have there the materials needed to craft the weapon you want. f you want to know where you can find the materials you need, you can go to the Warframe wiki or hover above the planets and it will show you what materials exist there.

Your rank, or better your Mastery Rank, it's like the accumulated experience you gain by leveling up Warframes and weapons. Many weapons are restricted by Mastery Rank like clan-exclusive weapons which are Rank 6 or 7. You will not recieve Mastery Rank by leveling the same weapon or Warframe again. Keep that in mind. Also, every time you rank up you will need to pass a Mastery Rank Test which will test you. They are fairly easy so don't worry.

You can look on the forums for the pages of the clans and they'll invite you (if they accept you). After being accepted in the clan you will recieve a Dojo Key which will enable you to enter the Clan Dojo (basically it's your clans base) where you can craft clan-exclusive weapons and enjoy the obstacle course and other things that the Dojo of your clan has to offer. But I wouldn't rush to join a clan, enjoy the game first and learn the basics.

Hope it helped.

Edited by J.C.Santos

Warframes depend on mods to be good. Some mods affect warframe A more than they affect warframe B. Most of the necessary warframe mods are quite rare. For now, focus on improving your abilities and defense.

Better gear is either bought with credits or crafted from blueprints. Blueprints are available for credits in the market. Once you purchase a blueprint, you must farm for the required materials and then wait an allotted time (usually 12 real life hours) for the gear to craft. New warframes take 3 days to craft. Initiating the crafting process of gear also costs credits (on top of the cost of buying the blueprint).

Rank is determined by gear. You get 3000 points for a weapon, and 6000 from a warframe. Some gear is mastery locked, with some of the best gear in the game currently being restricted to rank 7 (also requires a dojo).

There are recruitment forums on this site. Just leave your IGN and they should invite you. Check your contacts list in game to accept your invitation. Note: crafting a clan key costs materials.

Best resource ever: Warframe Wiki. All weapon and frame stats are datamined, so they are reliable.

Protip: Rhino is currently one of the best frames and is locked at rank 2 (last I checked). I would definitely recommend farming for him first if you're looking for a new warframe to use.

Warframes each have their own unique abilities. Some provide a defensive gameplay, while others provide a more offensive play style. Some are more agile than others, have more health, and are useful in different situations.

Your 'build' for any weapon, including your warframe, is based off mods. Mods are collected in game and provide boost to certain weapons in several different ways. Mods range from damage, elemental damage, ammo, firing rate, to warframe buffs and everything inbetween. There are hundreds of mods in the game. Upgrading (fusing mods together) mods is how you will eventually be able to take down enemies with ease. 

You'll be able to buy new weapons once you start to increase your mastery rank. Mastery rank is leveled up by leveling up your weapons (warframe, primary, secondary and melee). When your level up your weapons, your mastery rank experience goes up. Once the bar in the top left corner is full, click on it and take your first Mastery Test. Completing these tests will increase your mastery rank. The higher your mastery rank, the more weapons available to you.

Apart from mastery rank and buying weapons, you can also build weapons. Especially in the later missions, you'll start to get blueprints for weapons. Aside from missions, you can also buy blueprints from the market for ingame credits. Every world and moon has unique materials you collect on that specific planet. These different materials are collected and used as the parts to build blueprints. Building blueprints can sometimes be very time consuming, but is the best way to acquire weapons in later gameplay.

You can join a clan by going into the requirement chat ingame and asking around or by doing the same in the recruitment forums.

I suggest you play online with others. This way you'll advance through the game faster and won't have so much stress on yourself when you're running through a mission.

Almost any question you have can be answered on the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki'>Warframe Wiki

Edited by KingKeif

just have some one   help you farm nova, make it

and    preparre for ez mode.

dont believe me? i got 2 of my friends into warframe. Showed them  Nova and farmed it for them

they are like rank 3 in like 2 weeks and  are doing  end game stufff.

Greetings and welcome to Warframe!

1. Nope, unfortunately, this game is not very newbie-friendly. I can help you out if I am free. What timezone are you in?

2. Yes, Warframes have powers that suit different roles, so they need different mods for them.

3. I might want to type out the answer, but I guess this thread answers all of your questions. Follow this link for a good guide:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80851-guide-getting-started-u9/

4. To increase your Mastery Rank, you need to level up your weapons and Warframes. It is that bar on your top left.

Thanks for it, man. I've been reading your guide and all. I do welcome help and I'm in the Central Time Zone (USA) 

Hi there!

I just started playing this game about 3 days ago via Steam. Already, I'm addicted to this space-fantasy MMO, but I'm having some problems. Now, this game being in the Open BETA stage, I know there's bound to be problems.

I'm struggling a little bit with the missions, the mobs are a bit hard to kill (especially the Sawmen) with my weak weapon. Is this meant to be in the beginning or am I doing something wrong? search for mods mods will turn your weak weapon into something powerful in game they will look like blue capsule things

Are there any builds depending on each Warframe? yes

Where do I get better weapons/gear for cheap? build them or buy them

What's this rank system I keep seeing? For some weapons, it's EXP locked saying I need rank 4, but I'm rank 0. How do I raise that? simply do and complete missions and raise your warframe and weapon rank to increase your overall rank

How do I join a clan/group/guild? by asking them

How do you res? Or how do I res someone? you get 4 free res a day after those run out you need to have someone with you

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thanks for everything.  hope that helped

Send me a friend request in game. If I am on and available I will gladly help you out. I can run Trinity so that you can get healed. That should leave you available to do the killing and get a feel for the game versus having a higher level player laying waste to everything.

I've even got some Void keys we can use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm struggling a little bit with the missions, the mobs are a bit hard to kill (especially the Sawmen) with my weak weapon. Is this meant to be in the beginning or am I doing something wrong?

Are there any builds depending on each Warframe?

Where do I get better weapons/gear for cheap?

What's this rank system I keep seeing? For some weapons, it's EXP locked saying I need rank 4, but I'm rank 0. How do I raise that?

How do I join a clan/group/guild?

How do you res? Or how do I res someone?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thanks for everything.

dude hi welcome mate, i remember when i was in this position, but after 367 hours of gameplay this is what i have to say to you.

Are there any builds depending on each Warframe?-  yea there is but you need to farm mods, at your level you wont have all the 'good mods' but can still use the ones you have and put them to good use. i suggest putting a catalyst onto your first frame or not, make it to rnk to buy lvling your weapons, get to venus and reach the boss 'jackel' and just do him over and over till you can get rhino, he is one of the best frames at the moment in time

Where do I get better weapons/gear for cheap?- the gun you start with mk1-braton is $hit, i am sure you have noticed. by the time you finish mercury you should have around 25k use it and but 'braton' faster fire rate and more reliable. now the thing about this game is that farming materials is key, it might not be as cheap time wise, but it the cheapest money wise cause you dont have to use plat.

What's this rank system I keep seeing? For some weapons, it's EXP locked saying I need rank 4, but I'm rank 0. How do I raise that?- the more you level weapons and warframes you raise your affintiy bar, thats the bar at the top were your character name is, it will keep going up, when its capped you will rank up, every 2 or so ranks you will see it flash and you have to do a challenge to rank up.

How do I join a clan/group/guild?- you can goto the recruitment channel on the chat or find the clan pages in the forums here is my clan at teh moment you can check it out if you like https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/97422-recruitment-open-g%CA%80%CA%8F%E1%B4%98%CA%9C%E1%B4%9Cs-t%E1%B4%87%E1%B4%84%CA%9C-c%E1%B4%8F%CA%80%E1%B4%98%E1%B4%8F%CA%80%E1%B4%80%E1%B4%9B%C9%AA%E1%B4%8F%C9%B4-2100-m%E1%B4%87%E1%B4%8D%CA%99%E1%B4%87%CA%80s-3-arid-fear-event-e%E1%B4%A0/

kinda long, ik just hit dat link :)

yea but for anythin g else that i missed just check out this link bud

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80851-updated-98guide-getting-started/

well if you need help ingame just add me Z-Sync the name warfrmaes the game.

later dude

Edited by Z-Sync