Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Click Click Click-- Please Let Us Fire Semiautomatic Weapons By Holding The Mouse

Barnago

They wont be semiouto...

I still don't understand why that matters if Macros and the Mousewheel already allows us to bypass it anyways.

If they allow such methods to be used, then why not give us a simple toggle switch that does the same damn thing without all the hassle of having to re-bind crap, or make/use macros?

Same. Damn. Thing.

Then it will just be a full auto, this does not make sense. If you are too lazy to clickspam, try full auto guns.

What has this world come to?

RSI?

Worn-out Hardware?

I shouldn't be forced to use Throwing Knives (lol, those are considered full auto???), Vipers or Afuris simply because I don't want RSI in my right pointer finger or a worn-out mouse.

And I shouldn't have to be using 3rd party software or be forced to use the mousewheel (which I'd think would be awkward as all heck) to shoot my guns.

I mean, seriously now. You can hold the mouse button down and your character will throw knives until you're out... but yet you can't hold the mouse button down to have your character keep pulling the trigger as fast as the gun will allow? wtf?

Edited by Xylia

I fail to understand some people's hang-ups with implementing this in-game and then offering macros as a solution.

Also I've seen some hyperboles but the ones in this thead are the most ridiculous ones yet.

I don't understand it either.

"HURR HURR USE MACROS HURR HURRR!"

How many newbies know how to do this? Hek, I don't even know how to do that. The game supports macros? I didn't know that.

"BIND YOUR MOUSE WHEEL HURR HURRR"

.......what if I don't want my mouse wheel being the shoot button? I'd find that very awkward. And again, what if I don't want to wear out my mousewheel or my finger because I'd be constantly scrolling it?

And why are these two methods OK, but a Checkbox (that nobody is forced to click) is NOT OK?

All 3 methods do the same damn thing, but 1 of them is a lot more accessible.

What you guys dont understand is, the "warframe" is already doing all of the work.

I don't have to jump in my seat for him to jump, i don't have to slide for him to slide and i dont have endure pain when it dies.

So, to suggest that I cant just hold the moust button down while my "warframe" repeatedly pulls the trigger makes absolutely no sense at all.  There are very few weapons in this game with a slow enough fire rate (bows, snipers, some shotties) to not be subject to this.   I can burst fire any fully auto weapon and it should be vice versa.

now, if all of the semi auto weapons took a major fire rate reduction and got a damage buff I would gladly argue against them being fully automatic as at that point a lower fire rate presents a distinction in ACTUAL GAMEPLAY but at this point there is no logical  reason what so ever for a gremlin and a akbolto to function differently.

Warframe is an arcade game, not a sim like Arma.  It is an artificial gameplay restriction just as misguided as the armor scaling.  It sounds good on paper, but is completely illogical.

Edited by mogamu

How are throwing knives a fully automatic weapon?

This may sound like a tautology, but they are full auto because they are full auto. There is no real world correlation to the definition in games. By definition, they are full auto because they continue shooting when you hold down the shoot button. There's no more to it. If you're going to try to correlate it to real life some more, then you might have to explain why I'm clicking a mouse or pressing buttons on a gamepad to throw knives, or why I don't have to alternate hands or button presses when I'm throwing with my left and right hands. It's full auto because it's full auto in the game's implementation.

Also, if you ever tried, there's absolutely no way you can click as fast as holding down the button with the kunai/despair. I can click very very fast btw (old aklato used to be beastly since I can click super fast), but there's no way you can click repeatedly to shoot the kunai as fast as just holding down the button. No other semi-auto weapons in the game do this either. Because of this, I do not believe they were designed as a semi-auto weapon that also happens to have the special ability to allow the player to just hold down the button for usability. They're just full auto.

What problem is that exactly?

Have you not noticed the problem? When you are lagging at all, whether due to graphics or as a client connected to someone else, semi auto weapons shoot much slower than they normally should. I usually host (and have a fast computer), so I rarely run into the problem, but sometimes a friend hosts for the Void and it's clear. Even with a good ping between us of around 30, the Latron Prime slows down (more so if there are lots of enemies). The Strun Wraith, the Vasto/Dual Vastos, etc. If you haven't noticed it, either you have amazing connections to hosts that also never ever falter (or you solo), or you just aren't observant, but it's a common complaint on this forum and I've experienced it enough and consistently to know it's a real issue.

Have you not noticed the problem? When you are lagging at all, whether due to graphics or as a client connected to someone else, semi auto weapons shoot much slower than they normally should. I usually host (and have a fast computer), so I rarely run into the problem, but sometimes a friend hosts for the Void and it's clear. Even with a good ping between us of around 30, the Latron Prime slows down (more so if there are lots of enemies). The Strun Wraith, the Vasto/Dual Vastos, etc. If you haven't noticed it, either you have amazing connections to hosts that also never ever falter (or you solo), or you just aren't observant, but it's a common complaint on this forum and I've experienced it enough and consistently to know it's a real issue.

I've never noticed it. Not saying it isn't an issue, but it's not one I have come across. I used a Hek throughout most of the Survival Weekend Event and never noticed this issue.

I enjoy Warframe a lot, but not since Diablo has a game put so much stress on my hands and threatened to give me an RSI between the "finger acrobatics" involved in movement and the fact that there are so many "clicky" guns in the game.

What I mean specifically by "clicky" guns are weapons that require you to repeatedly hit mouse 1 in order to fire the weapon (semiautomatic guns). This is primarily a problem with sidearm pistols, but there are some longarm weapons like the Latron or Burston that also require a lot of clicking. The biggest culprits are of course the dual sidearms like the Aklato, Akbolto, Dual Vasto, or any other gun that has a high rate of fire on paper, but requires you to click like crazy to keep firing them at their maximum speed.

My feedback is pretty simple here-- these types of guns are really straining to use and I find myself less likely to use them because of how obnoxious it is to have to click so much.

My proposed solution is also very simple-- Allow an option for semiautomatic weapons to fire automatically at a reduced proportion of their maximum rate of fire by holding the mouse button.

This lets people who really want to spit out every bullet as fast as they can to continue to click their fingers off for maximum performance, while allowing people to use these weapons more casually and painlessly in exchange for a reduction in fire rate. The reduced fire rate makes it completely unambiguous that it is still most effective to manually fire semiautomatic guns, and as such they will retain their unique identity as principally semiautomatic weapons. Semiautomatic weapons become more accessible and friendly without making them any more (or less) powerful, and they still retain their current functionality for folks who have no problem with current implementation.

Get a freescroll mouse, bind primary fire to mouse scroll, problem solved.

This may sound like a tautology, but they are full auto because they are full auto. There is no real world correlation to the definition in games. By definition, they are full auto because they continue shooting when you hold down the shoot button. There's no more to it. If you're going to try to correlate it to real life some more, then you might have to explain why I'm clicking a mouse or pressing buttons on a gamepad to throw knives, or why I don't have to alternate hands or button presses when I'm throwing with my left and right hands. It's full auto because it's full auto in the game's implementation.

Also, if you ever tried, there's absolutely no way you can click as fast as holding down the button with the kunai/despair. I can click very very fast btw (old aklato used to be beastly since I can click super fast), but there's no way you can click repeatedly to shoot the kunai as fast as just holding down the button. No other semi-auto weapons in the game do this either. Because of this, I do not believe they were designed as a semi-auto weapon that also happens to have the special ability to allow the player to just hold down the button for usability. They're just full auto.

You are pretty much agreeing with me and reiterating what I already said in previous posts but with many more words.

If my Warframe can continue to throw knives while I hold the mouse button down, why can't my Warframe continue to pull the trigger while I hold my mouse button down if I so wish it?

And I can out-click a Kunai. Easily.

But with the way that Frames Per Second works, the Kunai WILL fire slower, but not becuase of me not clicking fast enough.

You can prove this by running Warframe in windowed mode. Download something like WhatPulse and have it set to "Always On Top".

Note your #of clicks and then fire off 10 kunais.

I'm willing to bet I'd click 15-20 times and get 10 kunais.

All because of that stupid Semi-Auto Fire Rate issue where framerate affects (negatively!) how fast you're allowed to fire a Semi Auto gun. They said they are going to fix it, though.

If a Semi Auto gun says it fires 3 shots a second... it probably only fires 1.5-2 no matter how fast you click the mouse. No Semi-Auto gun ever gets its true DPS because of this.

Instead of looking to fix this with an option toggle or macros... instead of argueing back and foward over the idea or design of semi-auto vs auto. Here is a suggestion.

Why not a mod? Just a simple mod you know like how some guns and real life can be modded to fire semi-auto to auto? The clickers can be happy knowing that they don't have to use a mod slot of it. And the non-clickers can fix the issue by sloting a mod.

Instead of looking to fix this with an option toggle or macros... instead of argueing back and foward over the idea or design of semi-auto vs auto. Here is a suggestion.

Why not a mod? Just a simple mod you know like how some guns and real life can be modded to fire semi-auto to auto? The clickers can be happy knowing that they don't have to use a mod slot of it. And the non-clickers can fix the issue by sloting a mod.

Whats the difference between that and adding an option in the menu?  So many logic bombs in this thread.

Whats the difference between that and adding an option in the menu?  So many logic bombs in this thread.

Well as it would be a mod that would be you are now paying for the ablity to have full auto on a semi auto weapon with a mod slot.

As a balance since people that are pro clicking see the need to click as the current banlance over auto fire.

But it just a suggestion no reason to suggest my logic is some how bombed.

I don't understand why the "clickers" really have anyting to say in this at all.

If they don't want the feature, they don't have to turn it on. End Of Story.

Once DE fixes the Framerate Semi Auto issue, they won't have any farking excuse to argue against allowing us to hold the mouse button down. "ZOMG IT ISN'T AUTO FIRE!!" doesn't work when they aren't being forced to turn the thing on.

And I still fail to see the difference between giving us a "Hold mouse button to continuously fire" and "bind fire to mousewheel".

THEY DO THE SAME DAMN THING.

So, rather than force us to re-bind our keys, why not just allow us to put a checkmark in a box that says "Continuously Fire Semi-Auto Weapons while holding mouse button down"?