Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenges And Affinity Orbs Need A Tweak.

Xylia

So basically...

Once you get all of your Warframes to Level 30.. Challenges and Affinity orbs are basically a waste of time.

They only give XP to your Warframe and there are no other rewards gotten from them, so there's no reason to pay attention, or even care about their existence.

They really could use a buff.

Suggestions:

1). Make the XP apply to weapons and Warframes both, so that you would continue to care about it even after you get all Warframes to 30

2). Make them give something other than XP, perhaps credits at the end of the mission. Or maybe Affinity Orbs increase resource drops for a short time, or maybe increase chances of obtaining a mod off of your next kill.

3). Maybe challenges could earn you a special mod reward at the end of the mission (The Lotus gives you a small gift for outstanding performance) instead of giving XP. If you meet a challenge, you gain a mod from a pool of simple but very useful mods. Also, certain challenges should not appear in certain types of levels (Hacker in Defense/Survival/Void, for example).

2). Make them give something other than XP, perhaps credits at the end of the mission. Or maybe Affinity Orbs increase resource drops for a short time, or maybe increase chances of obtaining a mod off of your next kill.

I don't want a PARAGON SYSTEM (diablo 3) in Warframe...

All around good ideas, Credits in the 500-1000 range as reward for completing your objective would be neat. or the affinity orbs giving 100% equally to your warframe and weapons would be good too, i mean 100 is less then 2 kills so, it's not all that much anyway.. The greater odds of drops would be better though I don't see that being as viable as maybe making them worth 50-100 credits. Only because increasing drop rates is kinda a "global" effect rather then a personal pickup so if you have a team of 4 then there's 4x a greater chance to drop something that all 4 can pickup from each other. Maybe it can give you in particular a random amount of credits or a random material? So that way you might score a random control mod (if you're in the proper planetary system) of course it's drop chance would be the same as it is, just affinity has that chance of giving it to you? there's a few options really.... but all and all you have some very good ideas :D

+1

Edited by KittyDarkling

I don't want a PARAGON SYSTEM (diablo 3) in Warframe...

Errr?

In Diablo 3, Paragon is when you reach max level and continue to gain "special levels" thereafter.

That's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for a flat buff to resource/mod drops after you pick up an affinity orb.

Break chest, orb pops out, collect orb, get 30 second buff that makes the next kill have a higher chance of dropping something (effect wears off when you kill said thing). I don't see the big bad thing about that?

Edited by Xylia