The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphical Glitches (with pic), terrible frame rate

Horned_Fox

https://imgur.com/a/lxXpSaO

was in a solo instance, very first mission related to Orb Vallis.

I normally push 60 in the rest of the game and around 40 ish in the plains (on a good day), getting16 is definitely not an issue on my end though. Changing certain setting made the graphical bugs worse, I dont think Lighting was working correctly either, and I have most lighting settings on.

i7

760M

12gb ram

I have a similar issue but may be unrelated or a separate bug. I spawn but there is a bug with the loading of the ground textures they sometimes do not load properly and  I have flat black squares in the middle of my screen instead of any ground texture and the textures popping in and out causes a big performance hit to my game. I'm running on integrated graphics but I can run all other game modes fine including the plains so this seems specific to vallis. One time the ground textures failed to load entirely so I saw grass and trees floating, square boxes of water etc but my performance was much improved. I was getting single digit fps but I put everything on low, lowest resolution and I can get at best 30 fps but still get performance spikes every time the game has to load in the ground texture. 

I've noticed the same bug. All other areas of the game run perfectly except for Vallis. Initially runs well enough that I can play with the exception of frame drops to near 20 fps in intensive combat. Eventually (time varies, but is within 45 minutes), the game freezes for about 5-8 seconds before coming back. Once this happens, all ground textures vanish completely.

I'm running with an i5, 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX 760 with the latest drivers, so it's not the best computer out there, but still decent enough that the rest of the game runs perfectly on high settings.

Supposedly turning off Anisotropic Filtering completely will help the framerate. From my testing, it seems like it's fixed the texture bug, but the framerate didn't really change that much. So, maybe give that a shot if you haven't already?

I fixed this by re enabling the direct X functions in the launcher. My game no longer loads textures wrong but I still get some performance hiccups moving around the map. Also I got a few crashes where my screen froze but I could still hear the gameplay in the background and the sounds of running, shooting, opening menus etc. So if you don't have Direct X support enabled try that. I initially had it undone cause ironically direct x was causing other problems in other game modes but I will take what I can get now. 

• 2 weeks later...