Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Resolution still broken in Fortuna

Jarriaga

The dynamic resolution setting is still broken for me. It has been broken since March irrespective of cache optimizations or updates. It's now painfully standing out like a sore thumb after my FPS dropped from 60 to the mid 20's until I manually adjusted my resolution.

Gee. Kinda makes me feel like I'm the only one going through this or the only one using the automatic dynamic resolution feature at this time. There are some past threads reporting the same problem though:

I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 with a Core i7-4790K @4600, GTX 1070 and 16GB RAM. I play at 3840x2160 and get stable 60 FPS with most settings maxed-out almost everywhere but earth, the plains/Cetus, and Fortuna.

Edited by Jarriaga

***UPDATE***

After playing a bit with the settings I can confirm the problem is limited to fullscreen mode. If I set the game to borderless window I can definitely see the automatic dynamic resolution setting kicking in; it's quite visually noticeable and my frames remain locked at 60 (Also using in-game FPS counter and Rivaturner).

I tried several combinations with or without VSYNC, anisotropic filtering, and anti-aliasing methods. The only setting that disables automatic dynamic resolution is fullscreen. I don't know if this is the expected behavior.

• 1 month later...

Last night I got this issue, screen would continually change resolution after 2 minutes of entering Fortuna, needless to say that I have the dynamic resolution off in my configurations. I also play on windowed mode, not fullscreen or windowed borderless

Edited by Indinera