Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invisible Auto-Fail Timer on Survival?

Jett_The_Badger

(1st para is about the timer. Rest are passionate ramblings.)

My friend encountered a disconnection from our squad the other day. He was able to eventually join back in but, unfortunately, the life support ran out and I needed to survive with 5 health, which I was able to do until he joined back into the squad. However, the real frustration was the fact that, as my friend was loading into the mission, the mission automatically failed with zero indication as to why. I'm guessing that there is an invisible timer after life support runs out, but that alone would've sent me into a big burnout based on the zero warning of indication as to why, had Fortuna not been released a couple of days later. We need a lot more transparency about things like this, because my friend and I probably aren't the only ones who've experienced this.

-------------------------------------------------------

The workshop post about the Rivens is a great example. It's a lot better that they actually told us about the changes to Rivens that they were implementing because we have warning and knowing that they're intentional and why the changes are coming, even if it was apparently due to a slip-up of Steve mentioning it in his stream. If DE are afraid of backlash for their changes, they should either just warn/tell us about them or not change them at all instead of doing things under-the-radar and getting us to discover these things ourselves, which causes a lot more frustration than if we're at least warned.

I overall love DE and Warframe and want both to be as amazing as possible, including DE sticking up for their decisions to change things in the game and maybe even working -with- the community instead of slipping things in without a word of it as if they're trying to avoid any inevitable-anyway backlash from any complainers. Please stay strong and transparent with us, DE, because we all lift together!

Edited by Jett_The_Badger
Typo

Yeah, that's Normal

don't ever let the life support run out on Survival, running out is mission failure

but they don't kill you instantly, that 5hp is a grace period to save the mission rewards by reaching extraction.

sounds like you used up that period waiting for that disconnected guy

lets put it this way, you're bugging up over confusion over how that grace period works. but honestly you had already failed that mission by letting the life support even get to that point.

perhaps you would prefer they simply sent you directly to the fail screen once the life support hit zero, so things are more clear cut?

It being a grace period makes sense for sure. Although, in that case, it'd probably be best if there was a timer during that grace period to signify how much time there is to get to extraction instead of no mention/indication as to when it would fail.

Getting rid of the grace period would probably cause a lot of problems for multiple players as it's sometimes easy to lose track during a long survival, for example, even with the Lotus' 20% alerts as some phase the Lotus out eventually due to the frequency of her messages in-mission.

I assumed that the extent of the failure was dependent on the fact that the player was constantly set to 5HP as there wasn't any indication of further failure conditions. Your point is very good, though! 🙂