The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fortuna Open World Crashes Randomly

Doomdog19

Hello,

My sister directed me here to post about this.

When I'm entering Fortuna, the game is randomly crashing on its own. I've tried both calm and crowded instances and neither have resolved the issue. When I enter Fortuna, not the open world, on a crowded instance, it's really choppy and hangy; however, if I enter a Calm instance of it, it's fairly smooth, 30 - 33 fps. That's normal to me, I'm used to frames like that.

Once I enter the Open World, Venus I think is what it's called? The game runs smooth for 5 seconds and then every 10 - 15 seconds, it hangs for 5 - 40 seconds. I'll let it sit there and try to recover and it does so 2 or 3 times and then crashes. Crash as in, the client closes itself, no error code, and opens This webpage on its own.

If it helps any little bit, I'm using the Standalone Launcher from the Website. I don't like Steam and have been using the Standalone Launcher for 4+ years. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by Doomdog19

Update: I tried to do a Verify Cache through the launcher and upon doing so, I get an error and it says it's going to retry the update. It never gets another update going and it causes my OS to hang. I had to use Task Manager to kill it.

Make things more strange, I can't even get past the launcher because it keeps trying to Verify the cache, putting me in this endless loop.

I'll try to reinstall it tomorrow but didn't have these issues till this patch released today.

Update: After reinstalling the game, I kept my Task Manager open to see the performance. Well, when the game hangs, my disk is at 100% usage. This is after the hotfix that was done. Along with this, since the patch and the 100% disk usage, it has nearly crashed my Hard Drive 3 times now. I've received 2 BSODs and upon restarting my PC, I'll get a "No bootable OS found".

I'm already ordering a new HDD in the event that this one fails but this never happened until after the Warframe update.