Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Bow

Buttsecks

I don't see why this has to be a "trend" sort of thing, bows are fun :P more importantly lots of people want it apparently. Personally I don't like hammers, but I don't mind the fact that they added Fragor to the game, I just use other stuff instead. Just saying.

Edited by CapricaSix

Regular Bow attacks should pin to walls...BUT give bows the ability to charge attacks (hold LMB) for big damage that gain puncture or possibly fire multiple projectiles at once....or both(dream big!). Then we'd have a weapon that obeys the Rule of Cool.

Also Space Ninja needs Space Bow.

Regular Bow attacks should pin to walls...BUT give bows the ability to charge attacks (hold LMB) for big damage that gain puncture or possibly fire multiple projectiles at once....or both(dream big!). Then we'd have a weapon that obeys the Rule of Cool.

Meh. Not sure I actually WANT it to stick people to walls. We already have 3 (well, 2 and a half) weapons that do that already.

If anything, I'd like the bow to be a "silently take out individual enemies one by one", launching people 200 yards doesn't fit that very well. MAYBE with charged attacks (let's be honest, it MUST have a charge attack).

BOWS DO NOT HAVE A CHARGE!! IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! just have your character run around with an arrow ready on the string that you can let loose in half a second(not drawn back, just ready to be). If you add a bow, do not make it a compound bow. they are sissy baby weapons. just model it after a modern hunting\olimpic style recurve bow.

It needs to have a semi-fast fire and high damage. just have special arrows that you can buy bundles of as gear from the shop.

have explosive ones that do super-high damage to a single target.

fragmentation ones that you fire into groups of enemys that deal area damage (has to be seperat from the explosive ones)

if you insist on having a multi-shot, make a splitting arrow, dont fire two at once. that doesnt work.

and also space pirates is awsome idea.

BOWS DO NOT HAVE A CHARGE!! IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! just have your character run around with an arrow ready on the string that you can let loose in half a second(not drawn back, just ready to be). If you add a bow, do not make it a compound bow. they are sissy baby weapons. just model it after a modern hunting\olimpic style recurve bow.

Why not? We're talking about a futuristic bow, not a medieval one with wooden arrows carbon fibre arrows :/

You pull the bowstring light and rapidly and deal less damage {

}, and you pull it really hard for a super fast and high damage charged attack {
}. I don't know anything about archery but even if it's not very realistic, it's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Plasma swords aren't realistic either.

On another note, recurve bow sounds good.

Edited by CapricaSix

the first video had a recurve bow.

the second video had a tiny asian girl with a weaker bow who was just trying to be realy accurat and meditating or something. i dont have an explanation as to why she was taking all damn day to fire one shot.

the draw time is irrelevent and only effects accuracy, not power or speed. thats all in the bow.

recurve bows can have the most power and shortest length out of classic bows.

compound bows can have faster arrows but cant be loaded and fired fast.

and plasma swords are perfectly feasible.

oh and also most people use carbon fiber arrows.

Edited by Archer777

i dont have an explanation as to why she was taking all damn day to fire one shot.

the draw time is irrelevent and only effects accuracy, not power or speed.

So let's assume/pretend that if you charge an attack, you'll be making a very "accurate" shot, thus dealing more damage than the rapid one rather than pulling the string more and doing more damage much like in Skyrim. How about that? :P

ok how about the quick shot is a fire from the hip type thing were you dont pull it back all the way or bring it up to your face so its not as accurate or powerfull. then when you aim you bring the bow up to aim and pull it back all the way so its more powerfull.

ok how about the quick shot is a fire from the hip type thing were you dont pull it back all the way or bring it up to your face so its not as accurate or powerfull. then when you aim you bring the bow up to aim and pull it back all the way so its more powerfull.

Sounds good, how do you hip-fire with a bow though?

Sounds good, how do you hip-fire with a bow though?

You don't really, whether it be a compound bow or crossbow require at least a second to set up. The time it takes for this could be lessened, but I think that would be a bow weapon/classes weakness is that you will be more of a stationary shooter.

You don't really, whether it be a compound bow or crossbow require at least a second to set up. The time it takes for this could be lessened, but I think that would be a bow weapon/classes weakness is that you will be more of a stationary shooter.

I'd rather be able to rapid-fire while jogging around if it's going to be low damage, kind of like in the first video I posted. Charged attack could be stationary, just like a fragor/scindo charge.

you hip-fire a bow by holding it at an almost horizontal angle at about chest level, and pull the string back to your chest, instead of holding it vertical in front of your face and pulling it back to your cheek. you cant do it with a compound bow cause it has a fixed draw length.

and the speed that you can fire a bow depends on the arrow rest. compound bows can't be fired fast cause they have rests that you have to set the arrow into instead of it being able to catch the arrow like on classic bows.

and arrows can travel at a speed of over 200 feet per second for a bow with about a 50 lb draw weight. when bows were used in warfare they had 100+ draw weights.