The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe screen freezes but game keeps going

Warzone151097

So i know that this bug or what you want to call it exist a LONG time....

Now its starting againe with Fortuna !

GPU Particel are disabled that solved most of the crashes like this.

It happens after a random amount of time at the Fortuna planes in the first mission.

Even before Fortuna it crashed like this before while fighting a Eidalon.....

Someone know a fix for this ?

Specs:

System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

32 GB RAM DDR4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Resolution : 2560 x 1440 Native with G-sync + 2. Monitor same Resolution

I've been getting this too once again. Are you overclocking your cpu or gpu? I've been suspecting that warframe doesn't agree with it somehow, other than that from what I've seen, turning Physx off and selecting ONLY directx10 in the launcher is supposed to fix this. Will try and give an update.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Relaxel:

I've been getting this too once again. Are you overclocking your cpu or gpu? I've been suspecting that warframe doesn't agree with it somehow, other than that from what I've seen, turning Physx off and selecting ONLY directx10 in the launcher is supposed to fix this. Will try and give an update.

Yes, this seems to have fixed it for me. Of course, physx is not an option in the game menu anymore, however selecting only directx10 in the launcher seems to have done it. Played for at least an hour without having it freeze.

DirectX 10 and 11 are both greyed out in the launcher for me, and unselectable (both are blank). Any other suggestions? I'm getting sick of having to bail on perfectly nice groups because I've just randomly gone blind.

ETA: Okay, this is getting ridiculous and not a little annoying. The freeze used to happen maybe every few hours. Now I'm lucky if I can get through a single mission. Wth is going on?

Edited by Fallowsthorn

so i had to disable both directx10 and 11 to get it to work.... i have only played the Quest on Fortuna so i dont know how it playes out later.

if it crashes againe im gonna post it here....

• 4 weeks later...

I've been getting the same issue, screen freezes mid mission but the game is still going on.  For me though, it's not just in Orb Vallis and Fortuna, but in other random missions as well.  It happened for example in a Derelict Defense mission I was in the other day. 

Here's a little clip of video. 

One other thing I have noticed is that in just about every post I've seen with this issue where someone mentions their specs, they're running a relatively new Nvidia card.  I just got a 1050ti for example.  I was running a 650, which didn't seem to have this issue.  

Edited by xoagray
Disabling DirectX 11 seemed to work for me.