Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quartz, The Mineral Warframe

KronikPlague

I present to you Quartz, The Mineral Warframe, drawing from the abundance of natural quartz from an ancient era on Earth.

Only the clearest of mind's can pierce through the veil that hides the truth.

This warframe, Channels his energy color, into the embedded Super silica Quartz, to create various effects,.(Based off of Energy Color)

"Clear quartz is highly prized for its ability to clear the mind of negativity to enhance higher spiritual receptiveness. It is considered the master of all healing crystals due to its ability to magnify or amplify healing vibrations of other crystals. "

A true empath/precog/energy manipulator and healer.

3Bt6ZeI.jpg

Gnoo77b.jpg

charging the spear kinda animates like this I would hope.

Thanks a ton too @DarkRepulser205 for creating the abilities to go with the theme, This guy has some great concepts , check them out!!

Passive: Crystalline: Status Procs last only 50% their original duration. Can change between Rose quartz, Prasiolite quartz (Green Quartz), Blue Quartz, Amethyst quartz,  
Stats at max Rank:

Health: 225
Shield: 175
Armor: 80
Energy: 285
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Ability 1 Crystal River: Crystals flow forward from you passively, attaching themselves to allies and damaging enemies.

Ability 2 Crystal Lance:  Fire forward a small crystal spearhead that, upon impact, will sprout spikes inside the part of the enemies' body it enters.
- Enemies will bleed profusely, with a slash proc with three times the tick rate of a regular slash proc and 2 more seconds of duration than normal
- An extra proc determined by the color of her crystals at the time. Green= Corrosive, Blue= Freeze, Rose= Blast, Purple= Electricity (Damage: 400)
- If used while Empowering Insight is active, Hold two of the spheres in your hands and fire their energy forward as a beam of light from each hand. (Damage 650 per beam)

Ability 3 Empowering Insight: Create 5 spheres of Quartz that float in a circle of Quartz's back. Press and hold to have them all fire beams at one spot in front of her, focusing and combining them, then shoot it forward as a thick ray of energy.
- Press to conjure rings of energy around the heads of enemies. These enemies are put into a euphoric state and become docile for a while, seeing the world through rose tinted glasses.

Ability 4 Chakra Prism: A triangular prism that is thrown to the ground. Any enemies that get too close, will have their life drained and stored in that prism. When allies get in range, they are given the stolen life force, increasing their hp as much as possible before the life force in the prism runs out.
- Charge to increase the size of the prism and how much life it can hold.
- Up to 3 may be active at the same time. Steals hp by percentage of total hp and heals by percentage of total hp as well
- If Crystal Lance is used on the prism, The prism will become larger, being able to absorb 35% more life force before filling up completely, as well as spiky which will make it, in addition to the lifesteal, also proc those that get too close to it based on the type of quartz at the time. Refer to Ability 2 for the quartz type and the proc that goes with it.

Edited by KronikPlague

These crystals look so AWESOME! I got a few ideas for this Warframe. 

Passive: Crystalline: Status Procs last only 50% their original duration. Can change between Rose quartz, Prasiolite quartz (Green Quartz), Blue Quartz, Amethyst quartz,  
Stats at max Rank:

Ability 1 Recrystallize: Switch between 5 different kinds of Quartz crystals by cycling.

Ability 2 Crystal Lance:  Fire forward a small crystal spearhead that, upon impact, will sprout spikes inside the part of the enemies' body it enters.
- Enemies will bleed profusely, with a slash proc with three times the tick rate of a regular slash proc and 2 more seconds of duration than normal
- An extra proc determined by the color of her crystals at the time. Green= Corrosive, Blue= Freeze, Rose= Blast, Purple= Electricity (Damage: 400)
- If used while Empowering Insight is active, Hold two of the spheres in your hands and fire their energy forward as a beam of light from each hand. (Damage 650 per beam)

Ability 3 Empowering Insight: Create 5 spheres of Quartz that float in a circle of Quartz's back. Press and hold to have them all fire beams at one spot in front of her, focusing and combining them, then shoot it forward as a thick ray of energy.
- Press to conjure rings of energy around the heads of enemies. These enemies are put into a euphoric state and become docile for a while, seeing the world through rose tinted glasses.

Ability 4 Chakra Prism: A triangular prism that is thrown to the ground. Any enemies that get too close, will have their life drained and stored in that prism. When allies get in range, they are given the stolen life force, increasing their hp as much as possible before the life force in the prism runs out.
- Up to 3 may be active at the same time. Steals hp by percentage of total hp and heals by percentage of total hp as well
- If Crystal Lance is used on the prism, The prism will become larger, being able to absorb 35% more life force before filling up completely, as well as spiky which will make it, in addition to the lifesteal, also proc those that get too close to it based on the type of quartz at the time. Refer to Ability 2 for the quartz type and the proc that goes with it.

Let me know what you think of these abilities. Critique is welcome and will be seriously considered.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

These crystals look so AWESOME! I got a few ideas for this Warframe. 

Passive: Crystalline: Status Procs last only 50% their original duration. Can change between Rose quartz, Prasiolite quartz (Green Quartz), Blue Quartz, Amethyst quartz,  
Stats at max Rank:

Ability 1 Recrystallize: Switch between 5 different kinds of Quartz crystals by cycling.

Ability 3 Empowering Insight: Create 5 spheres of Quartz that float in a circle of Quartz's back. Press and hold to have them all fire beams at one spot in front of her, focusing and combining them, then shoot it forward as a thick ray of energy.

Let me know what you think of these abilities. Critique is welcome and will be seriously considered.

How did you come up with this so fast? You're like next level. This is sooo perfect, will update the original post now! Thanks for the help with this its amazing!

The abilities match so perfectly the theme of quartz like sooooo siiiiiick! This has got to be done!! DE!! PLEASE this is the next support frame!! XD

Edited by KronikPlague

Review time;

passive; good and fits the theme.

1st; i know this may sound harsh, but this is a bad ability, why? because it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING it only changes your color. My idea would be to have this give special affects to yourself and allies within range. tap to cycle, hold to cast. Rose; provide a health regen buff that heals at 4 hp/sec, Green; provide status immunity, Blue; when allies loose shields they will instantly replenish by half the total amount (i.e. weak shield gating), Purple; provide 100 overshields, Clear/White; provides every buff but at 1/4 of their effectiveness (1hp/sec regen, 25% chance to ignore a status effect, replenish only 12.5% of max shields, provide 25 overshields). All buffs last 15s; recastable, CAN ONLY HAVE ONE BUFF AT ANY ONE TIME. All values of buffs are effected by strength mods, duration affected by duration mods.

Another reason for this was that it's suppose to be a healer but only it's 4th heals.

2nd; i really want to change it so that green is toxin and rose is fire but i feel it would step on Chroma's toes so i'll leave them be.

3rd; if you want you can make the laser a channelled ability; keep holding to continuously fire the laser but drain energy.

4th; Like garuda's blood altar but better; which is a good thing.

Overall, a decent concept with a little bit of tweaking.

Also, good job with the art work, but i will say just make the different colors for the quartz be tints that act on the color the player chooses so you don't restrict fashion frame.

3 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Review time;

1st; i know this may sound harsh, but this is a bad ability, why? because it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING it only changes your color. My idea would be to have this give special affects to yourself and allies within range. tap to cycle, hold to cast. Rose; provide a health regen buff that heals at 4 hp/sec, Green; provide status immunity, Blue; when allies loose shields they will instantly replenish by half the total amount (i.e. weak shield gating), Purple; provide 100 overshields, Clear/White; provides every buff but at 1/4 of their effectiveness (1hp/sec regen, 25% chance to ignore a status effect, replenish only 12.5% of max shields, provide 25 overshields). All buffs last 15s; recastable, CAN ONLY HAVE ONE BUFF AT ANY ONE TIME. All values of buffs are effected by strength mods, duration affected by duration mods.

Another reason for this was that it's suppose to be a healer but only it's 4th heals.

2nd; i really want to change it so that green is toxin and rose is fire but i feel it would step on Chroma's toes so i'll leave them be.

3rd; if you want you can make the laser a channelled ability; keep holding to continuously fire the laser but drain energy.

Also, good job with the art work, but i will say just make the different colors for the quartz be tints that act on the color the player chooses so you don't restrict fashion frame.

for sure 100% the crystals would correspond to the selected energy color of the player, the different color models, represent this.

11 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Review time;

Yeah... the first actually is kinda bad. I mean i already had so much going on with the other abilities i figured that the first could be left out of the cold a little bit. Your concept is actually better for the first, so we''' use that. The laser can be a channeled abiilty, no problem!

• 3 weeks later...