Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Archwing and Sky Archwing issue

.Genix.

"Sky Archwing sprinting now more closely resembles normal Archwing. "

This in and of itself is an issue, before the change my Odonata Prime was moving at 53 meters per second (moving forward with shift and space held down), it is now moving at 30 meters per second, 21 m/s without spacebar and itzal moves at 36 m/s (26 without boost) while k-drive is 18 m/s. This is all very annoying when trying to traverse a rather large area and I hope this was a mistake and not a purposeful nerf to make k-drive more appealing in terms of speed, to top it off when you hold shift and space you go nowhere, it looks very fast but you do not move at all.

Changing something that does not function in the same terms of distance/range/speed to act more like the other does not work. Whoever made the change seems to have forgotten that space archwing is more than 10x the distance/range etc that skywing is. My Itzal while in space has a range of 224 meters on cosmic crush compared to the 22 meters it has in free roam areas and in space Itzal moves at 80 meters per second and almost 200 m/s with boost.

Please revert the changes, I want to traverse the free roam areas at the previous speeds when I need to. I should not be forced to use itzal and blink spam my way across the map because the next objective is 1400 meters away.

Edited by .Genix.

Revert the change, please. It now takes a long time going anywhere and the view angle limit does not make any sense. No loops, no barrel rolls. I also hope it was an oversight and not a design choice to push people towards Kdrives. You don't make something more appealing by making everything else less fun.

Edited by lukaself

NO NO NO... the forced sprint and roll is complete garbage for control. I HATE HATE HATE the archwing controls that force you to move even when you arent putting forward input it's completely ridiculous. What will push people to k-drive is what YOU are asking for... everyone hates archwing because the controls are garbage when in sprint mode. 

Sprint archwing SHOULD control like non sprint archwing... just faster.

Edited by moodster

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, .Genix. said:

The speed of archwing since the "fix" is still 30% slower, not even hyperion thrusters can get me back to what previous speeds were.

I timed it and it was just as before for me. They reverted the skywing flight changes completely.

Did you time it or do you just "feel" it's slower. Happens quite often to me.

Edit : Dammit, you're right! I just timed it again and it looks like Archwing got indeed slower again with the latest update, as slow as it was when they changed the skywing flight model to non 3D. *tired sigh* Someone else pester the devs about it please... Between this and my kubrows looking like hay brooms, I give up.

Edited by lukaself

23 hours ago, lukaself said:

I timed it and it was just as before for me. They reverted the skywing flight changes completely.

Did you time it or do you just "feel" it's slower. Happens quite often to me.

Edit : Dammit, you're right! I just timed it again and it looks like Archwing got indeed slower again with the latest update, as slow as it was when they changed the skywing flight model to non 3D. *tired sigh* Someone else pester the devs about it please... Between this and my kubrows looking like hay brooms, I give up.

Indeed, the speed of itzal at full boost without hyperion thrusters should be 63 meters per second (50m/s currently) and the speed of odonata prime should be 53m/s. Itzal can get up to 62m/s currently with the mod on when it should be able to get up to 80m/s, the fastest archwing shouldnt be slowed down to slower than other archwings used to be but we can only hope DE eventually gets to this, that is if this is not intended.

• 1 month later...