Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Congratulations Tenno

zombaio

We officially have a new Mag and a new Volt!

You know what i am talking about - the lame dude and the useless chick. Except they are now called Vauban and Ember.

After some extensive hours of testing both on high level defense (including Void) and normal levelsi have the following to say:

Vauban:

This guy just became from one of the best, one of the extremely "meh...".

Quick comparison with 2 other frames considered "hight teir" - Nyx and Frost. Both Chaos and Globe abilities affect unlimited number of enemies. Chaos is effective towards every faction and not only renders the affected harmless to the teno and the pod for huge amounts of time, but deals variable amounts of damage. Snow Globe is effective against both Corpus and Grineer and it renders the pod completely invulnerable to enemy fire. yet none of those is or ever has been considered OP.

Bastille is very effective only against one faction comapared to the upper mentioned - the silly space zombies. Bastille was the sole reason for Vauban to be considered viable and wanted part of the team. And yes we can play without it (since it doesnt really exist anymore on high level play, but just like Volt before, we can only rely on our gear and... well none of our abilities. (tesla and bounce do nothing against anything after lvl 20 and Vortex's effectiveness is... questionable to say the least.

And all of this after you guys specifically promised us you will not nerf Vauban (and Nova) but rather would bring the other frames that were lacking up to par. Wich is quite easy to explane since breaking one well working and perfectly ballanced warframe is much easier way of putting them all on one level than working on the other dozen that lack.

Ember:

Aster introducing you to the new Volt i would like you to meet new Mag.

Yes, Ember is that bad now. As a relatevely slow/squishy frame for one that is supposed to get close and personal with the enemy as her abilities suggest. She had one power that was actually any good - Overheat. Since all her damege powers were completely unable to deal almost any damage, she at lest had some way to protect herself for very limited amount of time.

May i remind you Overheat was lightyears away from the effectiveness of Ironskin since it didn't granted us invulnerability to knockdown or to stun and still allowed us to get killed very easily. And therefore i believe i was not the only one who expected changes in this direction making it at lest a decent defense power, since it goes for such short time. So again you've done excatly the opposite of what made any sense and have rendered another frame bad. The damage dealer that doesn't deal damage now also has no defence.

All of this is of course a stricly personal opinion and coms from my experieance. That doesn't make any of true or a viable position. So before the two types of angry children:

- The ones that never had Vauban and are pissed for that reason.

- Tha ones that never had Vauban, but are at least smart enough to lie and scream "I have him and even i think he had to be nerfed"

start to curse at me, as the internet requires, have thet in mind. It's one guys opinion and mainly goes for high levels (no level 70 is not concidered high).

Vauban is still good and viable in high level defense. If you think Bastille is only effective against Infested, I feel sorry for you. I put Frost out of work in Kiste with my Vauban. Also with Vortex stops affecting players, you can easily raise some hell with it.

For Ember I can't say coz I havent tried yet.

Don't feel sorry for me mate. Just respect the different opinion. Plus i never said Bastille is ONLY effective agains infested. I said VERY effective only agains them - meaning cosiderably less effective agains the others since they don't tend to melee that much. Not useless. Read before you answer. Maybe our concepts of high level are not the same. I was walking about stuff past level 130-140 where they swarm you like angry heavily armoured bees :D

Edited by zombaio

i think i forma'd my vauban 6 times, now i switch back to my first farmed frame - mag.

he has nothing to do anymore, cant stand against enemy fire - and now not even against infested.

if bastille got a nerf and vortex a massive needed buff...that would be fine for me

And all of this after you guys specifically promised us you will not nerf Vauban (and Nova) but rather would bring the other frames that were lacking up to par. Wich is quite easy to explane since breaking one well working and perfectly ballanced warframe is much easier way of putting them all on one level than working on the other dozen that lack.

I'm not sure how making an entire faction indefinitely worthless is somehow "perfectly balanced". I actually can't think of anything that would be more imbalanced than a literal "IWIN" button.

And all of this after you guys specifically promised us you will not nerf Vauban (and Nova) but rather would bring the other frames that were lacking up to par. Wich is quite easy to explane since breaking one well working and perfectly ballanced warframe is much easier way of putting them all on one level than working on the other dozen that lack.

And IMHO by that promise, they bitten more that they can chew. I am glad they realized it... or maybe not.. ***remembers that Necro has terror totem***..

Edited by rksk16it

You lost me when you said Vauban is as bad as Volt.

Tesla is extremely useful on enemies way higher than level 20. Volt literally can't 1 hit Corpus crewmen up to level 60-70 with his ultimate.

I never liked playing as Vauban, but he isn't useless. Not like Volt is useless. I could still see him being very useful.

Do not bring snowglobe into this discussion. I don't want it nerfed period.

You lost me when you said Vauban is as bad as Volt.

Tesla is extremely useful on enemies way higher than level 20. Volt literally can't 1 hit Corpus crewmen up to level 60-70 with his ultimate.

I never liked playing as Vauban, but he isn't useless. Not like Volt is useless. I could still see him being very useful.

Do not bring snowglobe into this discussion. I don't want it nerfed period.

Well too bad. We didn't want bastille nerfed.

Saying Vauban is as crap as Volt is a SERIOUS over exaggeration. Vortex change more than compensates for the Bastille nerf. He's ever slightly worse in some situations now but better in others.

Ember though it's tough to tell without the new damage system.

It's always nice to see many different opinions. I wiold also like to bring to your attention a certain pattern in DE's marketing strategy that Angus pointed out firs and published in another thread.

Posted Yesterday, 04:16 PM
"Vauban is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.
"Nova is great! I need her!" - buuys her for Plat
Vauban is no longer a source of income, since Nova came out and Necro is near, so DE can nerf him.
"Necro is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.
Nova is no longer a source of income, since Necro came out and XXX is near, so DE can nerf her.
"XXX is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.
Necro is no longer a source of income, since XXX came out and YYY is near, so DE can nerf him.

Repeat.

I just found it interesting and wanted to share it with you.

CRY SOME MOAR BABY MAN!

I like the attention of angry children, what can i say.. I find it amusing how after billions of years of evelution that our spicies has gone through this is still the best product of your mind that you could come up with. Also i love your caps lock! :)

Edited by zombaio