Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the content drought worth it for a revisit to old stuff

Cephalycion

21 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

New content will of course bring revenue. BUT major goal of every expanding company, not only in the gaming industry, is to get access to new markets, because entirely new customers have more potential to spend money on your already existing assortment. This is the reason so many companies beg for access to fairly isolated Chinese market. Blizzard and Diablo Eternal anyone? In order to get access to new customers Blizzard let an aggressive Chinese mobile game developer work on their new titel, because otherwise Blizzard cannot easely sell its products there.
I have a question for you - who might spend more money on Warframe? A mr26 founder or a fresh player? New content will of course drive attention, however, if the inital game experience is not satisfying, this new p(l)ayer could give up long before he get the chance to experience it or make some transfers. Furthermore, if you think some flashy extra fluff is more important than a solid and functioning basis...well, that's just your opinion.

Would you look at this, an opinion on how thinks work, not actually knowing how they work.

And yes, this is also my opinion.

And this can go on, and on, and on.

Warframe already proved its functionality, would had been long gone and forgotten otherwise. Market is full of dead titles.

Yup, just my opinion.

Now on topic:

They can redo the whole game with the latest engine/tech, and 40 hours later, players would come to necro this thread.

Been the same for every single game out there.

You guys fall under the "passionate but too late to join the dev team" group.

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

New content will of course bring revenue. BUT major goal of every expanding company, not only in the gaming industry, is to get access to new markets, because entirely new customers have more potential to spend money on your already existing assortment. This is the reason so many companies beg for access to fairly isolated Chinese market. Blizzard and Diablo Eternal anyone? In order to get access to new customers Blizzard let an aggressive Chinese mobile game developer work on their new titel, because otherwise Blizzard cannot easely sell its products there.

Actually ...No.

Established profitable enterprises tend to seek a balanced approach.

Retention and Expansion.

Fortuna's launch and the release on the Switch marks both...I don't see that you have a relevant point so far.

...These notions aren't mutually non-exclusive

So...Sure, Blizzard is considering a foray into mobile....They have also released an expansion to an established game and a brand new action based title (and all it's updates) in the last couple of years.

See how that works?

DE has, as I noted earlier, been doing the thing you are on about for months now.

• ...And added an expansion.
  • ...And developed a port for their flagship game to a new console.
  • ...And are set to release more content expansions in the coming months.

I have a question for you - who might spend more money on Warframe? A mr26 founder or a fresh player?

Answer: Neither.

The conditions you set are both too narrow and too vague to make an adequate determination.

The game is free to play...The only things you can't get for free in this game are Tennogen (on PC) and directly purchasing Prime Access offerings.

Because of this...Neither is more likely than the other to spend money on the game.

Sure, we could speculate that the MR26 likely spent more money on the game than the new player did in the last 6 months.

We can also say that the New Player might decide to spend money on the game in the next 6 months....But they are no more or less likely to do so than any other player.

...With the MR26, though, anything is possible... Value's in retention.

New content will of course drive attention, however, if the inital game experience is not satisfying, this new p(l)ayer could give up long before he get the chance to experience it or make some transfers. Furthermore, if you think some flashy extra fluff is more important than a solid and functioning basis...well, that's just your opinion.

Sure, but that's the same issue we'd see in any scenario.

The game, in this case, is well reviewed, and getting new players at a brisk pace even now.

Are they retaining all of them? No one ever does.

Are there problems? Sure there are...Warframe is a work in progress.

That doesn't mean they need to cease what they are doing to go hunt more bugs and re-do systems though...they spent the bulk of this year doing that work and we know it's still ongoing.

Our opinions appear to differ on this point though.

I could just as easily say that perhaps, in your case, familiarity has bred some measure of contempt and that contempt is all you see....Who knows?