Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alias change

Hikarin

Question

I was just wondering about changing my alias, as I have found a couple of IGN that I wanted while back, but they were taken by already existing players. However after a year of playing now, I figured I'm gonna take a gambit at alias change, and wanted to check the rules. 

And one thing that I noticed is that inactive account names can be changed into, provided the account was inactive for significant  amount of  time, and if they ask support for help with that. That or the info I got is wrong. So anyone who knows if like to know if it's possible or am I reading dated info. 

Also, a estimate of how long would it take for Warframe support to actually respond or do something in relation to a ticket? 

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Bellona-kun said:

So anyone who knows if like to know if it's possible or am I reading dated info. 

If they have been inactive for more than a set period (possibly 30 days) you can take their name. You really should make sure they have been inactive for at least 30 days prior to messaging support about it. Check based on 'no changes to the account'. *Note: this is not a requirement. But it might make you look stupid if said UserID is active.

As for time to reply: likely more than two weeks at the moment. 

Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, Bellona-kun said:

Also, a estimate of how long would it take for Warframe support to actually respond or do something in relation to a ticket?

Spoiler

84.gif

Jokes aside, it should still be the same. Just /profile <ign> to check the name and ask support if you think the account is inactive.

5 minutes ago, btant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

84.gif

Jokes aside, it should still be the same. Just /profile <ign> to check the name and ask support if you think the account is inactive.

Having checked, one of the accounts has MR0 and no longer shows the Warframe that is used and the other has MR1 and has no progress made past that, but I couldn't find way to check the account activity past syndicate standing z but that's not very reliable seeing that this user has been stuck on 800/1000 for last few days in ostron and no progression anywhere else. 

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If they have been inactive for more than a set period (possibly 30 days) you can take their name. You really should make sure they have been inactive for at least 30 days prior to messaging support about it. Check based on 'no changes to the account'. *Note: this is not a requirement. But it might make you look stupid if said UserID is active.

As for time to reply: likely more than two weeks at the moment. 

According to the user activity it seems it was not very active, but I could be wrong. They both have been stuck on MR 0 and 1 for past week. One of them has daily standing stuck at 800/1000 with ostron. So I'm guessing they are inactive. 

1 minute ago, Bellona-kun said:

They both have been stuck on MR 0 and 1 for past week.

That is not 30 days. DE requires a minimum of 30 days for stuff like this. If someone logs into the account for the daily reward, they are considered active. I am not sure standing is the correct indicator to use here. MR exp, weapon usage, play time etc might be more appropriate. 

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

That is not 30 days. DE requires a minimum of 30 days for stuff like this. If someone logs into the account for the daily reward, they are considered active. I am not sure standing is the correct indicator to use here. MR exp, weapon usage, play time etc might be more appropriate. 

Huh, I will keep an eye out. But considering that this player has been MR0 for about a week and I haven't seen any progress in terms of weapons or playtime. I am pretty sure they are inactive for more than a week, could be wrong... Still thanks for some insight!