The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

changes to an "almost" great frame

crashapple12

i have thoroughly enjoyed my time with garuda and do consider her to be one of the better designed frames of the last year, although i find there are several glaring flaws in her gameplay that really hurt her overall strength to varying degree's of severity

:passive
mostly good though i think making the blood orb her passive and moving the damage buff onto her 3 with options to buff allies could be better
(potential delayed revive/5s invulnerability should garuda take fatal damage with an active blood orb consuming it probably with a cooldown)

1: dread mirror
honestly i consider this to be almost perfect i can only list minor issues with the ability itself

1. it lacks the general invulnerability frames usually given to frame dash powers
  2. the fact that the leap damage doesn't scale with her talons damage and mods hurts
  3. the mobility cut while charging the blood orb is unnecessary
  4. let the leap target a blood altar target

note: the execute window is an amazing addition and should be retroactively put on older frame powers *eg Nekros's soul punch*

this is more or less fine as is only request is the same as above

1. invulnerability frames while dashing

and now we reach a tricky one, from the moment i witnessed the use of this on the devstream i have held the belief that this is not a good enough ability

• sacrificing health for energy alone is not good enough
  • strength does nothing
  • for those without quick thinking its borderline suicidal to use even with blood altars active

this ability hurts to use, especially given the significantly better sources of energy that already exist within warframe (rage,hunter adrenaline, zenurik, arcane energize, trinity ect) but hurts even more on a frame like garuda that has the capability of using one to its fullest potential that being rage or adrenaline + quick thinking (if you have not tried this on her do so)

suggestions for changes

1. reduce the health cost to 40% of current health energy gained would reduce based on sacrificed health
  2. the health lost should also be added into the blood orb conversion rate dictated by strength

:note from passive section:

• add a hold function to consume the blood orb temporarily gaining additional damage and leaving a floating orb of blood for others to consume

• it is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) damaging 4th abilities in the game (which is fine its primarily about its secondary effect)
  • pointless charge mechanic

utility powers are completely fine if designed right (see nova's Mol prime for an example), seeking talons has a great secondary effect, but feels absolutely horrible to use
the charge is slow and clunky, which is completely pointless because the only reason not to fire at full charge is to hit a small amount of enemies for maximum damage... on a power that does very little damage

frankly this power has no good reason not to be instant cast and radial given its use of projectiles, low damage and primary use being its chance to force weapon damage to proc slash,
to give an example of a "similar"ish power that has more utility/damage+synergy we need look no further than saryn's miasma, the ability is.. instant, stuns enemies for its entire duration, halves enemy health due to viral procs, does not rely on projectiles does nearly double the damage per target than 1 talon can do and has a significant boost in damage if used alongside spores, in comparison seeking talons is downright anemic even when comparing it to a non spore amped miasma and just as bad against every other ultimate

no im not saying it should be like miasma.. we don't need more of those around

my proposed changes:

1. make the ability instant cast
    or
  2. change the charge to drain the orb to increase its damage instead of increasing the cone
  3. have it cast in a 65% full cone radius increase/decrease with range mods
  4. increase the base mark duration from 10 to 15
  5. increase base damage from 150 to 175 (compensation for the removal of the charge radius) or add a % of their health to its damage
  6. have the mark only wear off the blood altar target when the the altar ends
  7. have the mark spread to all enemies within a blood altar circle if the target is marked
  8. have dread mirror create new up to 3 new talons should the leap be used to execute marked enemies, these will pick a nearby target at random
  9. dread mirror's execute window should be raised against marked enemies from 35% to 45%
  10. make marked enemies have a small chance for health orbs to drop

i would rather see these than the current 4 + charged blood orb one shot combo

stat changes:
change base health from 100 to 125
change base shields from 100 to 75

Edited by crashapple12
added a neat idea from another thread