Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poor hosts ruin the party

Nazamroth2

Greetings,

Not sure how often this happens to other people, but all too often, I find that the game is just... well... pathetically laggy. You know the drill, enemies dying seconds after being shot, interactions not triggering, etc.This is all the more frustrating when you play something that relies on precision timing and coordination.

Yes, I have set the ping limit lower, but it barely helps.

My suggestion would be, to add an option to manually migrate hosts. Have a menu choice, or something to trigger a vote, and if the party agrees, the game triggers it, quickly pings everyone, and decides who would be the best host from the four.

And while I am mentioning host migration, could we somehow make it remember the states of people afterwards? It is so annoying when I have huge stacks on whatever ability, it migrates, and suddenly I have to start again.

I believe both of these would greatly improve the game experience, but let me know if someone disagrees, or there is something that would require the complete dismantling of the game.

1 hour ago, Nazamroth2 said:

You can't just run from the problems you encounter every time. Plus, then you have to abandon the endless mission you were in, or find a new relic group, restart the bounty, or whatever. It is an annoyance.

its not running from the problem. you forget that we pull from everywhere so if they did put in your idea you could still be screwed out as when the new host is chosen you still lag. youre in a pug, it takes SECONDS to see if the connection is crap or not. also host migration in itself still has some problems of just dropping the group. if youre joining a pug and the connection seems like crap then bounce and join a new group. this is not some new thing thats happened. laggy matches has been a thing since day one.

welcome to warframe.