The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Pvp

ThereIsAPatternHere

So currently there is a 2v2 map that was added to the game on Venus, and another on Mercury. If you're imaginative you'll find it. That's not the point of this thread, however.

My concern is the direction this game is taking. Months ago, DE was adamant that PvP was not something they ever wanted to do. This is a PvE game, and that was their focus. It was reinforced many times, by forum posts and livestream statements.

But now we see they're trying to turn this game into something it's not. It's not an arena game, it's not a competitive PvP title, and it's not an esports venue. The engine isn't set up for it, the netcode isn't set up for it, and the playerbase is here for a PvE game. So why are they doing this?

Given their already poor track record with just balancing the PvE aspects, can you imagine how badly PvP balancing will ruin this game?

Would love to see DE realize that you play to your strengths instead of trying to be a jack of all trades and failing at most.

Edited by ThereIsAPatternHere

They're only adding a small way to pvp outside of clans.

They wont balance weapons in the name of pvp, they just put it there for people to fight each other. Not fair because the guy has a better weapon? Well DE doesn't care, they only put PvP there as a little addon, nothing else. If you think they'll try to balance the game because of the PVP, well you're wrong.

So currently there is a 2v2 map that was added to the game on Venus. If you're imaginative you'll find it. That's not the point of this thread, however.

My concern is the direction this game is taking. Months ago, DE was adamant that PvP was not something they ever wanted to do. This is a PvE game, and that was their focus. It was reinforced many times, by forum posts and livestream statements.

But now we see they're trying to turn this game into something it's not. It's not an arena game, it's not a competitive PvP title, and it's not an esports venue. The engine isn't set up for it, the netcode isn't set up for it, and the playerbase is here for a PvE game. So why are they doing this?

Given their already poor track record with just balancing the PvE aspects, can you imagine how badly PvP balancing will ruin this game?

Would love to see DE realize that you play to your strengths instead of trying to be a jack of all trades and failing at most.

Where is this 2v2 map? :l

And why do you say that?

DE has clearly stated that PVE is their main aim. They're making tiered weapons for that, the primes, the dojo weapons, etc. More pvp places wont make the game bad because it will be optional, and weapons will most definitely never be changed for pvp.

DE has clearly stated that PVE is their main aim. They're making tiered weapons for that, the primes, the dojo weapons, etc. More pvp places wont make the game bad because it will be optional, and weapons will most definitely never be changed for pvp.

So your belief that DE won't balance things around PvP is because they said so...just like how they said they wouldn't do PvP at all, right?

no, DE said pvp was at the END of their list. This addition was most likely a bone to keep some of the community happy for now.

This is probably true.

So your belief that DE won't balance things around PvP is because they said so...just like how they said they wouldn't do PvP at all, right?

The problem with your witty retort here is that your facts are simply wrong. DE has been very careful to never actually say there will never be any PvP. They've always said 'Not right now' or 'Not any time soon.'.

Hell they didn't even say things like 'It is at the end of our list', they typically told people it was just low-priority. Which it was. For months.

Now it has wiggled its way up the list. They're going to throw in a basic game mode and be done with it, just like Dueling.

Im suprised you believe they would rebalance weapons for pvp, especially since the PVE is the main part of the game, and will most likely stay that way, you cant balance both pvp and pve stuff in a game like this, so they're going to PVE, it's pretty obvious.

The problem with your witty retort here is that your facts are simply wrong. DE has been very careful to never actually say there will never be any PvP. They've always said 'Not right now' or 'Not any time soon.'.

Hell they didn't even say things like 'It is at the end of our list', they typically told people it was just low-priority. Which it was. For months.

Now it has wiggled its way up the list. They're going to throw in a basic game mode and be done with it, just like Dueling.

Ah, so it's just low priority. It's a good thing that all the lobby bugs have been corrected, the UI doesn't fight the players as much as the mobs, and all the frames are properly balanced; you know, all the high priority things.

Ah, so it's just low priority. It's a good thing that all the lobby bugs have been corrected, the UI doesn't fight the players as much as the mobs, and all the frames are properly balanced; you know, all the high priority things.

It is really cute that you think the people whose job it is to fix those things are the same people who makes the maps and gametypes.

Really.

It is really cute that you think the people whose job it is to fix those things are the same people who makes the maps and gametypes.

Really.

So you're saying that the people who deal with the netcode regarding player objects and weapons interacting with each other aren't the ones dealing with the netcode regarding player objects and mobs interacting with each other?

Really.

So you're saying that the people who deal with the netcode regarding player objects and weapons interacting with each other aren't the ones dealing with the netcode regarding player objects and mobs interacting with each other?

Really.

Nah, those would be the same people. They'd be just about the only people who'd be the same between the two things. Thankfully setting up a lobby with 4 people in it is something they already do. And making the game understand who is getting shot and what by is already done.

So much of that would be almost exactly identical.

Really.

Nah, those would be the same people. They'd be just about the only people who'd be the same between the two things. Thankfully setting up a lobby with 4 people in it is something they already do. And making the game understand who is getting shot and what by is already done.

So much of that would be almost exactly identical.

Really.

Moving goalposts are fun! It's a shame that lobbies are still so buggy though (not to mention the netcode), but I'm glad you agree with me that they should be working on fixing the existing bugs before trying to shoehorn in some half-baked PvP.

For a minute I was worried you were going full-on DElusional.

Really.

Really.

Can you stop crying about mundane issues. If they do balance weapons and frames for PvP most of the fan base will complain, and one thing I do know about DE is that they *usually* listen to the fanbase. So stop whining and play the game.

Moving goalposts are fun! It's a shame that lobbies are still so buggy though (not to mention the netcode), but I'm glad you agree with me that they should be working on fixing the existing bugs before trying to shoehorn in some half-baked PvP.

For a minute I was worried you were going full-on DElusional.

Really.

Nah. What you gotta understand is that I've got no doubt that no matter the kind of argument exists against it the whole thing wont change. It is gonna happen, the only factor now is when and how it'll work.

So at this point its all just piles of drama as people get used to this and a lot of trying to suggest stuff they can do that wont totally suck.

Can you stop crying about mundane issues. If they do balance weapons and frames for PvP most of the fan base will complain, and one thing I do know about DE is that they *usually* listen to the fanbase. So stop whining and play the game.

Netcode isn't a mundane issue.

Nah. What you gotta understand is that I've got no doubt that no matter the kind of argument exists against it the whole thing wont change. It is gonna happen, the only factor now is when and how it'll work.

So at this point its all just piles of drama as people get used to this and a lot of trying to suggest stuff they can do that wont totally suck.

Netcode isn't a mundane issue.

Im still hoping they fix Strict NAT. I am unable to play with a large amount of the player base :(

I forwarded all ports, and everything, still Strict NAT.