Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Says You're Not Playing The Right Way

Silver_Hawk

After uninstalling warframe and sleeping on it, I think I'm more perturbed today than yesterday.  

Two different classes were nerfed and ruined for their player base, and what was the reason?   Players aren't playing Ember and Trinity the way DE intended the classes to be played. Okay? So?  Were you dev's like my next door neighbor's kid that always told me I wasn't playing with his ninja turtle action figures the right way? I needed to play the game HIS way?  

You've made FOURTEEN different classes.  Look at most games, any generation, any console.  That's a lot of choices, and yet, they all feel really similar, don't they?  You've whitewashed a lot of them, and squandered your opportunities to create unique experiences, that's not our fault.  As players, we became creative, and found utility in frames that didn't seem to have as much as the rest.  

People figured out Trinity and Ember could be viable support tanks.  Instead of adapting with your players choices, skills, and styles, and applauding their creative uses, you chose the obtuse route.  You could have possibly created a NEW support role, or a NEW glass cannon, because the one's you intended evolved differently.  (which I thought is what OP Nova is anyway)  No, instead you chose to tell us we were doing it wrong and you needed to change them in reaction to our use of them improperly.  

Well, I'm no longer a customer, and wish you well on your future endeavors having enjoyed several months of this ever-evolving game.  I also wish you good luck on your console launch, but I don't know how well you'll do with a fanbase that feels they're being told they're not playing your game the right way.  You're inheriting an mmo fan base: they're creative, they're tactical, they're passionate.  They don't play games wrong.  You're just telling them they are.  Listen to your fans.

Edited by Silver_Hawk

Agreed, well, partly. While overheat and link were kind of ridiculous, it did make playing these frames more fun and different then the "press 4 to win" frames. I don't mind if they nerf them as long as they don't nerf peoples play styles. Trinity and ember were kind of one trick ponies since they had one ability taking up all the slack for their bad abilities so hopefully after seeing how bad these frames are now that they don't have their invincibility DE, will buff their other abilities. Well, trinity still has inincibility and she doesn't really seem that bad tbh.

Edited by merryfistmas

ember and trinity wheren´t made viable support tanks, they had god mode abilities. you didn´t have to play around with the builds to make them that, the babilities made that for yourself with no effort.

shame on you DE, how you dare make warframes not one trick ponys?

edit: DE is´s saying you are playing the class wrong. before, you couldn´t play it how it was mean´t to because the skills where bad. now, you can play as support or support/tank with link+health and shield mods. there, now you have a tank/support warframe instead of a one trick pony

Edited by lautalocos

Two different classes were nerfed and ruined for their player base, and what was the reason?   Players aren't playing Ember and Trinity the way DE intended the classes to be played.

no.

they got nerfed in preparation for the new armor and damage mechanics.

and lets be honest. they got nerfed, not ruined.

perhaps the time of said nerfs are a bit odd (why not just wait for the new dmg system), but that is a small issue at best.

your eagerness to flip the hell out is an odd one.

anyway:

good bye.

nobody will miss you.

After uninstalling warframe and sleeping on it, I think I'm more perturbed today than yesterday.  

Two different classes were nerfed and ruined for their player base, and what was the reason?   Players aren't playing Ember and Trinity the way DE intended the classes to be played. Okay? So?  Were you dev's like my next door neighbor's kid that always told me I wasn't playing with his ninja turtle action figures the right way? I needed to play the game HIS way?  

You've made FOURTEEN different classes.  Look at most games, any generation, any console.  That's a lot of choices, and yet, they all feel really similar, don't they?  You've whitewashed a lot of them, and squandered your opportunities to create unique experiences, that's not our fault.  As players, we became creative, and found utility in frames that didn't seem to have as much as the rest.  

People figured out Trinity and Ember could be viable support tanks.  Instead of adapting with your players choices, skills, and styles, and applauding their creative uses, you chose the obtuse route.  You could have possibly created a NEW support role, or a NEW glass cannon, because the one's you intended evolved differently.  (which I thought is what OP Nova is anyway)  No, instead you chose to tell us we were doing it wrong and you needed to change them in reaction to our use of them improperly.  

Well, I'm no longer a customer, and wish you well on your future endeavors having enjoyed several months of this ever-evolving game.  I also wish you good luck on your console launch, but I don't know how well you'll do with a fanbase that feels they're being told they're not playing your game the right way.  You're inheriting an mmo fan base: they're creative, they're tactical, they're passionate.  They don't play games wrong.  You're just telling them they are.  Listen to your fans.

Wow. So much for all the good stuff they did like fixing the horrible performance issues with this game especially when hosting. They even said that Warframes are changing continuously until they are well balanced. THERE IS A REASON why DE wants people to give feedback which could give them ideas how to make the frames even better with their own feedback threads.

Edited by R3leaZ

ember and trinity wheren´t made viable support tanks, they had god mode abilities. you didn´t have to play around with the builds to make them that, the babilities made that for yourself with no effort.

shame on you DE, how you dare make warframes not one trick ponys?

Taking away Ember's only defensive ability because in DE's words "She was meant to be an all offense frame".  DE wants everything to be a one trick pony, and I'm not sure your mischaracterization of my statements makes much sense.

Edited by Silver_Hawk

You're inheriting an mmo fan base: they're creative, they're tactical, they're passionate.  They don't play games wrong.  You're just telling them they are.  Listen to your fans.

Warframe isn't an MMO. It would be more appropriate to assume the player base has more experience with shooters and other action games.

Does this surprise you OP? DE has, if nothing else,  continually strived to railroad and shoehorn people into playing how they want when the want. I've already sworn off on future purchases of plat unless they seriously come around and actually make a show that they're learning for once. Because after every one of these nerf fiascos DE tries to insist they'll do better next time. And like that drug addicted relative, we get suckered in and believe them. Then next update comes along and our DVD player is gone and another heavy handed nerf is slapped across something without care and there's DE apologizing for it.

Warframe isn't an MMO. It would be more appropriate to assume the player base has more experience with shooters and other action games.

It isn't an MMO, but it is online (that's the O), and it's multiplayer (that's the M) is it massive? (that's what she said)   

DE even said the fanbase they're seeing is migrating from MMO's.  That's from DE, not my assumption.

Taking away Ember's only defensive ability because in DE's words "She was meant to be an all offense frame".  DE wants everything to be a one trick pony, and I'm not sure your mischaracterization of my statements makes much sense.

DE wants everything to be a one trick pony? right, that´s why they made all of trinity skills usefull, but nerfed one because it was god-mode

and wheren´t you leaving? i think you said you uninstalled the game. don´t lose you time here in the forums of a game you don´t play

Does this surprise you OP? DE has, if nothing else,  continually strived to railroad and shoehorn people into playing how they want when the want. I've already sworn off on future purchases of plat unless they seriously come around and actually make a show that they're learning for once. Because after every one of these nerf fiascos DE tries to insist they'll do better next time. And like that drug addicted relative, we get suckered in and believe them. Then next update comes along and our DVD player is gone and another heavy handed nerf is slapped across something without care and there's DE apologizing for it.

I want to know who is making all these decisions, because if its the low-tier staff its entirely horrifying.

The "problems" they generate should be visible from a mile away for anyone that has cursory knowledge of game systems, not to mention is supposed to be a game designer.

I want to know who is making all these decisions, because if its the low-tier staff its entirely horrifying.

The "problems" they generate should be visible from a mile away for anyone that has cursory knowledge of game systems, not to mention is supposed to be a game designer.

I know that the rhino iron-skin nerf and most if not all of the bad ones from this update came from Scott (so is the really bad skillset they have for Necro). I genuinely don't know why he's still on the team since I've yet to see evidence of his doing actually improve the game.

DE wants everything to be a one trick pony? right, that´s why they made all of trinity skills usefull, but nerfed one because it was god-mode

and wheren´t you leaving? i think you said you uninstalled the game. don´t lose you time here in the forums of a game you don´t play

This is a game I invested several hours in, and even though I won't be playing anymore, it's good to have a forum on this, where I can tell people my thoughts on why I'm leaving and get other people's opinions, such as your thought provoking responses.  Thanks to everyone for contributing to the post positively.

I know that the rhino iron-skin nerf and most if not all of the bad ones from this update came from Scott (so is the really bad skillset they have for Necro). I genuinely don't know why he's still on the team since I've yet to see evidence of his doing actually improve the game.

Really?

Well its what you get when you give game-design decisions to an animator I guess.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=3336896&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=aKo3&locale=en_US&srchid=1028084271378592323586&srchindex=2&srchtotal=56&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1028084271378592323586%2CVSRPtargetId%3A3336896%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

To be fair embers only defensive ability was better then rhinos iron skin and he was meant to be an offensive TANK. Ember was meant to deal damage and cause massive chaos. Seeing as overheat was a bit op anyways I don't see whats wrong with nerfing it and then buffing her other skills.

Geeze, he's not even an actual game design guy and they let him make sweeping choices over game balance? No wonder this is tanking.

I'm sorry that players such as yourself feel like they are being "forced" to do anything, and by all means, quit and leave with dignity.

However, just like all forms of art, the creators reserve the right to follow their vision, even if it conflicts with some of their customers.

Do I personally feel pidgeon-holed or shoe-horned into certain roles? No.

Do I feel like you should be given the freedom to play as you wish? Yes, and I don't see how DE has taken that right away from anyone. The sky is in fact, not falling.

To be fair embers only defensive ability was better then rhinos iron skin and he was meant to be an offensive TANK. Ember was meant to deal damage and cause massive chaos. Seeing as overheat was a bit op anyways I don't see whats wrong with nerfing it and then buffing her other skills.

But put in the context of her speed, armor, and other abilities, was it really necessary?  Did it provide too much DEF? Maybe, but to remove that power and not fix her other powers, to me, is not how I want to be treated as a customer.

Edited by Silver_Hawk

Actually I have noticed this as well... Ever since I saw he was the one who was basically against more customization and everyone looking different I began to question his methods. For example, he seemed to be the only one against options for male or female warframes....and just because he is against it it has yet to be added.(Just to make a point the warframes are armor and we are the tenno. An armor forcing you to be a different sex makes no sense whatsoever. I am pretty sure I would not go into an armor if it would chop my d**k off...) Scott also seems to be the one making poor decisions on what warframes to nerf/buff.

Edited by andboomgoestheydynamite

But put in the context of her speed, armor, and other abilities, it was really necessary.  Did it provide too much DEF? Maybe, but to remove that power and not fix her other powers, to me, is not how I want to be treated as a customer.

I agree that they should not have taken it away completely but I believe a small nerf was needed. They simple made a big mistake completely taking it away, that's no reason to leave the game.