Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"veteran" Warframe

-Berserk-

So Tenno are not just random space ninjas, they where a warrior race with a social structure.

It stands that logically they would have Captains, or veteran Tenno who trained, mentored and led Tenno squads and groups in times of war.

I have a vision of a Warframe that served that very purpose, a Shogun if you will (best historical analogy I can think of, I know Shoguns are of the samurai and not ninjas, but what would you call a  ninja leader, Ninja master?, lame.)

Their role would be a mix of support and DPS, being a veteran they would boost fellow Tenno morale and use years of combat experience to bring the enemy's to their knees

Powers

Ignore the names or come up with your own, why not?

War cry- Boost friendly warframe armor and damage for X amount of time, does not affect "vet"

Squad Broken-"Fired" in a manner similar to Banshee's sonic boom,  Any enemies caught in the AOE would take slightly more damage and suffer decrease accuracy.

lead the way- "vet" creates an energy shield(think shield lancer) The vet can move around albeit at a slower pace and at the cost of using weapons. The power cost nothing to cast but constantly drains energy until it is depleted or re-cast, ending the effect. Tenno behind the shield receive a boost in accuracy and fire rate.

Beast within-  The rage of seeing to many, friends, students and fellow warriors taken is too much for the vet, giving into blind rage. All vet Melee attacks do X more damage, all while taking less.

I have "tactical" co-op in mind when thinking of the powers, some one who could go it alone, with more risk involved(Squad broken, Beast within) or work to make sure that when the fighting is at its worst you are glad they are there to bring support(War cry, Lead the way)

Thoughts?

I think the Tenno are more like small tight nit squads of elite warriors who are all equal, being perfectly in sync with each other. I don't really see them needing a leader.

Some of the ability ideas sound interesting though. Although you could link basically all of them to an already existing ability.

Edited by Silraed

Those are existing warframe abilities...

Besides, how would one get to this commanding rank and why do they deserve to have extra powers over others? Sounds to vague and meh, imo

Not additional abilities, a new frame, how did any one get to be a rhino?

as far as abilities go, the shield is obviously from volt, but the others?

I think the Tenno are more like small tight nit squads of elite warriors who are all equal, being perfectly in sync with each other. I don't really see them needing a leader.

Some of the ability ideas sound interesting though. Although you could link basically all of them to an already existing ability.

Perhaps leader is not the best word for him, I think veteran fits perfectly, not superior but, they where on the front lines well before the others. your second point is also valid, volt and ash come to mind, but that is almost the point a good blend of offence and squad buffs, outside of trinity i cant think of any other Support Frames.

Edit*

I was not ware of rhinos "roar" ability, dang that bums me out, while making me want to do more runs on Fosa.

Edited by ChubbyWarhead