Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back The Old Pull Mechanic For Mag

Drifter11

I've mained a Mag since open beta. Anyone that mained Mag and knew how to use her knows how fun and effective she could be. Pull was a great CC ability that could be used for agressive short-range play, or defensively for defense missions.

Yes, Pull did not do much damage That was not what it was about. Pull was for crowd control, and it worked nicely if you synergized it with your other abilities and used close range weapons with high sustain like the Sobek or Flux Rifle.

Now, the results of Pull are random, so my synergies are gone and weapon choice doesn't matter so much. The damage buff is nice, but unnecessary. The utility has been lost. Now it's just a nuke that doesn't work well with the rest of her kit.

DE, please change this back. It worked perfectly before. I think anyone that discovered how to really use Mag to its full potential will agree with me on this.

*EDIT*: I agree with White_Raven. I wish the ability to Pull downed teammates would be returned. I can't tell you how many clutch revives I made Pulling teammates out of a bad situation.

*EDIT*: To be specific, I am suggesting that DE bring back the Pull that was introduced in Update 8.3 that changed Pull from a single target ability to an ability that pulled all enemies in a cone in front of you.

Edited by Drifter11

its annoying how most people just spams it around now.

namely mobile defences like kappa/cyath etc,

i dont mind them spamming its just they wont consider going to the far end of the room to use pull,

The group would end up going outside the room just to get the energy orbs/mods that are lying outside the room cuz some skill happy mag would spam pull near the doors~sheesh~

I want the team mate pulled to you BACK! It was so good way to troll or a bit get move on slower warframes (Rhino and Frost)

Now-a-days I just enjoy to pull Grineers all over places >:3 then use crush then they are on range. Just loving the rag dolling the enemies. I have had few times when I had used pull to look like a Grineer commander has become a superman. LOL. I have to get coil helmet .3 Even more trolling or being credit to team.

Damage on the pull is not bad but I just miss the fact that it used to be able to pull allies to your awaiting hug. "Come here handsome" *pulls Rhino but this ends up to bottomless pit* "Oops. MY BAD!" *giggles*

I agree. As hilarious as it is to stand on the ledge on cyath and go skeet shooting, she really do lose all synergy with the rest of her kit. It's now just a spammable nuke that looks funny.

It could do 0 damage and be fine, it's not about the damage so I don't know why DE thought that even needed to be changed. If they reverted back to how it was before but kept the SP and BA changes then mag would be perfect (except for crush but I'm hoping for the armor rework to address that).

Edited by merryfistmas

It could do 0 damage and be fine, it's not about the damage so I don't know why DE thought that even needed to be changed. If they reverted back to how it was before but kept the SP and BA changes then mag would be perfect (except for crush but I'm hoping for the armor rework to address that).

Right, I agree. I am also liking SP and BA. If anything, damage needs be given to Crush, not Pull. Makes more sense that way.

It can't be said enough: Mag needs the old pull back!!!

I try to upvote as many post as possible demanding the old pull back. The most fun and usefull skill on Mag (prolly on all warframes even) got killed and replaced with some deadbrain spam crap. 

I am overall dissappointed of the frame changes of this patch. Alot of the mentioned skill mechanics were changed to the worse. I hope DE will take our voices in consideration of reverting some skills back to their good old state. If these changes were fully intended however then I guess we have to go on and find another way of having "fun" with it -.-, which wil prolly be no fun at all.

I do support the old pull thing but I want exact modifications on it. Able to pull team mates (fallen or on the move), Damage I don't care because I will crush ^^ but keep the rag doll it is just super funny : to pull things to the air. Oh nearly forgot if Grineer group has a Grineer shield carrier let the pull take the shield away and make the shield unit fly to your awaiting deadly force of magnetism.

Edited by Revel72

Oh nearly forgot if Grineer group has a Grineer shield carrier let the pull take the shield away and make the shield unit fly to your awaiting deadly force of magnetism.

I agree, I also miss the shield pull. 

Utility, utility, utility. That's what Mag should be about.

The new pull allows Mag to graduate into top tier. The damage combined with ragdoll with its crazy range easily makes it easily one of the best 1's in the game right now. Enjoy it for what it is, a massive crowd-disabling nuke, capable of being cast 18 times with a full supply of energy (with the Gauss helm + Streamline and Flow).

The new pull allows Mag to graduate into top tier. The damage combined with ragdoll with its crazy range easily makes it easily one of the best 1's in the game right now. Enjoy it for what it is, a massive crowd-disabling nuke, capable of being cast 18 times with a full supply of energy (with the Gauss helm + Streamline and Flow).

Oh there is some Infestations (level 60) *pull* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! That is a Ancient Toxic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies* That why it is not the best class ability on my opinion QQ.

Mag was already top tier. Unfortunately, many people that tried to player her did not really know how to use her abilities or know which weapons complimented her kit. I'm not going to enjoy the new Pull because I don't like it. I had loads of fun and was incredibly effective with the previous incarnation, and so did anyone else that mained this frame correctly and creatively.

Oh there is some Infestations (level 60) *pull* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! That is a Ancient Toxic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies* That why it is not the best class ability on my opinion QQ.

The current pull actually does not pull ancients. It pulls everything else but only knocks ancients over. So currently Mag won't have the same problem with toxics, but actually slow them down. Imagine a primed ancient in Frost's globe and it is ragdolling after Mag's pull, taking forever to get up (not that it's very useful but just imagine)

Actually, we should get the old pull back, but it does not pull ancients, thereby solving the problem of toxics and getting a proper heap of enemies in front of her.

Mag was already top tier. Unfortunately, many people that tried to player her did not really know how to use her abilities or know which weapons complimented her kit. I'm not going to enjoy the new Pull because I don't like it. I had loads of fun and was incredibly effective with the previous incarnation, and so did anyone else that mained this frame correctly and creatively.

Sssh...Don't say top tier...Sssh

Experienced Mag players can circumvent that problem by standing behind a door or other obstacles before pulling those in. Or you can just snipe them out first while kiting the small fry. I prefer the snipe.

Actually the old Pull was a lot more powerful than this current version. Sure, the ap dmg right now is great compared to every other skills, but it will never rival the efficiency you could get with the old one by comboing it with other stuff. 300 dmg just doesn't compare to a potatoed orgis shot or torid's grenade if armor starts to matter at high level.

To avoid misunderstanding, I refer to the old pull just before the new patch (9.8) where you can pull all mobs within range towards your feet with knockdown effect applied and only enemies pulled. I am sure this is also the one the OP refers to. Don't mix it up with the old closed beta troll pull where you can only pull one specific target which can also be another player.

Wouldn't say the old mag was top tier, but she was at least mid tier if not mid-high tier if used propperly. Partially because not only did the average mag have to be more compenent to be useful, but also was very reliant on teammates for her full potential to shine.

Experienced Mag players can circumvent that problem by standing behind a door or other obstacles before pulling those in. Or you can just snipe them out first while kiting the small fry. I prefer the snipe.

Actually the old Pull was a lot more powerful than this current version. Sure, the ap dmg right now is great compared to every other skills, but it will never rival the efficiency you could get with the old one by comboing it with other stuff. 300 dmg just doesn't compare to a potatoed orgis shot or torid's grenade if armor starts to matter at high level.

To avoid misunderstanding, I refer to the old pull just before the new patch (9.8) where you can pull all mobs within range towards your feet with knockdown effect applied and only enemies pulled. I am sure this is also the one the OP refers to. Don't mix it up with the old closed beta troll pull where you can only pull one specific target which can also be another player.

Love you for pointing out how Mag can avoid toxic ancients. My main way is always the former XD, cos I haven't got a reliable sniper

Wouldn't say the old mag was top tier, but she was at least mid tier if not mid-high tier if used propperly. Partially because not only did the average mag have to be more compenent to be useful, but also was very reliant on teammates for her full potential to shine.

Problem was, not everyone cooperates with the old mag when she uses pull. They only accidentally help out when they see an attractive pile of mobs.

Even with the old pull's usefulness, she wasn't top tier as her other skills lag behind so much

This. I'd say mag was mid-high tier with just her pull. Crush is almost useless except for buying time. Shield polarize was crap, slightly better crap after the patch but still not worth 50 energy. Bullet attractor is nice to have for bosses. But the old pull alone make this frame awesome.

Before the patch I see a lot of mag players spam crush(lolz 12 meter crush) instead of pull. If you are more experienced and have access to some special gear (torid, orgis, kestrel) however, pull combos can compare to novas ulti for only a fraction of the cost. Mag is also more beefy than nova. This patch overall was a nerf for mag instead of a buff despite the changes to shield polarize and bullet attractor.

If they bring the old pull back and buff the other skills, Mag can easily be top tier.

Edited by Orph

This. I'd say mag was mid-high tier with just her pull. Crush is almost useless except for buying time. Shield polarize was crap, slightly better crap after the patch. Bullet attractor is nice to have for bosses. But the pull alone make this frame awesome.

Before the patch I see a lot of mag players spam crush(lolz 12 meter crush) instead of pull. If you are more experienced and have access to some special gear (torid, orgis, kestrel) however, pull combos can compare to novas ulti for only a fraction of the cost. Mag is also more beefy than nova. This patch overall was a nerf for mag instead of a buff despite the changes to shield polarize and bullet attractor.

If they bring the old pull back and buff the other skills, Mag can be easily top tier.

I'm also for the old pull.

Some thoughts that went into my mind when I read your post:

1) Shield polarize isn't crap now, just a faction specific skill (corpus + void). As long as multiple ospreys are around, you can easily deal multiple thousands of dmg. You can even see 10k+ on tier 3 def (heard from someone else). I have seen 2k when using it on psamathe. It's like an alternate to crush now, since it can knock down enemies.

2) You didn't say (not assuming you forgot) flux rifle and supra pull combo! Preferable supra with shred mod since the new puncture effect causes bullets by projectiles to bounce upwards. Therefore, 1 bullet has a chance of hitting 1 enemy twice. It's a safer alt to ogris/torid and equally as damaging IMO.