Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Laser Fences

MJ12

The timing needed to go through a Corpus laser fence is extremely tight and difficult to do in solo gameplay, let alone in a multiplayer match with latency involved. Furthermore if you mess up your timing you may get stuck 'inside' the laser fence, which does a massive amount of damage and will almost certainly instantly kill you. Because of this, the Corpus missions involving retrieval of keycards are extremely frustrating, because you will almost certainly have to go through at least one laser fence and there is a non-zero chance that doing so will instantly kill you, failing the mission.

Finally, no indication of how to avoid them is ever given (you have to slide/roll through them with good timing).

In my opinion, it would be best if the laser fences deactivated themselves for a few seconds if you touched them and took damage. It'd still give you an incentive to try to avoid them, but this way if you have bad timing or suffer from lag you can still complete the mission without undue difficulty.

The Corpus levels are extremely punishing for players enterting them the first time, especially if you're soloing them. A majority of my failed missions are from when I did my first Corpus mission and got one-shotted from trying to run into a side room while lasers were up (since the door is closed you won't know they're there if you aren't familiar with the levels) or backpedalling from a mob and hitting a laser wall that wasn't there before.

I don't think it's intended that you go through laser walls by slide or rolling through them. If you listen, you'll hear a beeping noise which indicates a camera is nearby. If you look up near the ceilings you can see either a dull green or red light and shoot the camera, which should deactivate the laser fences and prevent them from being erected. Watch out though, because cameras in the subsequent rooms might catch you right before you get through the door and you'll get hit by it, so make sure you shoot any cameras facing the door in the next room before you go in.

Once you've done the missions a few times and memorize all the locations where the cameras usually are it becomes much easier. But I agree that there is little indication of what to do to bypass the walls and I just stood infront of them like an idiot waiting from them to deactivate themselves. There also have been weird times where I've been lasered off and trapped in a closet when I had destroyed the only camera that could possibly have vision on me.

Edited by Laterite

The timing needed to go through a Corpus laser fence is extremely tight and difficult to do in solo gameplay, let alone in a multiplayer match with latency involved. Furthermore if you mess up your timing you may get stuck 'inside' the laser fence, which does a massive amount of damage and will almost certainly instantly kill you. Because of this, the Corpus missions involving retrieval of keycards are extremely frustrating, because you will almost certainly have to go through at least one laser fence and there is a non-zero chance that doing so will instantly kill you, failing the mission.

Finally, no indication of how to avoid them is ever given (you have to slide/roll through them with good timing).

In my opinion, it would be best if the laser fences deactivated themselves for a few seconds if you touched them and took damage. It'd still give you an incentive to try to avoid them, but this way if you have bad timing or suffer from lag you can still complete the mission without undue difficulty.

Laser Fences are not activated by Timing they are instead activated by Security Cameras, which are on the cieling near the area you are trying to access.

If you hear a whirring sound around you and a bright Green or Red light. It usually means there is a security camera near by.

And if you still don't believe me, the reason why you can manage to slip through every-now-and-then, is because you end up leaving the sight of the Camera.