Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Experience For Stealthing

Jamescell

I will make the best argument I can to help "enlighten" those who don't believe stealthing should be rewarded at all.

One of the major themes Warframe has been brought up around is ninja-like game-play, essentially stealthing. You may be thinking at this point "so what? doesn't mean it should be rewarded". My answer is this, stealthing, requires skill. No I'm not talking about running through a mission killing enemies before they get to consoles, I'm talking about killing un-alerted enemies. A key concept in gaming is that skill should return greater rewards than no skill, thus my first reason for why stealthing should give more exp. Furthermore, stealthing decreases the amount of enemies that spawn in almost every mission type. No backup=less enemies. So let me summarize. As a stealther I get less exp. for more effort? To compensate I believe that killing un-alerted should give players more exp. to compensate, perhaps even more of a bonus for execution moves.

Anyway, kind of a rambling argument, not very alert right now.

It should give the same experience as normal gameplay, or increased on one aspect but dropped in another.
The extra xp for unalerted is fine, but once you start increasing drop rates and such, you get a serious issue of everyone going solo or reclusive clans, as pug groups would be near impossible to coordinate for stealth.

And Warframe isn't really brought up around "ninja-like gameplay". The whole ninja thing is just a pretty tagline to draw credit cards. If it was, we'd already have actual stealth gameplay, not this whole "0.1 second cursory glance in your direction spots you to the whole area" tripe.

@VScipii26 I didn't mean actual gameplay, I mean that's what they advertise, and the game has built up around that theme. Notice how I said THEME. And no stealth game play shouldn't get more disadvantages, it already has much lower enemy spawn rates, and is much more difficult to carry out.

PS. And I agree with you about the drops. Increasing drops would allow for possible exploits and reclusive behavior.

Edited by Jamescell