The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vehicle Gameplay, Mission Settings, And More.

Aspari

So think about this: 

Scripted vehicle combat. One player has to drive a sand speeder across the desert wasteland of Phobos, hounded by Grineer/ Indigenous Lifeforms that are trying to kill you while another player is shooting at your pursuers. 

Now think about this:

You, the Tenno, aren't deployed on a mission. Instead, you find yourself lost on a planet's surface (assuming the planet can support life) and you must find a way to get back home by raiding a Grineer/Corpus facility for a space ship. Or, you were somehow captured by your enemies and had subjected you to public execution. Before you are to die, you escape and must find a way to leave the prison and return home.

How about this:

Investigation missions.  You have no idea what's in store for you. But the Lotus needs to know what that something is. It could be a new type of Infested lurking in that abandoned ship. It could be a beast never before seen. It could be the unveiling of a Grineer project that could very well be the key to destroying all Tenno. Whatever it is, you're sent there to find out. 

So... this:

Maneuvering through air ducts. I mean, come on. What ninja doesn't improvise on their route to the target? And on top of that, crawling on ceilings and setting yourself up to get a stealth kill on an enemy. 

Now this:

Martial arts. Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Kempo, Kung Fu, Karate, Pankration. 

This too:

Tenno communicating with others through emoticons. Yes, I do mean like how Zer0 communicates. 

Especially this:

The ability to turn off alarms and prevent them from being triggered (possible Volt buff allowing him to fry consoles and disable door locks with Shock).

I think the vehicle thing would be a bit out of place for this game, but absolute 100% yes to everything else.

Especially the hijacking one. Perhaps make it so that on outdoor maps, there's a chance that the Lotus doesn't have an escape pod ready for you so you have to steal an enemy ship yourself.

[1] Rather than one player driving, a moving "platform" which has couple of turrets which you can use to shoot tailing enemy ships and weakpoints you need to protect. Basically just more interesting version of void defense.

[2&3] Perhaps with slight changes, sounds like mission which would get old even faster than the current captures and whatnot. If they stick to the current "every mission should be replayable" this doesn't sound like it's going to work.

[4] Alternate routes? Hell yes!

[5] Perhaps alternate animation sets for melee?

[6] Why not? Sounds like some fun to do some animations and even better way for DE to make money

[7] Gimme dat Volt buff, errr... I mean better stealth gameplay. :D

You, the Tenno, aren't deployed on a mission. Instead, you find yourself lost on a planet's surface (assuming the planet can support life) and you must find a way to get back home by raiding a Grineer/Corpus facility for a space ship. Or, you were somehow captured by your enemies and had subjected you to public execution. Before you are to die, you escape and must find a way to leave the prison and return home.

If I could rate this up more than once, I would. +1.