Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions

jhcom

Hello,

I am a game designer myself, I find that there are several things that you could improve which bothered me while playing.

- Ammo spam of weapons you have not equipped. I would recommend to just remove them unless you equip the scavenger item

- The warframe Mag, He is really useles compared to the other warframes. His ult is just a weaker version of rhinos.

- A way to show the cooldown on the warframe skills, I recommend the clocklike thing greyed out. The less cd, the more you see

- I kept getting stuck at the phobos maps. Those maps should have been playtested some more before implementing.

- Melee against heavies/ancients should be stronger than rifle. Way bigger risk to use melee, and now its weaker

- I like the stealth idea, however I don't think it is well implemented. Why go silence if you can just bash through all with the hek for example. Because of this reason banshee silence skill is useles.

- The bows should get some damage add, the hek/ogris are way stronger while bow takes longer to reload

- Nano spores just suck after having 300k+ of them, completely useles

- Long weapon names don't fit in the weapons panel ingame

- double tap on wasd for roll, easier than double shift in mouse direction. This should make it more ninja like and easier to dodge

- Platinum cost to finish, I recomend to make it % based, for example item cost 100 platinum to finish, cost 100h to complete, if 50h have passed, the platinum cost should be 50% less. This will make players more tempted to use it

- The revives keep players from playing. I would recomend to reduce the costs for a revive, 1 platinum is 1 revive

- most melee weapons are useles

- results page doesnt show what actualy hapened. How can i do 5% damage on nova with 90% of the kills for example

- When in full screen, other flash aplications get stuck, this does not occur in windowed mode

- tons of connection problems

- You shouldnt be able to play maps if you havent unlocked it. People cheat like this and reach many high lv spots they should not be at

- 3 open slots for warframes, not 2, 2 is just not enough for a beginner

- always skip cutscenes option, after a while you keep seeing the same intro, it gets kind of annoying

- search option for the mod page

-The chats ingame are going over eachother. The girl talks over the chat and the team stats. I recomend to put the team stats rightabove below your own stats and the girl below that

- Buy X ammount in store, its annoying to buy everything in ammounts of 1

- chat always open in menu as option

- Allchat possibilatie where you can see clan/squad chat, annoying to keep switching and not seeing the other

If you want to discus some of these, just pm me.

I hope that this will help some of the developers

Kind regards,

Julian

Hello,

I am a game designer myself, I find that there are several things that you could improve which bothered me while playing.

- Ammo spam of weapons you have not equipped. I would recommend to just remove them unless you equip the scavenger item

They work and it's useful for players who use ammo mutation. Granted there should be something to improve this situation. This may not be it.

- The warframe Mag, He is really useles compared to the other warframes. His ult is just a weaker version of rhinos.

She. Not at all. The recent buffs have given Mag much more utility than before. Crush still isn't that good, but the other powers are much better now.

- A way to show the cooldown on the warframe skills, I recommend the clocklike thing greyed out. The less cd, the more you see

Useful, I guess. Wouldn't help so much for powers that cannot be reactivated while still active like Chaos, but definitely a simple trick to assist the usage of most duration-based powers.

- I kept getting stuck at the phobos maps. Those maps should have been playtested some more before implementing.

It's Beta. WE ARE playtesting it. Calling it Beta may just be an excuse, but it's an excuse we're swallowing.

- Melee against heavies/ancients should be stronger than rifle. Way bigger risk to use melee, and now its weaker

It's not that much weaker than most guns when maxed out, but, yes, it's relatively more difficult to use and only a minority of melees are capable of contending with the majority of ranged weapons.

- I like the stealth idea, however I don't think it is well implemented. Why go silence if you can just bash through all with the hek for example. Because of this reason banshee silence skill is useles.

They mentioned they were still working on it. Stealth was never the main idea of this game, according to a livestream several months ago.

- The bows should get some damage add, the hek/ogris are way stronger while bow takes longer to reload

HEK stronger than Bows? Not really all that accurate. Ogris should not be compared to anything but the Torid, it is a unique, AOE-type base damage weapon.

Bows are among the strongest weapons in the game, sharing a lot of properties of Snipers, the best burst weapons in the game.

- Nano spores just suck after having 300k+ of them, completely useles

Dojo(talking moon-tier prices). Plus they're adding more to the foundry system. We may end up having to use more nano in the future.

- Long weapon names don't fit in the weapons panel ingame

No comment.

- double tap on wasd for roll, easier than double shift in mouse direction. This should make it more ninja like and easier to dodge

Adding it as an option would be nice, but I personally prefer being able to make quick-steps using my taps rather than be forced to roll.

It is not any more ninja-like. We're using a keyboard. luls.

- Platinum cost to finish, I recomend to make it % based, for example item cost 100 platinum to finish, cost 100h to complete, if 50h have passed, the platinum cost should be 50% less. This will make players more tempted to use it

No comment.

- The revives keep players from playing. I would recomend to reduce the costs for a revive, 1 platinum is 1 revive

Revives are per-frame and recharge daily. If you die 4 times a day, you may be dying too often from trying to handle something with improper gear.

- most melee weapons are useles

Useless may not be the best word for it, but it's not that far off, I guess.

- results page doesnt show what actualy hapened. How can i do 5% damage on nova with 90% of the kills for example

Lag and/or burst damage. Snipers can hit a primed target and deal up to 10k+ in a single shot.

- When in full screen, other flash aplications get stuck, this does not occur in windowed mode

Not happening for everyone. That does sound annoying, though.

- tons of connection problems

They're working on it. Have some patience. They know it's there.

- You shouldnt be able to play maps if you havent unlocked it. People cheat like this and reach many high lv spots they should not be at

They will add more methods(options) for controlling who can join your squads in the future. Covered a few months ago, but still waiting on it.

- 3 open slots for warframes, not 2, 2 is just not enough for a beginner

No comment.

- always skip cutscenes option, after a while you keep seeing the same intro, it gets kind of annoying

Nice option.

- search option for the mod page

Yes.

-The chats ingame are going over eachother. The girl talks over the chat and the team stats. I recomend to put the team stats rightabove below your own stats and the girl below that

You can move the chatbox while it is open for typing using your mouse, but, yes, it's annoying. Girl?

- Buy X ammount in store, its annoying to buy everything in ammounts of 1

Yes.

- chat always open in menu as option

No comment.

- Allchat possibilatie where you can see clan/squad chat, annoying to keep switching and not seeing the other

No comment.

If you want to discus some of these, just pm me.

I hope that this will help some of the developers

Kind regards,

Julian

I gave all my opinion I found worth giving in bold, in the quote above.

Ammo: so basicly removing ammo that should drop?

Mag: its a Female frame and is in no way to compare with rhino

Cooldown: you should actualy know when an effect is over its not that hard to see it

Phobos:yah there are still some buggy maps they will be fixed

Mele: is weak yes but the dmg 2.0 is coming lets see what hapens

Stealth:will come maybe in one of the next updates 

Bows: do you realy compare a bow with a shotgun and a rocketlauncher? You serius?

Nanospores: well only DE knows what to do with them

Names: who cares?

Dodge:so its more ninja like when you double tap wasd instead of shift+wasd?

Plat:ok

Revives: dont go with an unranked frame to lvl50 enemies?

Mele again:dmg 2.0

Results:nobody knows

Fullscreen: thats your problem

Conect:with 9.8 there are tons of them

Loked maps: DE should realy fix this

Slots:you have  50 plat at the begining with them you can buy two slots

Cutscenes: yes this should be an option

Mods:they are working on staking mods

Buy X:theres a new system incoming.

The opinon.

Nope the only thing they have in common is the skin and the ammo pool. the playstyle is way to diferent

They both work best when you have a safe, far spot to fire from.

In fact using them in any other situation is risky and dangerous. (in a suicidal manner)

The weapons do work differently, though as far as I can tell, the playstyles don't seem to be so far apart..

You fire to hit the crowds and you try to keep it away from yourself.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Ammo: so basicly removing ammo that should drop?

Mag: its a Female frame and is in no way to compare with rhino

Cooldown: you should actualy know when an effect is over its not that hard to see it

Phobos:yah there are still some buggy maps they will be fixed

Mele: is weak yes but the dmg 2.0 is coming lets see what hapens

Stealth:will come maybe in one of the next updates 

Bows: do you realy compare a bow with a shotgun and a rocketlauncher? You serius?

Nanospores: well only DE knows what to do with them

Names: who cares?

Dodge:so its more ninja like when you double tap wasd instead of shift+wasd?

Plat:ok

Revives: dont go with an unranked frame to lvl50 enemies?

Mele again:dmg 2.0

Results:nobody knows

Fullscreen: thats your problem

Conect:with 9.8 there are tons of them

Loked maps: DE should realy fix this

Slots:you have  50 plat at the begining with them you can buy two slots

Cutscenes: yes this should be an option

Mods:they are working on staking mods

Buy X:theres a new system incoming.

The opinon.

-yes if the ammo isnt an ammo of an item you use or scavenger is equiped, dont show it at all, less ram, smoother gameplay

-because a mag is afemale she is supposed to be weaker than rhino? however I find mag weaker than all the warframes, not just rhino

-you should see cd so you can time the skills, for example you never know when rhino roar is done or frost shield, if frost shield is down for 1-2 sec it could mean a lose unles you time

- Yes i find the ogris/bow the same, just the aoe damage. Bow has even a longer draw and is more difficult to aim and its solo target, it is very unbalanced compared to the ogris

- new players dont know what they can do with platinum, so they waste on stuipd stuff and regret it later, that is why(like revives as me and my friend did)

- well the wasd double tap dodge feels better and is faster reaction+ you dont have to spin your mosue for it which is more realistic

These are all just my opinion which should smooth or improve gameplay, if you disagree so be it :P I could have made this post 4x as long by telling all the reasons for each note

I wonder very much about what games OP has designed.

Most of these seem like stylistic issues.

Melee is far from "weak"--I rely on it primarily/exclusively in many situations.

Seeing ammo you don't have is useful in, y'know, a co-op game where you have friends that may actually NEED an ammo type you don't use. Biggest one I've experienced is when the kid with the sniper weapon starts begging for ammo boxes to be marked in defense.

Comparing ultimate to ultimate on 2 seperate frames is silly. Mag's crush may not have the damage of rhino's stomp, but she can also drag an entire room to her location so that EVERYONE gets hit by her crush. Rhino has no such feature. Different animals, different skills. If you're playing a rhino the way you play mag(or vice-versa), you have some personal issues to work through.

Being unable to bring someone along to a mission you want to do SUCKS, and the game design is horrific if you want to force people to route along--do you KNOW how many missions you have to clear before you can even reach a neural sensor? Do you know that, by map pathing, Excalibur(a starter-frame choice) is the last available frame in the game? The game has a flow, but there's so many features that become impossible without being able to move through content. It encourages you to actually interact with people.

Bows are plenty powerful, and if you're modding properly, fire at remarkable rates. If you're any good at aiming, they're fantastic, and can kill multiple targets at once.

You get 2 slots, and 50 free plat, and the option to buy more slots for a mere 20 platinum--you can get 75 platinum(enough for 3 new slots! Enough for SIX(6!) new slots if you saved your initial 50 plat!) if you spend $5--and you can get 75 platinum for $2.50 if you're willing to wait for it to go on sale. If you REALLY don't want to spend money on the game(which, seriously, $2.50 is too much for you?), you can always delete a frame you no longer want to use. That's why you have 2 slots.

As for revives, you get 4 free per day, and considering how cheap platinum is, reducing it to 1 each is kind of silly(and would probably promote trolling). I did not know that you get 4 per frame(I actually want to check this out now!), but that's even more reason it should be a minimal amount. If you really are burning through them THAT fast, play easier levels, bring more friends, or play more cautiously. The only time I've ever seen anyone burning through revives is when they try to solo play something over their heads.