Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant

xXB4yZk3TXx

So, I've seen a bunch of threads about Revenant and I know he was already changed quite a bit but I still think there are problems so I figured I'd start my own thread. I don't think Revenant is that ineffective per se, but I do believe his abilities kind of contradict eachother, making him feel clunky and strange to play. It's rare that I feel like i'm using my first ability to help myself, it's usually just a waste of time and energy.

The problem with Revenant's kit, to me, is that trying to cap out on thralls is almost impossible in most group scenarios for a few reasons:

• Your thralls take damage from you and your party, and other enemies. This makes it so if you throw out a single Enthrall it's almost guaranteed to die before it does anything in a group environment where you have warframes killing things as soon as they are in sight. The solution to this is to spam your Enthrall ability which then makes the spreading component of the ability more or less useless.
  • The AI, atleast when i used him not too long ago, seemed to not work properly at all times. I'd frequently catch my thralls just walking up next to me, while being shot, and just standing there for several seconds before returning fire. This problem makes it so the ability feels more like a long stun than a conversion.
  • The cast time + the time it takes for the thralls to spread by themselves takes too long given that they'll probably be dead in a second or two. Even if you Enthrall an enemy and it starts shooting, many times an ally will just come by and kill it before it spreads, or kill the original thrall along with the new enemy he/she worked so hard to convert.

I feel as though Revenant would feel a lot better to play if:

• Your thralls either don't take any damage from your party at all, they only take damage from you, they only take weapon damage from you and your party or they only take damage from you and your party once you have maybe 5-7 thralls active. I think the last one would work the best.
  • His 2 and 4 interacted with eachother in such a way that if an enemy hits you and is stunned, your 4th ability will enthrall them. This combined with the suggestion above would make it so you don't just cut down your own littly army, you just keep the number of thralls jumping up and down.
  • The AI worked properly to spread faster and actually put out some damage once thralled.

I think these changes would make him a lot more fun to play because your abilities would have the sought-after synergy. 

10 hours ago, xXB4yZk3TXx said:

So, I've seen a bunch of threads about Revenant and I know he was already changed quite a bit but I still think there are problems so I figured I'd start my own thread. I don't think Revenant is that ineffective per se, but I do believe his abilities kind of contradict eachother, making him feel clunky and strange to play. It's rare that I feel like i'm using my first ability to help myself, it's usually just a waste of time and energy.

The problem with Revenant's kit, to me, is that trying to cap out on thralls is almost impossible in most group scenarios for a few reasons:

• Your thralls take damage from you and your party, and other enemies. This makes it so if you throw out a single Enthrall it's almost guaranteed to die before it does anything in a group environment where you have warframes killing things as soon as they are in sight. The solution to this is to spam your Enthrall ability which then makes the spreading component of the ability more or less useless.
  • The AI, atleast when i used him not too long ago, seemed to not work properly at all times. I'd frequently catch my thralls just walking up next to me, while being shot, and just standing there for several seconds before returning fire. This problem makes it so the ability feels more like a long stun than a conversion.
  • The cast time + the time it takes for the thralls to spread by themselves takes too long given that they'll probably be dead in a second or two. Even if you Enthrall an enemy and it starts shooting, many times an ally will just come by and kill it before it spreads, or kill the original thrall along with the new enemy he/she worked so hard to convert.

I feel as though Revenant would feel a lot better to play if:

• Your thralls either don't take any damage from your party at all, they only take damage from you, they only take weapon damage from you and your party or they only take damage from you and your party once you have maybe 5-7 thralls active. I think the last one would work the best.
  • His 2 and 4 interacted with eachother in such a way that if an enemy hits you and is stunned, your 4th ability will enthrall them. This combined with the suggestion above would make it so you don't just cut down your own littly army, you just keep the number of thralls jumping up and down.
  • The AI worked properly to spread faster and actually put out some damage once thralled.

I think these changes would make him a lot more fun to play because your abilities would have the sought-after synergy. 

ive also experienced freshly enthralled enemies standing there for a few seconds doing nothing before attacking.

i and others have already said we would like for the thralls to only be killable by revanant.

they dont even need a damage boost. they are only theire to distract and be used for food.