The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to connect, ensure you have the latest warframe update installed PS4

(PSN)Awsome_DOG3

I thought the fortuna update will fix this, apparently not. It definitely has to do something with my internet provider. The game loads when I use cellular data but when I use wifi, it say unable to connect ensure you have the latest warframe update installed. The provider is VMedia. Can someone help

Edited by (PS4)Awsome_DOG3
Forgot to add

This kind of problem is quite difficult to talk someone through remotely, as the exact steps depend on the specific hardware your provider has given you, which makes it hard to be very specific if you aren't familiar with the things you are looking for.  I'll try and help, but I cannot guarantee success!

Basically, this is likely due to your provider blocking certain network ports that Warframe uses - this may be happening at your router (sometimes default security options are "too secure") or within their network (which is amazingly hard to get sorted).

The first thing to do is start by going into your PS4's settings and looking for "Test Network Conneciton" - you're after the test tht will tell you what NAT Type PSN detects you as having.  This should give a first idea where the problem might be, based on whether it tells us you have NAT Type 2 (this is normal) or something else.

Can you run that test and report back what NAT Type it tells you that you have?

OK, so that's the easy fix scuppered - NAT Type 2 suggests all is normal there, and that it's unlikely to be simply fixed by turning on uPnP.  That said, check through your router settings and look for  "uPNP" option, making sure it is enabled if not.  This normally helps make sure that port forwardng works automatically, but I suspect this is already enabled because of the NAT type.

The next step is harder - figuring out if you have the usual Warframe ports open and forwarded to your PS4. I did find this guide:which may help you with this part (as well as telling you which ports you need to make sure are open to the PS4):

https://portforward.com/help/warframe/

There's a slight increased security risk in opening the ports this way - rather than being open only when in use by you, this would keep them open all the time...but if it works, the risk is minimal.

Finally, there's the worst case - that your provider might be blocking the traffic used by Warframe in other ways (e.g. blocking peer to peer traffic). I honestly don't have an easy way to test this for you apart from suggesting taking your PS4 to a friend's and trying their internet (if they have a different provider).  If the port opening doesn't work, this last test may confirm that it's you're provider blocking the traffic and give you some proof to start that conversation with them.

My warframe stopped working the day we switched modems, also my Netflix was changed, shows that weren't there are there and some shows were taken out like the flash season 5, it's not there's with my wifi, but when I use my school's wifi, it comes back. It might be linked to another country. I'll try the uPnP and the port fowarding though