Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Improvements To The Orokin Void And How You Find/build Prime Gear.

Brynslustafir

The Orokin void holds some very enticing rewards for dedicated players in the form of Prime versions of certain pieces of gear from the main game, but I think there is still room for improvement in how players go about finding the parts and blueprints they need to build these items. Now before anyone says "STOP TRYING TO MAKE VOID EASIER, N00B!!!11!", know that the suggestions I am about to offer to DE are NOT meant to make it easier to build Prime Weapons and Warframes, but rather just to make the process more FUN and less GRINDY. 

Here's the best idea I've been able to come up with: I was thinking that perhaps instead of having normal drop tables for deciding what part you get at the end of a given void mission, there could be a ranking system where the reward at the end of the mission is decided by various factors of the players performance throughout the mission. For example, the requirements for getting a Reaper Prime Blade at the end of a Tier 3 Exterminate mission could be something like "Kill all enemies without using any Warframe abilities while playing Solo". That way, the player still has a significant challenge that they must face in order to get the part they need, but the randomness of what the reward will be is removed to a certain extent. This means that the only variable in deciding what reward the player gets is the players level of skill. If the player fails to meet the Reaper Prime Blade requirements, they will be rewarded with a different part, or a Forma blueprint. This wouldn't necessarily make the game any easier, clearing a T3 Exterminate without using ANY Warframe abilities and without help from friends would be fairly difficult. That way you maintain the element of challenge that you'd expect from high-level end-game content while removing the tedium and frustration that comes with running the same void mission over and over and over in hopes of getting the one specific part that you need. 

In addition to making the void less tedious, having skill-based requirements would help spice up the current repetitive mission structure, so perhaps systems like the one I just outlined could be implemented in the normal missions as well as the Void.  

I've always preferred Skill-based systems over Luck-based systems in videogames, and I think Warframe could benefit from this change. 

Feel free to leave your suggestions, I want to see what the rest of the Warframe community has to say. 

Before we have skill based rewards, shouldn't we have a skill based game?

I mean, finding a prime weapon alone might be more skillful then playing any game in Warframe...

I completely agree, that's why I suggested for skill-based requirements to be used in ALL mission, not just Void. Although the specific requirements for Void should be tougher than the requirements for the normal missions. 

Well. A t3 exterminate SOLO without ABILITIES would be. Hell on earth if I might add. NExt you're gonna say no ammo boxes. Then no weapons. Only melee. 

I wouldn't go quite that far. I'm not trying to replicate the difficulty of Classic Ninja Gaiden, here. I just want to spruce things up and improve the game. 

Well. A t3 exterminate SOLO without ABILITIES would be. Hell on earth if I might add. NExt you're gonna say no ammo boxes. Then no weapons. Only melee. 

Exterminate is pretty easy if you ask me, I could do it solo with only my 5 formaed flux and ammo boxes easily, but ext is the easiest mode imo. I love doing the void solo :D