Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Nyx's Absorb addition.

G-I-D

Hello fellow Tenno, I hope RNG find you well,

as we all know, Nyx is getting a long desired rework soon, hopefully before Christmas. But i feel like Absorb should get a bit more love. They are reworking the ability to throw everything back at the attacker. But, in the end you're still are doing the same. Sitting in a bubble absorbing everything the world throws at you, before you finally snap and unleash all the damage they have caused you.

Plus, you're teammates attacks will get absorbed too. And since our weapons to significantly more damage then the weapons of our enemies. AND they drain Nyx's energy. Which basically means that your friends can seriously screw you over in one shot, leaving you with no energy to speak of and probably a truckload of enemies in front of you just waiting for you invincibility to end. Boom, ye ded.

Remove:
So i suggest that that feature gets removed. I know that they put it in for a reason for more teamplay since your team can supercharge your Absorb to unleash a huge load of damage at once. But if your playing survival for example that can mess with you real bad, especially if it wasn't intentional. No energy as a caster. Boom, ye ded.

Add:
And as a addition to the ability, it should also taunt nearby enemies. Which you can do already, but with the augment and a melee mod which name i forgot.

If you agree with my Idea, please upvote this thread so [DE] can get a look into this... eventually. And i just hope if this is taken into consideration that it won't be a god damned augment.

This is all for now, happy Buva and Endo farming! You'll need it.

35 minutes ago, GameOrDerp said:

Plus, you're teammates attacks will get absorbed too. And since our weapons to significantly more damage then the weapons of our enemies. AND they drain Nyx's energy. Which basically means that your friends can seriously screw you over in one shot, leaving you with no energy to speak of and probably a truckload of enemies in front of you just waiting for you invincibility to end. Boom, ye ded.

to my knowledge they removed the energy drain from friendly fire a long time now (shortly after they had put it in and everyone was complaining about it)

Hotfix 20.2.3

• Augment: Nyx's Assimilate no longer Absorbs Friendly Fire.
  • Fixed HUD buffs trying to show 1,000,000 as 1e+03K instead of 1M (e.g. Nyx Absorb when full).

vor 19 Stunden schrieb YandereWaifu:

to my knowledge they removed the energy drain from friendly fire a long time now (shortly after they had put it in and everyone was complaining about it)

Hotfix 20.2.3

• Augment: Nyx's Assimilate no longer Absorbs Friendly Fire.
  • Fixed HUD buffs trying to show 1,000,000 as 1e+03K instead of 1M (e.g. Nyx Absorb when full).

pretty sure it still does. 'cause everytime a teammate started shooting inside my bubble the absorbed dmg count jumped and i lost a lot of energy (was able to reduce the energy drain by using overextended and power donation to get my power strength down to 10% and now they cant one shot my energy pool anymore. still one shot takes about 30 energy and gives 20k dmg. too bad that that 20k dmg means nothing in higher levels.)

EDIT: Ok apparently it is fixed now again. Idk why energy got drained, maybe due to specific weapon types? A Fortuna based bug and I was somehow the only one that noticed, since barely anyone is playing as Nyx, since the Rework hasn't dropped yet?

Edited by GameOrDerp

Been playing Nyx almost exclusively since Fortuna dropped, and didn't notice a friendly fire drain bug. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

IMO: Give access to the operator during Nyx's Absorb is active. It'll increase the base utility of its un-augmented form. DE can cause the operator to transfer back to Nyx's Absorb position (a la operator "death" mechanics) if they wish to prevent players from bouncing Nyx around with the larger AoE.

And maybe remove the additional energy per 1000 damage.  Unless every time it does it adds a multiplier.

And also maybe a wider radius.  Since the only enemies that likes to get personal with you are the infested.

And an option to absorb your Absorb to buff Nyx and her teammates.  Releasing absorb when no one's there to take the damage is a waste of energy and time building up the damage.

Lots of ands. 😆