Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Weapon Idea's

magalor

Primaries-

Tenno themed Crossbow

corpus themed railgun, would have slight charge time like drawing of bows or on the orgis but hit very hard like a sniper and maybe do armor ignore damage.

Secondaries-

Throwing axes. slower fire rate than kunai but hit alot harder maybe do serrated blade damage to make them very effective against light infested.

Melee-

Sword and shield combo. would have maybe 5-6 combo swing chain consisting of slices, thrusts and shield strikes. heavy melee could be a shield slam that knocks down like the grineer units have. (some karma for all those times i've ran into a hall way only get get clothes lines by them)

Infested dual maces. gives tenno a slower harder hitting dual weapon that can smash in grinner helmets or break the backs of infested chargers. heavy melee could be something like a multi hit "bang the drum" type move that splits charge damage evenly over the number of strikes. 

Just some idea's I had. would love any feed back on my ideas or idea's of your own. Thanks for reading and leaving any feedback

I don't know why but a sword and shield combo feels wrong to me.

But only a shield however.....

Normal melee = Shield Bash

Charge = Hold the shield up, absorbs a set amount of damage (improved by charge dmg?)

Maybe an energy shield that attaches to the wrist like the Glaive, and breaks after the damage limit is reached.

If anyone played ME3 multiplayer, think like the Paladin's shield.

I don't know why but a sword and shield combo feels wrong to me.

But only a shield however.....

Normal melee = Shield Bash

Charge = Hold the shield up, absorbs a set amount of damage (improved by charge dmg?)

Maybe an energy shield that attaches to the wrist like the Glaive, and breaks after the damage limit is reached.

If anyone played ME3 multiplayer, think like the Paladin's shield.

I thought of a stand alone shield as well and my thoughts were same as you but i didn't see many people using a shield on its own just to absorb damage. I figured more people would enjoy it being tied to another weapon so it has a both offensive and defensive feel. defense more through the knock down and having the blocking animation be holding shield out front like one would use a shield. would be good once DE improve blocking mechanic. I know they have said on livestreams they want to look at blocking but who knows where on the list that might be. I appreciate the input and feed back though.

I also played ME3 and I loved the paladin class. snap freeze so strong :D

I think it would get to hard to balance properly if we had some sort of extra shielding mechanics but it actually would work fine as a regular combo I think. Just have the finishing move of 5-6 combo swings be a shield bash with knockdown. Maybe if it does block anything its only while your swinging so we don't have those "imma turtle hurhuhur" people sitting there blocking everything. It would look very much like 300 at that point lol