Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little tweak to Arbitrations

xZeromusx

So, in Arbitrations, most frames seem to enjoy the +300% ability strength. Some frames don't really get much of anything from ability strength. For instance, Loki only sees a benefit on Radial Disarm, and only against certain enemies since the damage only applies in a limited number of situations. Most players don't even use Radial Disarm for its damage for the very reason that its damage is limited. Some might augment it, but that doesn't change its damaging aspect all that much. Bottom line is, playing Loki in Arbitrations is pretty much no different than playing him in any other missions. It gives him just a tiny bit more bite on one skill against only a select group of enemies, and that's it.

My suggested tweak is to add +300% Ability Range, +300% Ability Duration, and +300% Ability Efficiency to the random selection pool. This would give Loki the chance to get something that might benefit his skill set a bit better than strength, but also add some more variation to how other frames choose their load outs too.

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2018-12-19 at 3:54 PM, xZeromusx said:

My suggested tweak is to add +300% Ability Range, +300% Ability Duration, and +300% Ability Efficiency to the random selection pool.

Not entirely certain I understand what you are trying to say here, but if you are suggesting that the 300% buff is changed to a random of the 4 (strength, range, dura, efficiency), I would say that the cure is even worse than the disease, because there will be more useless even potentially hindering combinations. (Many frames do not benefit from 300% range or duration) 

It would be better if the player can choose which 300% buff out of the 4 stats, but I can also see issues with that as it will make some frames a lot stronger, making arbitration even more trivial than it is now.

If that's the case, how about just Loki gets something like +300% Ability Range and everyone else gets to keep their +300% Strength? Maybe if there are other Warframes who don't benefit at all from the +Strength then they, too, can get +300% Range or perhaps even Duration instead. Even that might be a drastic change, so I should say upfront that my actual main priority is that the Arbitrations stay just as difficult as they currently are. "Doable but dangerous" is how I'd put it. Right now they don't seem overly difficult (at least to start, but that's just to get to the first rotation C) but you do need to really pay attention because zoning out for 5-10 seconds can put you down. Help Loki if you can DE, because I know that the intention with Arbitrations was not to make just one 'frame feel left out, but not at the expense of the whole mission mode if that's what's on the line.

So keep it "doable but dangerous" first and foremost.

Il y a 21 heures, Leyers_of_facade a dit :

Not entirely certain I understand what you are trying to say here, but if you are suggesting that the 300% buff is changed to a random of the 4 (strength, range, dura, efficiency), I would say that the cure is even worse than the disease, because there will be more useless even potentially hindering combinations. (Many frames do not benefit from 300% range or duration) 

It would be better if the player can choose which 300% buff out of the 4 stats, but I can also see issues with that as it will make some frames a lot stronger, making arbitration even more trivial than it is now.

Except every single frame has at least 1 skill that benefits from each of the ability buffs. Most have 2 or more, and several actually have skills where all 4 attributes affect all of their skills. Further, it allows for more diversification of builds using dual stat mods that drain the buffed attribute to boost another. Under a range mod, you could use Narrow Minded without even dropping below 200% range. Under a duration mod, you can use Transient fortitude and not drop below 200% duration. Under an Efficiency mod, you can use Blind rage AND Transient Fortitude and still have the mythical 75% reduction in energy cost without needing Fleeting Expertise. Every single frame can benefit from these buffs in unique and interesting ways.

Edited by xZeromusx

Il y a 20 heures, (PS4)GrandisSupernus a dit :

So keep it "doable but dangerous" first and foremost.

It wouldn't really change it all that much. New builds make for new complexities is all. However, no build changes the arbitration drone mechanic that causes abilities to be ineffective anyways. So, the same difficulty that can neutralize your strength buff can neutralize the others as well. It might become a smidgen easier, or it might become a smidgen harder. A randomized buff means random benefits that can be either really helpful, or not as helpful. So the issue of difficulty wouldn't change all that much. For some frames, with some buffs, they might benefit less than they would have with strength. With others, they might benefit more. Thus, the difficulty can become more random and more extreme.

Edited by xZeromusx