Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk feedback and thoughts

Phyrak

Hey there,

With Baruuk being out a day now and people starting to build him, I thought some day 1 feedback could be of use in the weeks to come as he gets tweaked and changed accordingly.

My thoughts are on making Baruuk more ergonomic to play along with giving him some scaling and greater value than the strange niche is in. The main idea is to add a way to support through damage reduction, energy/health regeneration and armour/shield removal.

Elude:
A good first ability - I don't really have any qualms about it; except for it to work you need to stop attacking...
Maybe let there be a chance, say somewhere between 75-95% for incoming attacks to pass through you as you are attacking.
The other issue is that it is a constant drain for a frame that spams abilities.
Either give it the Nezha treatment with a long base duration/re-casting in order to regenerate energy.
Or 
Give it the Equinox treatment of Pacify/Provoke. Again, allowing for the regeneration of energy.

Lull:
A good ability, more particularly for running in stealth and resetting how foes track you. Also allows for some permanency to keep Serene Storm active.
Nothing to add here.

Desolate Hand:
I like the concept of this ability but the cost of repeated casts doesn't do it justice.
Along with the damage reduction, perhaps add 0.5 or 1 health and energy per second per dagger which can then be given to allies as a way to buff them and grant damage reduction for the duration assigned to them until a foe is within reach.
Secondly, give it the Equinox Pacify/Provoke with a dagger being summoned every X seconds to balance out the daggers being used or given to allies.
Perhaps even asign a small cost to replacing the dagger - this would be far more manageable compared to the constant clicking of 3.

Serene Storm:
I very much enjoy this ability.
It looks incredible but that is about it.
The crowd control of the forward combo I find a little bit obnoxious - I tend to focus on block or standard combo.
Against high level enemies, it is perhaps a worse off exalted weapon compared to others - due to its lower damage and no real way to deal with armour/shield due to low status.
There could be a few ways to go about scaling this:

- Armour and shield removal per hit from the wave, with the waves increasing the combo multiplier

- Adding a passive bleed proc to scale its damage... because you know, desert

- Desolate Hand adds combo multiplier based on enemies hit in the area of effect from the daggers

Baruuk seems to fit somewhere in-between Trinity and Harrow, being able to support and control the flow of combat.
Both Trinity and Harrow are able to scale - either with scaling damage or armour removal not to mention both have ways to heal and grant energy but in very different manners.
I see Baruuk fitting in with their support and offensive support play style with the above changes.

Agree?
Disagree?
Something to add?
Something to change?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

• Like 1

personal opinion, the only ability i dont like (absolutely cant stand and refuse to waste energy on) is desolate hands, the second i cast it they are gone, i honestly think they could remove this entirely and add it as an augment to his 1, a chance that after every dodged hit baruuk will spawn a dagger and it acts as desolate hands does now that being vanishing instantly and never actually being useful as damage reduction, if they want desolate hands to be a thing as it is they need to make it timed not based on number of daggers, in an alloted time limit they will respawn around him and fire off one at a time towards nearby enemies all the while giving him a SET damage reduction that isnt effected by the dagger flying off because as it is now i literally cast the power and then by the time i blink theyve all flown off

i think serene storm needs a status boost because we literally cant build even a slightly viable status chance onto them without completely screwing up its build

also BIG thing, give us capacity equivalent to normal melee stances for the serene storm stance as we level it, please? i really need more capacity to finish my build the way i want it

Edited by Ocerkin

5 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

personal opinion, the only ability i dont like (absolutely cant stand and refuse to waste energy on) is desolate hands, the second i cast it they are gone, i honestly think they could remove this entirely and add it as an augment to his 1, a chance that after every dodged hit baruuk will spawn a dagger and it acts as desolate hands does now that being vanishing instantly and never actually being useful as damage reduction, if they want desolate hands to be a thing as it is they need to make it timed not based on number of daggers, in an alloted time limit they will respawn around him and fire off one at a time towards nearby enemies all the while giving him a SET damage reduction that isnt effected by the dagger flying off because as it is now i literally cast the power and then by the time i blink theyve all flown off

I certainly agree with you there

My two builds - 15 and 13 daggers.

Both annoy me to no end due to what you say above.

It is satisfying to see allies with half a dozen daggers on them.

Now if those daggers could get a little bit of energy and health regeneration and a way to bring them to power - they would be wonderful.

I like your dagger on elude idea 🙂

Somethings I have ran into and thought about after playing this frame. Lull is way too slow to make enemies fall asleep, by the time they would be asleep, teammates and companions have already killed them. I agree with the teak to Elude the OP said, no ability should stop working while attacking, so the % while attacking would be nice (Maybe based on Power Strength) The daggers..yeah I am with both of you it's annoying to keep up but I think it could be fixed by taking away the flying off to be with an ally and instead have that feature on an augment. In the end, looking at his whole kit, he is way too slow paced in a high paced combat game which is why I started calling him Bore-uuk. His 4 is his only fun bit in my opinion it's like a Fluctus or an Arca Plasmor attached to your fists.